It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Members of the New Black Panther Party are offering a $10,000 reward for the "capture" of George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin. New Black Panther leader Mikhail Muhammad announced the reward during a protest in Sanford Saturday. And when asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 10,000 black men to capture Zimmerman, who shot Trayvon in a gated Sanford community on Feb. 26. Muhammad said members of his group would search for Zimmerman themselves in Maitland — where the 28-year old worked before the shooting, employees there told the Orlando Sentinel. He declined to say when the group would begin their search. The firm where the Sentinel reported Zimmerman had been working said Saturday that he has not been to the company's Maitland office since the shooting. Muhammad said the group's national chairman, Dr. Malik Zulu Shabaz of Washington, D.C.is receiving donations from black entertainers and athletes. They hope to collect $1 million by next week, Muhammad said. The party said they would not release the names of donors nor would they provide documentation to support the existence of donations. The New Black Panthers announced the reward at a protest in Sanford Saturday, the activist group's third protest in the past two weeks over the fatal shooting of the Miami Gardens teen. The group called for Zimmerman's arrest and threatened to find and detain him if police were not willing to do so. But group members didn't call for the mobilization of thousands until Saturday. Muhammed led the group in chanting "Justice for Trayvon!" and "Black Power!" "If the government won't do the job, we'll do it," Muhammad said, leading his group of eight party members in chants like "freedom or death" and "justice for Trayvon" while making the iconic gesture of raising their fists into the air.

www.chicagotribune.com...
edit on 26-3-2012 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow,

You guys are really eating this case up

I can personally say, So What???.

Should we open up a new forum for this case

I mean seriously

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I like the amount of threads this case is creating. Everybody offers a different perspective, for the most part. It's a very good opportunity for America as a whole, to examine some key issues.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Wow,

You guys are really eating this case up

I can personally say, So What???.

Should we open up a new forum for this case

I mean seriously

it is the principality of the case. i don't care if he is guilty or Innocent, political parties should stay out of issues like these for many reasons. do you think the black panthers are gonna take him alive? or that George Zimmerman wont kill a few of them in the processes of his capture? would the black panthers have done this if it was a child of another race? that is where the issues begin.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Lol, I'm so far past all of this. That poor boy Trayvon is rolling in his grave at the moment.

The media posts pictures of him when he was 12, he's 17.

His mother is attempting to make money off of this tragedy.

Zimmerman is Hispanic. Shirts were made saying "P**** Ass Cracker."

Everyone on here [evidently] were there and saw what happened, because everyone on here are just "certain" on siding with either Trayvon or Zimmerman and won't even bother looking at the actual facts.

Trayvon was a known drug dealer and was suspended from school because of it, he was a foul-mouthed little "gangster wannabe," and no - I'm not saying this because of his skin color. I'm saying this because of the pictures he had posted as well as the disgusting language he posted all over Facebook/Twitter.

I don't know if Zimmerman acted in the right - and neither do you. Unless if you were there (and I am certain you weren't), stop muddying all of this up with your self-righteous opinions and guilty remarks towards one of the two people.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just let them be, God's righteousness won't be tainted by all this media Bullcra*. I read that one of them said an eye for an eye. That is directly opposite of Jesus's (Yeshua's) teaching. I guess all the black panthers are a spawn of satan anyway, just as all the racists are. Am I judging them? Not really, I will let the king do that. They need to find Jesus instead of trying to make a point or just assuming they know what really happened. Only God knows. Have mercy on us! Listen to Lunie 3:80 people. Especially you black panthers. Oh was that racist? Nope, all depends on the eye of the beholder. Lunie 3:80 knows whats up though. Oh yea, forgot to mention thousands of people die everyday. Not to mention the civilians our own Govt. kills. I guess the black panthers don't mind that though. Save us please!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This ain't my ET thread.

Seriously, this stuff needs to stop. I don't come to ATS to talk about a race war, yet I keep getting wrapped up in this. I'm hanging it up now. No more Trayvon Martin postings for me.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have no idea if the shooter is guilty or not!!!! That said the police will investigate and decide if arrest is the correct action to take.
The police can't arrest him until they have enough evidence to charge him, if he is arrested he must (by law) be charged with a crime within a very short time or they must let him go.
He is innocent until proven guilty and that process begins with investigation by police.
Give it some time for them to sort things out and quit trying to decide his guilt or innocense in the media

The Black Panthers should be warned and told to stop with their vigilanty tactics. It is against the law for civilians to offer a reward for someone
edit on 26-3-2012 by rlrsar because: grammer

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Already posted here www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join