It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Killing Off all HONEYBEES to replace with Hybrid GEBEES that Pollinate only GMO Crops

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
whether monsanto is killing off honeybees or not remains to be seen. what i find silly is that nature works better than we can even understand, so why are we messing around with GMO's?

once the cross pollination occurs, there is no going back. the genes will be impossible to remove, and we'll have to live with the consequences of trying to play god.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

MONSANTO Killing Off all HONEYBEES to replace with Hybrid GEBEES that Pollinate only GMO Crops

If I may... a brief comment that rail-lines this subject...

Monsanto has an agenda that is to eventually control the basic production of seed and grain lines. Today, they actually OWN the right to use seeds from vegetation grown from their production. That means if you use their stuff to grow a watermelon, you cannot legally use the seeds from in that melon next year to grow more.

Regardless of anyone's views on faith and such, mine is that this kind of thing is a sin against the planet and against God... any God at all because it insults nature and the right to till the soil and grow our own food.

Okay... my rant is done.
edit on 27-3-2012 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

You expressed the heart of the issue beautifully, and i'm at a loss how anyone that has done any homework about Monsanto business practices could even give them the benefit of the doubt, let alone defend them, but hey no worries this "insane" company has a hired "army" to protect them, hmm why is that?

I posted in this thread this morning, and did spend most of the day planting and tending to my little bee/insect friendly garden, and it was a wonderful day in that respect, It's taking every once of etiquite and goodwill I have inside of me right now not to lash out at some really disturbing and discouraging posts others have written that seem to just "dismiss" the seriousness of tampering with mother nature in such a thoughtless and careless way.

If I have to listen to one more response saying "give me the proof" when any logical person can reasonably conclude and interpret "the facts" by proxy, research and observation, then I would say that's a big problem that keeps us "stuck" on stupid. Does anyone really believe that without "whistleblowers" , who often seem to be discredited, that Monsanto has any hardcore documented "proof" that could be easily found and shown by any of us?

To Bee or not to Bee, that is the question!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by hawkiye

Monsanto is working on increasing its profits, like any business.
They've been doing it since long before GMOs were a gleam in anyone's eye.

Just out of curiosity, do you agree with their methods of increasing their profits?

Edit: I have read some other posts you have made. I am also curious about what you think regarding the current methods of food production in this country?

I am only asking because you are a prolific poster and seem to have a depth of knowledge.
edit on 2012/3/27 by Another10Pin because: Additional question.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Really ? Round up is an herbicide. A weed killer. It is supposed to kill plants. Its what it is labeled to do. I dont eat what I spray round up on. I spray it to kill the plant. Mostly I use it on poison ivy that tries to take over my yard. Know what you're talking about before you get all up in arms.

Apparently you do not know contrary to Monsanto claims roundup does not disperse in the soil quickly it stays for years and degrades the soil and kills the natural bacteria on soil needed by plants and gets in the run off etc..

Roundup should be outlawed!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Round-up and Rpumd-up biactive are both herbicides. They are the most commonly used herbaside in the NRM industry for weed control in native bushland areas. Bi-active supposedly safe to use near/in waterways and 100% safe to all living creatures.

Recent rumors have linked a micro-algae which supposedly lives in Roundup (thrives), to sterility in livestock and other living organisms.

While this may or may not be true, the fact remains that 10,000,000's of letres of roundup are sprayed into the native forests all over AU each year.

Companies like monsanto are killing us and all life on our planet by making their products the only legal or viable solutions.

Fire is fast becomming an alternative tool for weed cotrol in Australia and within ten years a majority of Environmental companies will have switched to Ecological burning, with a minimum of chemical usage used for spot spraying re-growth.

Monsanti you can bet has other ideas and will most likely try to influence local and federal government down under to prevent a drop in the use of their chems, by banning a more efficient and cleaner alternative...

Time will tell..

I have specifically gone back to study Fire management and plan to spend the next few fire seasons on summer crews to gain experience in controled burning and fire fighting, just for the purpouse of utilising fire as a substitute for chems in weed control. I plan to take this path as a private contractor in the near future.

Let us hope I havn't wasted my time..heh
edit on 3/28/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ozwest
Roundup is not a pesticide. It is a herbicide.

Please. We have been through this.

One more time. All chemicals (or bio-control agents even), that attack living things either selectively or non-selectively are broadly labelled PESTICIDES. Their mode of action does not enter the equation (be they selective, non-selective, translocated, systemic, desiccant etc). They are collectively known as pesticides.

From there they are broken down into their various target groups such as herbicides, fungicides, insecticides etc.

Pesticides as a word, covers all of these different groups.

Here is a repost of a link that sums this information up.

www.environment.nsw.gov.au...

PS - If you want to read about an even nastier pesticide (see what I did there?), I'd suggest doing some research on diquat or paraquat. Commonly known as Sprayseed (at least here in my country).
It's a herbicide that had been used in a series of suicides locally when hard times came about during a recession that severely impacted the broad-acre industry years ago. There are also cases of children drinking it after finding some stored in soft drink bottles in sheds. It's a nasty, dangerous product.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Honeybees are not native to north america, they were imported from England. So Monsanto is only taking it one step further.

There is about 99% of the things in North America that aren't native. People, plants, animals (cats and dogs), bugs, furniture, food, drugs, etc. They may not be native but they are either manufactured or natural.

A couple of my ancestors were imported from England. So, should Monsanto take me one step further? One step further is sometimes one step too much, especially if it involves someone else's toes.

Mutant bees would be imposing on reality, I think. I would rather Monsanto breed dinosaurs than bees. Ideally, Monsanto could engineer plants that would not make bees die, instead of creating new bees, as though the old ones were broken? No, Monsanto's obsession with making species sick unto endangered and extinct is broken. These mutant GMO things, I would prefer them to be an exotic occurrence, not mainstream.

I don't want a monsantopoly on the ecosystem.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

If I remember correctly paraquat has the similar effect to frogs, that Pulse has.

It can cause spontaiouse sex change in frog populations adn force extinction of populations through lack of breeding.

Been a while since I heard than particular chem mentioned anywhere, hope I have the right one.
edit on 3/28/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

It was an S7 scheduled poison when I worked in that area. I had to carry out what was known at that time as AVCA training before being able to handle it. That also means those purchasing it (earlier in the piece), had to sign for it.

Afterwards users also needed to carry out a chemical training course and produce their certificate to be able to buy it. It's a highly toxic product to both humans and fauna. Frogs would probably become very sick or die depending on the amount they are exposed to. I must admit to not being sure about the effects on them that you have described.

Most wetters (Pulse is basically a wetter although it's generally referred to as a penetrant - see here - search.nufarm.com.au...), are added, or already present in herbicides. They are similar to a detergent in that they help spread or stick the active ingredient to the plants leaves. Generally they were sold in 60% strength and 100%. Roundup 360g/l & some other formulations have wetters present pre-mixed in the drum.

Wetters have been found to clog pores of amphibians which causes death. These products should never be used along waterways.

I believe wetters cause issues in bees as well, however research has been done in this area and the results do not seem to confirm my belief.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Sounds like they want those wasps from the Hunger Games.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
the main point is no one should hold monopoly on food !
feeding our planet is paramount to the survival of our species.
If one group holds a monopoly , then it turns to the haves and have nots !

they msut be stopped before they kill us all

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Bees, seriously??? This sounds like one of the X-file episodes! What is the quote.. "Art imitates Life..." Sounds like "Life imitating Art." Life is just getting creepy.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Honeybees are not native to north america, they were imported from England. So Monsanto is only taking it one step further.

This is incorrect. Honeybees have been native to N. America since prehistoric times. Apis nearctica was recently (2009) discovered in a fossil in NV. source It's true that beekeepers have imported various hybrid bees from Germany, Italy, UK and Russia and continue to do so but these are all natural hybrids chosen for disease resistance, productivity and ease of management.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Monsanto connected to at least 200,000 suicides in India throughout past decade

NaturalNews) When India's seed economy was forced by the World Bank to become globalized in the late 1990s, economic conditions within the nation's agricultural sector almost immediately took a nosedive for the worst. Much of the common Indian seed stock turned from saveable heirloom varieties to patented, genetically-modified (GM) varieties that expire after a single use and require the application of expensive and cumbersome pesticides in order to grow, which plunged many Indian farmers into abject poverty. And nearly 25 years later, the devastating effects of this corporate takeover of Indian agriculture has resulted in countless suicides, 200,000 of which have occurred just in the past ten years.

According to a recent report in the U.K. Independent, many Indian farmers have lost their farms and land over the past several decades. One of the primary causes is failed investments by farmers that banked heavily on the success of newly-introduced GM crops. Multinational biotechnology giants like Monsanto and Syngenta promised farmers that GM crops would bring incredible yields at lower costs, and save the country from poverty. But in reality, many of the crops ended up failing, leaving millions of Indian farmers with absolutely nothing.

"One farmer every 30 minutes (commits suicide) in India now, and sometimes three in one family," explained Palagummi Sainath, an Indian journalist, to the U.K. Independent. Left with nowhere to turn and a complete loss of their livelihoods, many farmers are literally drinking their crop pesticides. And since many of these suicides go unreported or unnoticed, actual rates could be even higher than those

www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 28-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

I was wondering about the bees from europe comment since bears are famous for honey addiction well before the white man ever showed up
edit on 28-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How is Monsanto's efforts at filling Gov't positions within the F.D.A. and virtually every part of the Gov't where their interests can be touched to push forward the motives of Monsanto for Monsanto, not treason?
How is this not a treasonous act towards the people of the U.S. and/or Canada, or any nation on Earth for Monsanto agents to infiltrate Gov't positions and covertly implement a pro-Monsanto agenda that is detrimental to every citizen? If these were Russians or Iranians perpetrating these acts instead of Monsanto-uhns we'd have already been in a World War decades ago

edit on 28-3-2012 by Marrr because: G.D. Monsanto-uhns

edit on 28-3-2012 by Marrr
edit on 28-3-2012 by Marrr because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

LOL Its DRAMATIC cuz it izzzzzzz

NO GMO!!!!!

Ag Ministry begins process to ban MON810!!!
On March 15, over 1,500 beekeepers and their allies marched thru the streets of Warsaw, depositing thousands of dead bees on the steps of the Ministry of Agriculture, in protest of genetically modified foods and their requisite pesticides which are killing bees, moths and other agriculturally-beneficial insects around the globe.

edit on 28-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts...
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, video,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
How is Monsanto's efforts at filling Gov't positions within the F.D.A. and virtually every part of the Gov't where their interests can be touched to push forward the motives of Monsanto for Monsanto, not treason?
How is this not a treasonous act towards the people of the U.S. and/or Canada, or any nation on Earth for Monsanto agents to infiltrate Gov't positions and covertly implement a pro-Monsanto agenda that is detrimental to every citizen?

See the vid below, OBAMA himself has appointed Monsanto bioterrorists in executive charge of the world's food supply.

Yes, it is high treason and has become a GDP to support a national security priority, feeds US budget, defense/nuke weapons so the US will NOT persecute the 'hand' that feeds it, even if the feed is poison at least its highly profitable and effective poison, thats really what it boils down to in light of TPTB, the NWO and what the AGENDA is, as globally morbid as it is, that's the reality of this sick global dominion.

Having inflitrated US Government already is JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG regarding Monsanto's WORLD DOMINATION (& depopulation) AGENDA!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join