It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Killing Off all HONEYBEES to replace with Hybrid GEBEES that Pollinate only GMO Crops

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You know what's amazing...... CHECK THIS OUT.....

www.google.com... gfk4pW6Dw&usg=AFQjCNHGIdrdFbfWTiAuYUq5et4cREAKQw

www.google.com... weVpvjHDw&usg=AFQjCNEDlFedxdpifrIIypIgN82hHDHaUA

Before they take off to the new area of flowers, they eat just enough honey to get there, and an error in the amount of food/fuel would spell a one way no return trip. Amazing.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyote66
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Wow really? That sounds like science fiction!!

Silverbergs
Valentine Pontifex probably

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Really ? Round up is an herbicide. A weed killer. It is supposed to kill plants. Its what it is labeled to do. I dont eat what I spray round up on. I spray it to kill the plant. Mostly I use it on poison ivy that tries to take over my yard. Know what you're talking about before you get all up in arms.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I thought worker bees weren't interested in sex (being unmatured females). Why would they be affected by pheromones? I suppose it may be possible to "program" a preference for certain flower characteristics but I think the factors which lead a bee to land on a particular flower are more complex than any single thing.

But since you did bring the conversation back to the OP (thank you), I see another puzzling aspect of this conspiracy. Monsanto wants to sell its seeds, right? It doesn't want people to produce their own seeds from Monsanto GM products (to replant). How would these tricky bees (which for some reason would only be attracted to Monsanto's plants) help Monsanto? Won't these bees result in more bandit seeds if they only visit Monsanto's plants? How would these bees actually benefit Monsanto?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

I dont eat what I spray round up on.

In your personal case, yes. However Roundup-Ready crops are available and have been for a while. These crops can happily have Roundup sprayed directly over them. The weeds & undesirable plants will die, the crop (canola is an example), will continue to grow.

Like it or not, you are eating some of these crops. Be it directly or indirectly.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow, but we need to ask ourselves...is this POSSIBLE?

Plausible Vs. Possible

Coincidence Vs. Conspiracy

On this forum, sometimes it's hard to deal with these issues, because the speculation occurs where the two dichotomies intersect.

That is to say, coincidence and conspiracy are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Monsanto can conspire within its ranks (as an entity composed of more than one person) and without - with other corps and world governments.

So, yes, it is possible that Monsanto Conspires. But is it possible that they conspire to rid the world of bees. Or...is it more likely or plausible that they conspire on all sorts of underhanded projects, but the bee die-offs (or colony collapses) are second-hand results of the actions they take (i.e., coincidence - CO-incidences, as in, incidents that happen concurrently).

I think that it is more plausible that Monsanto's actions are coincidental (perhaps, instrumental) in the bee die-offs but that any sort of purposeful conspiracy to that end, on such a scale, would be less than possible (how are you going to find all the bees? Could you find all the ants?)

That being said, conspiracy or coincidence (cause and not necessarily desired effect) does not remove blame or shame from Monsanto. At the end of the day, the words "Don't let a good disaster go to waste" (i.e., Disaster Capitalism - capitalizing on disaster) still rings true to any corporate outfit.

And, I still find a lone bee, from time to time, grasping the wall, almost motionless and disoriented. It bothers me more and more because I see less and less of them doing their normal routines during the day. Everytime I see one doing that, I feel like they are the last of their colony, floating aimlessly in nature without rhyme or reason. It's very troublesome and something has to be done.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I thought worker bees weren't interested in sex (being unmatured females). Why would they be affected by pheromones? I suppose it may be possible to "program" a preference for certain flower characteristics but I think the factors which lead a bee to land on a particular flower are more complex than any single thing.

Colour of flowers, scents and distance from the hive all combine to attract bees. I think it would be pretty difficult to 're-program' all of these facets of a bees natural instinct.

I've got 6 hives myself. It's fascinating watching them go about their business! I love the way they communicate to each other with little dances and tail waggles. They do this to notify other workers of flower locations. When re-locating hives, you'll see a few 'scouts' initially fly out upon release. They fly in ever increasing circles until they locate their target. They then return to the hive, perform a little dance and the workers all take off in the correct direction. It's amazing!

Bee behaviour is very complex. More complex than a lot of people give them credit for. I really think it would be hard for humans to alter this.

I still hate Monsanto though. I've worked with them (not as a direct employee), and found their arrogance and treatment of local farmers and primary producers to be abhorrent. They see them as nothing more than "cash cows". That's their own words.

I also despised the way their GMO crops and Roundup-Ready seeds were forced upon local farmers. They were, for all intents and purposes, deceived.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Oddly enough, in all of their commercials for round-up, they show the home-owner spraying it on dandelions. So, in reality, it's not so much that you don't eat what you yourself spray it on, but rather they want you to spray it on things you could be eating (dandelion is one hundred percent edible - leaves for salad, flower for tea, roots boiled).

It's kind of like having lettuce growing in your front yard and being beside yourself with what to do...and along comes a product that takes the hard choices away from you..."Woe is me, another head of lettuce in my front yard? I can't bare the stress of it. I know, I'll spray it to death with carcinogenic chemicals!"

Of course, you know, you could pull it and save a trip to the grocery store for tonight's salad...but I guess that's too difficult in today's world.

Pre-emptive edit: Yes, I'm aware you (you the poster I cite) were talking about spraying it on poison ivy. However, again, they always advertise it for dandelions, which is why I needed to make my little sarcastic comment.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Albert Einstein never said "If the Honey Bees die then 4 years later humans will follow". Find it and you will make a million other people happy. He never said it.

Love the post though! S&F

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

But since you did bring the conversation back to the OP (thank you), I see another puzzling aspect of this conspiracy. Monsanto wants to sell its seeds, right? It doesn't want people to produce their own seeds from Monsanto GM products (to replant). How would these tricky bees (which for some reason would only be attracted to Monsanto's plants) help Monsanto? Won't these bees result in more bandit seeds if they only visit Monsanto's plants? How would these bees actually benefit Monsanto?

lol, i'm talking about pheromones emitted by flowers, silly
though i could be using the wrong word

Scent

According to Bee Source, bees use scent to identify the specific sweet flowers that contain ample amounts of food. They also leave their scent on the flowers that they have already visited. When other bees detect the scent, they avoid this particular flower and land on another one. Bees can also deposit a slightly different scent on flowers that have an abundant amount of food, allowing fellow bees to visit and consume the rest of the food.
www.ehow.com...

of course gmo plants are not going to be benefited by any pollination process, they are not meant to create viable reusable seeds

the 1st video has been removed which is suspicious but then again utube has been known to cave in under pressure
and monsanto has plenty of muscle

i stand by my 1st post on this thread Monsanto Delenda Est]

that said i will admit having jumped the gun and OP'S title is erroneous
google fu reveals video may have been a copyright violation issue
and the following link:
Monsanto Killing the Bees to Introduce Genetically Engineered 'Super' Bees For Lots of Cash
videos.freeantivirushelp.com...

edit on 27-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

edit on 27-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Really ? Round up is an herbicide. A weed killer. It is supposed to kill plants. Its what it is labeled to do. I dont eat what I spray round up on. I spray it to kill the plant. Mostly I use it on poison ivy that tries to take over my yard. Know what you're talking about before you get all up in arms.

Maybe you forgot, it doesn't kill all plants. Namely, Monsanto glyphosate resistant plants. They absorb it, survive, we eat them not aware we are intaking some glyophosate which is toxic.

I'm not sure what you were quoting me on anyway since its blank.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is just outrageous, i mean where does it end? Somebody, please wake me from this collective nightmare were all living in!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I find this slightly humorous. You park somewhere to long, you get a ticket. These guys are poisoning us and killing the earth and nothing is done. Screw this nwo. Their plans will backfire. See what happens when u mess with people and their food.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

MONSANTO Killing Off all HONEYBEES to replace with Hybrid GEBEES that Pollinate only GMO Crops

If I may... a brief comment that rail-lines this subject...

Monsanto has an agenda that is to eventually control the basic production of seed and grain lines. Today, they actually OWN the right to use seeds from vegetation grown from their production. That means if you use their stuff to grow a watermelon, you cannot legally use the seeds from in that melon next year to grow more.

Regardless of anyone's views on faith and such, mine is that this kind of thing is a sin against the planet and against God... any God at all because it insults nature and the right to till the soil and grow our own food.

Okay... my rant is done.
edit on 27-3-2012 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Roundup is not a pesticide. It is a herbicide. I owned a 14 acre plant nursery/landscaping business for 15 years and used Glyphosate (Roundup) extensively. Used to buy it in 20 ltre containers which is diluted with water at about1:500 ratio. Although applied as a foilage spray, it is a systemic (root absorbing) herbicide which is different than foilage spray (agent orange, "quats"). With both herbicides, the foilage of the undesired plant is mist spayed to ensure erradication. Roundup attacks the vascular system of the plant and achieves kill in 1-2 weeks (depending on weather) The "quats" literally burn the plant and results occur almost immediately. Roundup is a safer chemical to use than others and my plant nursery would not have survived without its use. People will not pay double for a organic hand-weeded plant.

I can understand the appeal to farmers of a roundup resistant herbicide, as "blanket spraying," rather than "target spraying"can be incorporated. Remember, the palant you spray, is the plant you kill. Imagine walking through acres of corn and selectively spraying undeseriable weeds... If they made such a product for my plant nursery, I would be encouraged to use it for the same obviously beneficial reasons.

I am not a chemical engineer, only a horticulturalist. It is one thing to use a relatively safe chemical to achieve weed erradication, and another to ingest a plant which absorbs toxins through natural process. I would not eat a product containing GMO's. Good thing I grow my own fruit and veg. I suggest readers do the same, or at the very least read the packaging and be informed.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Gosh, that guy's accent is hard to endure, especially with his big voice right in my ears.

Where's the proof Monsanto has been planning this, anyways??? There's evidence about cross-pollination affecting the bees, but nothing more relevant...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Monsanto is working on increasing its profits, like any business.
They've been doing it since long before GMOs were a gleam in anyone's eye.

I think that pretty much is a no-brainer. The issue, however, is that in this pursuit of profit, our food supply is potentially going to get wrecked. One can quibble all day over whether or not this is a conspiracy theory, but cold hard facts make all of that irrelevant. Studies have been done to pretty much show that GM foods cause many kinds of health problems in test animals. It's a matter of time before we really see what starts happening to people. Maybe a "mysterious" increase of certain cancer or birth defect....perhaps we'll never know until it's too late. But what does seem to be apparent at this time is some of the ways they have been trying to circumnavigate proper testing by the FDA and have been caught skewing/repressing results. Two Fox news reporters were fired for trying to expose the truth of these tests. Incidentally, Monsanto was one of their sponsors.

Phage, I know you love to debunk "conspiracy theories" and appreciate hard evidence, but this thing with Monsanto seems to have plenty of evidence to show that they at least conspire to suppress info that might hurt their profits, even if it endangers our livelihood despite how many legal loopholes they seem to find. And that's not even to examine or discuss the monopoly issue over a food supply. Like I said, it's a no-brainer.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by empireoflizards

That particular comment was directed at the statement that "Monsanto is waging war on our food supply". Monsanto is taking advantage of the ongoing need for increased food production that goes hand in hand with increasing development across the planet. They are feeding the demand for greater productivity and increased resistance to and ability to control pests (animal and plant). If that demand were not there (and if their products did not address it) they would not be the thing that they are.

While I have said that Monsanto is not solely at fault, not once have I said Monsanto is blameless. And again. I think the premise of this thread is absurd.

As you say, there are plenty of valid concerns. Is the intent to patent a "superbee", one which is resistant to all of the various things which seem to be killing bees (though, according to one ATS member who is an apiatrist, proper husbandry goes a long way toward accomplishing that)? If you are looking for a conspiracy that might make a lot more sense than a bee that would only pollinate Monsanto plants.

edit on 3/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I did a research paper on colony collapse disorder, and it came down to any combination of: disease, pesticides, vermoa mites, electromagnetic interference, or gmo crops. With such uncertainty on the cause of the bee die-offs i think its definitely possible that Monsanto could be taking advantage of the situation or even causing it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Time to buy a hunting rifle w scope and get to work.?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join