It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Killing Off all HONEYBEES to replace with Hybrid GEBEES that Pollinate only GMO Crops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

This topic and conversation has already been started here: Bees Dying Off, Bee Truck Crashes and our Future... www.abovetopsecret.com... In which I provided the following link: Monsanto Announces New SoyBee'n Self-Pollinating Soy Bean! www.nwedible.com... The addition of these supposed Hybrid GEBEES that only pollinate GMO crops sure adds weight to my theory...

I just want to make sure that everyone is clear, the "soyBee'n" article is completely satirical. The only part that is tru is the fact tha Monsanto did purchase Beelogics. Please read the entire article, www.nwedible.com... , before posting inaccurate info

You are here: Home / Editorial / Monsanto Announces New SoyBee’n Self-Pollinating Soy Bean! Monsanto Announces New SoyBee’n Self-Pollinating Soy Bean! October 12, 2011 by Erica · 5 Comments [Pin It] Late month, noted seed and biotech company Monsanto announced the purchase of Beelogics, a company with a product in trial that may help prevent colony collapse disorder in bees.* In related news, Monsanto has successfully built bee DNA into insect-pollinated crops through genetic engineering. Though the technology is currently being trialed on a limited 3,000 acre planting of modified RoundUp Ready Soybeans called “SoyBee’ns”, scientists are pleased with the success.^

*Real News ^Satirical News

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I can not find any credible information to support your statement of the creation of GMO bees that will only pollinate big M crops. I'm not saying it isn't a possibility as I wouldn't put anything past the boys at Monstersatano but at this point it is pure conjecture and many people on this thread seem to be under the impression that this is fact. The fact is they are working on a gm bee but simply to make it resistant to the virus causing colony collapse disorder. I think it sucks that monsanto is heading up this study as it should be done by governments in joint all over the globe as it is a global problem and we don't need a mega corp running a monopoly on the only safe bees in the world but lets ge3t our facts straight before we freak out about the wrong thing.

Source

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
in any case monsanto will be part of the problem and not the solution.

indeed, the consensus so far in this discussion is Monsanto corporation has been doing more bad - upon the people and the environment - than good, until shown contrary. as for show, there are already many findings and documentation of proven Monsanto damage, not just in USA but internationally as exemplified here:

Feb 13, 2012 - A court in the French city of Lyon has ruled US pesticides maker Monsanto was responsible for the poisoning of a farmer who had used one of their products on his crops. Paul Francois says he suffered neurological problems including memory loss, headaches and stammering after inhaling Monsanto's Lasso weedkiller in 2004.

Originally posted by Phage
Round-Up is not a pesticide

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagleOriginally posted by LittleBlackEagle/i]
yes it is, as according to the rules i work by and the USDA. weeds are considered pests and roundup pesticide. it's all part of the USDA labeling requirements. all herbicides fall under the category of pesticide, as do fungicides, larvacides and so on.

Thank you and the others who pointed out that my use of the word "pesticide" was too narrow.
I disagree that the problem is Monsanto. I disagree that Monsanto is waging a war on our food supply. I think that any problem is inherent in the system of agriculture which has developed over many decades.
I think the premise of the OP is absurd.

^ LOL hallmarks Phage's achilles tendon thus caveat emptor @ ATS as what he thinks/opinion is often presented as fact, and even as arrogantly as correction... but in err.

now that, that's somethin' really absurd.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Thank you and the others who pointed out that my use of the word "pesticide" was too narrow.

I disagree that the problem is Monsanto. I disagree that Monsanto is waging a war on our food supply. I think that any problem is inherent in the system of agriculture which has developed over many decades.
I think the premise of the OP is absurd.

I have little science knowledge so I've always looked up to you for settling some ridiculous arguments in science. But I do have enough understanding of business and corporations from my time working in that environment and in finance to know that it is the nature of corporations to wage war on anything that cuts into their profit margin. It's not an intrinsic evil in the people but in the system. The core mantra truly is "greed is good" because all the pressures from the shareholders and all the incentives for the workers are tied into maximizing profits. Eventually all other values are going to get lost in this pursuit. Then you add politics and military into the mix and you do get a monster.

The system of agriculture did get screwed up on many ways for many reasons over the decades and not all of those ways and reasons are due to Monsanto and that ilk. But they certainly have had a strong influence. You get some good and some bad out of this symbiosis between agriculture and big business. This discussion is highlighting the bad.
edit on 27-3-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typo "on many ways" should be "in many ways".

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

"THEY NEED LIFE IMPRISONMENT FOR MASSIVE CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY"

Life imprisonment? Such a waste of resources. Just execute them!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nS1NR8r

This topic and conversation has already been started here: Bees Dying Off, Bee Truck Crashes and our Future... www.abovetopsecret.com... In which I provided the following link: Monsanto Announces New SoyBee'n Self-Pollinating Soy Bean! www.nwedible.com... The addition of these supposed Hybrid GEBEES that only pollinate GMO crops sure adds weight to my theory...

I just want to make sure that everyone is clear, the "soyBee'n" article is completely satirical. The only part that is tru is the fact tha Monsanto did purchase Beelogics. Please read the entire article, www.nwedible.com... , before posting inaccurate info

You are here: Home / Editorial / Monsanto Announces New SoyBee’n Self-Pollinating Soy Bean! Monsanto Announces New SoyBee’n Self-Pollinating Soy Bean! October 12, 2011 by Erica · 5 Comments [Pin It] Late month, noted seed and biotech company Monsanto announced the purchase of Beelogics, a company with a product in trial that may help prevent colony collapse disorder in bees.* In related news, Monsanto has successfully built bee DNA into insect-pollinated crops through genetic engineering. Though the technology is currently being trialed on a limited 3,000 acre planting of modified RoundUp Ready Soybeans called “SoyBee’ns”, scientists are pleased with the success.^

*Real News ^Satirical News

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.

en.wikipedia.org...

Where does the words 'Satirical News' imply that it is fictional? If you read the entire article, like you imply, you can see means of satire, when addressing vegan and vegetarian groups, as well as the joke about beans that came out fuzzy, and with yellow and black stripes.

The only part that is true, is that Monsanto purchased BeeLogics?

Monsanto expects fast-track government approval of Soy Bee’n seed. “We expect farmers to have SoyBee’n in the ground for spring planting,” said Media Relations Representative Laura Carthillman.

From Article:
www.nwedible.com...

According to Stuard Mansonite, Monsanto Chief Biotech Engineer and Product Developer for the SoyBee’n project, about 94% of the “genetically enhanced” soy plants set flower within a 2-hour window. Shortly after flowering, the blossoms detatch from the SoyBee’n plant and take flight. When they encounter another blossom, they exchange pollen.

You may be correct that the only statement in the article that is true, is that Monsanto purchased BeeLogics.

I can not seem to find anything in regards to Laura Cathillman, nor Stuard Mansonite... the seem to be fictional characters of sorts.

I wonder if Monsanto would have any weight behind a defamation lawsuit. Probably not, but eh...

I do apologize for posting the article, I suppose a little more research on my part would have prevented much confusion. It sucks that people post crap like that. I will try harder next time to try and separate hoax, lies and fiction from truth and non-fiction.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No problem. It was a good article and in truth I was believing it at first too until it got to the part about flowers detaching, flying around in a "pollination dance" and then reattaching to the mother plant. I am not a fan of monsanto in the least but I just want to make sure we aren't getting ahead of ourselves in the fear side of things. Keep up the good work in the research dept. Its much easier to come down on and debunk someones statement then it is to seek out and find little known tidbits of info...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I pity the children of today and regret that my generation has allowed this to happen to them! It's a shame the way most of the people I know deny that which is happening right in front of their eyes! They feel that they have worked hard and are not willing to speak out and put up to change things! I am ashamed of those fellow americans not willing to cry out for change and demand justice for the evil that has lodged itself into the banking, political, free press, social, consumer, environmental, industrial, ETC, ETC! Until we stand united selflessly sacrificing our comfort factor while judging the elitist aristocracy as harshly as they have judged us we will never have a shred of justice, freedom or equality! Once this massive ball gets rolling the evil which has embeded itself into our society under the guise of misrepresentation, will be crushed by the weight of the 99%!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I do not recommend reading about Monsanto. There is a high likelihood that doing so may induce suicide.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just a bit of additional FYI:

en.wikipedia.org...(herbicide)

One aspect of Roundup which is so troubling is that some of its ingredients make it more easily able to penetrate cells, specifically POEA surfactant:

edis.ifas.ufl.edu... (A study of what Roundup does to tadpoles)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
well, the gmo crops are forcefully creating superweeds and superbugs, so I wouldn't be surprised if this creates a chain reaction and everything ends up very badly...

a classic story about a doctor and a monster (Frankenstein) that eventually kills its' creator

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I don't know a great deal about honeybees, but I have to say that, since I moved out here to farm country in west Texas, the bees out here appear to be "retarded". I've never seen bees like these before. Because we're going through a drought, I used to fill up an old trough so they would have something to drink, because I wanted them around to pollinate my flowers and garden.

I would find literally dozens of dead bees each day in that trough. So I put a few big rocks in , thinking that maybe the slant of the trough was making it hard for them to reach the water. Still a bunch of drowned bees every day. I felt so bad that I let the trough go dry because the dead bee carcasses were clogging up the water and making it nasty.

They come into the house and run around in circles next to the window and then die there. They just don't seem normal like the bees I was used to seeing both in east Texas and in California. I had a pool in the DFW area for years, maybe I would find one dead bee in there once in a while. If one got in the house, it was bound and determine to find it's way out.

These bees out here act like they're stupid and can barely perform their function. At least they're not aggressive, but I do know that they use GMO cotton out in these fields and plenty of herbicides and pesticides, so perhaps there is damage to their DNA. Sad to see nature's workers act so pathetic and unable to take care of themselves.

Recently I was in the dfw area and saw this "stupid bee" scenario first hand. I have seen bees walking on supermarket parking lots, wobbling about as if stunned and getting crushed by cars. Ive also noticed that their flying is impaired and dont stay aloft for as long as I remembered them to. I have had to avoid crushing them on the sidewalk many times. This happened in a suburban area where lawns are watered and fresh.

Strange.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

a classic story about a doctor and a monster (Frankenstein) that eventually kills its' creator

The doctor was Frankenstein.
His monster had no name
The monster did not kill Frankenstein.
So Monsanto is safe.

edit on 3/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

S&F

at the risk of being docked points or a ban

THIS MEANS WAR!!!

it's time to hunt down and exterminate MONSTERS INC.,
its corporate officers and stockholders as a threat to the human race.

it's come down to us versus them.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am a beekeeper in North Carolina, and was in my hives today. I'm small time and only have 8 hives, and their of the Italian variety genetically. My hives have never looked so healthy, though this year I let them
(the bees) have all the honey crop to make it through the winter. Whereas, I usually would have harvested about 5-6 quarts a hive, as I never get greedy, after all it's a hobby for me. My bees are fairly docile and their growth rate is on track. Here there are watermellons ad corn as the primary crops, though wildflowers and domestics are abundant. It was up until about four years ago that an insectacide or herbacide made with nicotine was causing so much harm to the bees. That company has since exposure of CCD, stopped producing that product, and the bees seem to be rebounding. You gott'a remember the comercial bee growers have hundreds of hives, sometimes several hundred or more and pollenize fields of mega growers, where a tractor trailer comes in loaded with hives and it's all mass production. The bee companies charge for the bees, and also harvest honey. And they get pretty greedy when harvesting too, depleteing the winter food supply of the bees substituting it with either sugar water or fruitcose, and the bees are stressed to the limits...............all for a $$$$$, no love of the hobby, just dollar signs. These same bee rapers have tremendous losses when the slightest thing goe's wrong do to the weaken'd state of their bees.

For those of you trying to provide water for the bees in your neighborhood, they need a damp surface like sand with water poured only up to the top of the sand, in say a birdbath, or else you will harm them more than help them, they are suceptable to drowning rather easily, with the wet sand, they will suck it up, stay dry and you will have helped us, them and yourselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

A soon to be whistle blower says so.
Well that's good enough for me. I wonder how the bees know which crops are Monsanto's.

Strange though, I thought people were worried about non GMO crops being pollinated by GMO crops. I guess that's not a problem at all.
edit on 3/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

elementary, my dear phage
pheromones

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
Big deal, Mansanto can't control a species. The species of bees will go out of there control, just like the fire ants did and in the end the bees will probably be better. We will probably get an explosion of bees which will be beneficial in the end. Mansanto, as evil a company as it is, keeps failing in the end.

Well, I never used to think a NWO could control the human species either, but it appears they have and do to a large degree! It would be "poetic" justice if the bees and humans come back stronger than ever and thwart thier evil plans. One can only hope and plant a garden.......
edit on 27-3-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

So they control you huh? They don't control me. I now what youa re going to say, yes they do, you have to get everything from them? No I do not, I grow my own vegetables both hydroponically and in the summer, I do lots of things outside anyones control but my own. I look at it like this, if you want to be a fat lazy American, then you get what you deserve.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Actually, there is a very strong correlation between bees dying off and locations of wireless cell phone towers.

I guess if you can genetically modify crops you can genetically modify bees to only recognize those markers though as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

They'll have to flip the leaves over and check the copy right mark on the underside. If they see the GMO logo they land, if not they move on. Didn't you know bees can read ? At least these bioengineered bees can.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually, Frankenstein's monster says (in the novel) to Dr. Frankenstein that he is the "Adam of your labours". One could validly interpret this a moniker.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join