It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Killing Off all HONEYBEES to replace with Hybrid GEBEES that Pollinate only GMO Crops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yeah yeah just drink your flouridated water and let Monsanto GET AWAY with bloody murder upon our organs, traditional farmers, crops, insects, birds, fish, bats!

This is NOT outrageous...

Monsanto plans to kill off bee colonies in order to introduce a "new and improved" genetically engineered bee that will only pollinate Monsanto crops.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Perfect timing. The hunger games had GMO wasps.

Looks like we are right on target for dystopian reality.

read-only society will only read

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I always suspected Monsanto was behind the bees dying. Another piece of the NWO takeover puzzle.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A soon to be whistle blower says so.
Well that's good enough for me. I wonder how the bees know which crops are Monsanto's.

Strange though, I thought people were worried about non GMO crops being pollinated by GMO crops. I guess that's not a problem at all.
edit on 3/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yes I knew this. Dad was saying you could buy little pollination packages for your garden and that immediately clued me into the whole, AND IT HAS TO END. We have to DEAL WITH OUT OF CONTROL EVIL CLOWN GROUP!! THEY NEED LIFE IMPRISONMENT FOR MASSIVE CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY AND SO DO ALL THE CORPORATE HEADS, BANKERS AND ROYAL FAMILIES!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm pissed.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Honeybees are not native to north america, they were imported from England. So Monsanto is only taking it one step further.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I wonder how the bees know which crops are Monsanto's.
I thought people were worried about non GMO crops being pollinated by GMO crops.

Really?

www.organicconsumers.org...

"Wild Bees Reject Genetically Engineered Crop"

Abstract of a scientific paper published in June 2005. Though this is not recent news, it is very interesting in the context of the recent honeybee disappearances

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

An Israeli company "researching" pathogens and bee diseases? And all of a sudden there are recent bee die-offs? I would say it is not impossible for someone with enough knowledge to make something that targets an animal while at the same time producing a GE animal that is resistant to said pathogen. Didn't they do the same with Round Up and Round Up Ready Corn? I think it's at least worth keeping an eye on.
ETA Forgot source.
edit on 26/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

A soon to be whistle blower says so.
Well that's good enough for me. I wonder how the bees know which crops are Monsanto's.

Strange though, I thought people were worried about non GMO crops being pollinated by GMO crops. I guess that's not a problem at all.
edit on 3/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Bees are not the only ways crops get pollinated. The wind can pollinate crops too. Honey bees pollinate about 30% of the crops. Other insects the wind etc take care of the rest. Monsanto is waging war on our food supply there is no doubt about it whether this is true or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Monsanto is working on increasing its profits, like any business.
They've been doing it since long before GMOs were a gleam in anyone's eye.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
I would say it is not impossible for someone with enough knowledge to make something that targets an animal while at the same time producing a GE animal that is resistant to said pathogen. Didn't they do the same with Round Up and Round Up Ready Corn? I think it's at least worth keeping an eye on.

Yup the Round-Up Pesticide is normally so poisonous that it kills the plant (and poisons those who eat the plant) so they engineered the corn and other crops so that they are pesticide-resistant and look healthy and grow while passing the pesticide poisons unto the unsuspecting Walmart shoppers that don't even know they are eating GMO pesticide-laden Monsanto corn

Monsanto is also behind the poisoning of fish & birds... virtually all wildlife, and FDA approves of it all because the crops are engineered to be pesticide resistant - unlike the wildlife, ecosystem - and unlike us humans.

^ FDA are literally approving, endorsing POISON FOOD!

edit on 26-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Yup the Round-Up Pesticide is normally so poisonous that it kills the plant

Round-Up is not a pesticide.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Monsanto is working on increasing its profits, like any business.
They've been doing it since long before GMOs were a gleam in anyone's eye.

So what I don't care what their motive is it is at the expense of our food supply and our health. Mobsters work to increase their profits to and leave a trail of bodies in their wake just like Monsanto so whats your point?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The thread focuses on Honey Bees and their pollination of crops. Of course it is ALSO a problem that GMO crops are blowing over and mixing with organic crops, basically eradicating what nature originally provided.

Just as certain animals studied do not prefer to eat GM foods, bees also are programmed to be attracted to certain crops - and inadvertently pollinate them.

Animals don't like GM foods

It seems completely reasonable that with the already steady decline of natural honey bees, that Monsato would want to genetically modify bees to be inclined to pollinate GM crops. I think it is disgusting the amount of corruption in that entire industry, but if I was as corrupt as they are, this would be my first move to promote and increase company profits and the world's reliability on them.

The problem is, they won't be stopped, and with rising food prices (aren't they supposed to be lower since GM is the norm now??), most people don't have enough money to buy organic from the farmer's market. It is a vicious cycle, a monopoly, and crime against people.
edit on 26-3-2012 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I don't know a great deal about honeybees, but I have to say that, since I moved out here to farm country in west Texas, the bees out here appear to be "retarded". I've never seen bees like these before. Because we're going through a drought, I used to fill up an old trough so they would have something to drink, because I wanted them around to pollinate my flowers and garden.

I would find literally dozens of dead bees each day in that trough. So I put a few big rocks in , thinking that maybe the slant of the trough was making it hard for them to reach the water. Still a bunch of drowned bees every day. I felt so bad that I let the trough go dry because the dead bee carcasses were clogging up the water and making it nasty.

They come into the house and run around in circles next to the window and then die there. They just don't seem normal like the bees I was used to seeing both in east Texas and in California. I had a pool in the DFW area for years, maybe I would find one dead bee in there once in a while. If one got in the house, it was bound and determine to find it's way out.

These bees out here act like they're stupid and can barely perform their function. At least they're not aggressive, but I do know that they use GMO cotton out in these fields and plenty of herbicides and pesticides, so perhaps there is damage to their DNA. Sad to see nature's workers act so pathetic and unable to take care of themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
wasn't the colony collapse disorder linked to a virus ?

if you could link that virus to monsanto, I would like to have a few minutes alone with their CEO

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
lol its labeled, presented as a herbicide as any glyphosate product would..

but in Monsanto case, meant as a 'pesticide' *cough* intrinsic to its crop itself being immune to its own broad spectrum 'herbicide' (duh)

edit on 26-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
wasn't the colony collapse disorder linked to a virus ?

if you could link that virus to monsanto, I would like to have a few minutes alone with their CEO

Check out this link:
CCD and GMOs

There is much more information out there from other verifiable resources. The link provided includes studies published on pubmed.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A fair enough comment I suppose. It's a herbicide. Unfortunately it exhibits many toxic and DNA damaging effects on mammals and aquatic life so...maybe it's a little of both?

A 1998 study on mice concluded that Roundup is able to cause genetic damage. The authors concluded that the damage was "not related to the active ingredient, but to another component of the herbicide mixture".

A 2009 study on mice has found that a single intraperitoneal injection of Roundup in concentration of 25 mg/kg caused chromosomal aberrations and induction of micronuclei.

A 2009 in vitro experiment with glyphosate formulations on human liver cells has observed DNA damages at sub-agricultural doses, where a Roundup formulation showed to be the most active formulation. The effects were more dependent on the formulation than on the glyphosate concentration.

Just a small selection of its many harmful properties to "life". Source
ETA And more.

As you can see, I'm not a fan, nothing personal.
edit on 26/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join