It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmest March on record, continual hazy sky and wildlife behaving oddly in Scotland

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
A warm dry spring is normally followed by a drab wet summer in the uk.
enjoy it while it lasts!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
In the Midlands it's only hazy during the early morning before it warms up, which is quite normal. Other than that we have crystal clear blue sky's. The weather's unusual for March but not completely unheard of.

I'm not sure what to say about the animals where you are. I live right on the edge of a small valley and heritage site.
Every time I walk out into my back garden I feel like Snow White with all the wildlife, can't say it's ever been any different around here. Even in my old house I had a family of foxes in a hole under the hedge, they lived quite happily undisturbed and safe whilst I was there. Even the cat used to go foraging about with them at night. Mama fox treated him like one of her own.

Batty still does his nightly trips around the house after dusk, the squirrels stash the peanuts nipper gives them in the shed. All's normal.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
here in central Ireland and can report hazy sky too.

very hazy yesterday, i especially noticed as usually you can see the mountains even in the rain and you couldn't see them yesterday.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

i am also in scotland and have noticed birds singing in the middle of the night i have also noticed the nighe sky seems so much brighter it's very unsettling

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

My friends have also noticed the birds singing through the night, oh and hi to a fellow scotsman or woman. I hear those who say there is nothing odd or strange and as I predicted I disagree totally with that opinion. My early life was spent with my grandfather, a true part of nature. He lived, breathed and ate with the seasons. I learned enough from him to know that things have been changing for a couple of years now and the rate of change is accelerating.

I sometimes wonder how big the change will have to be before people start to notice. Or are the changes so small yet so many that for some they go unnoticed.

Respects
edit on 27-3-2012 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Again, I dont know where you are in Scotland or how rural, semi-rural, suburban or urban you are, but if you live in an area where theres plenty of street lighting, people with moronic lights on their houses or in their gardens then birds do get fooled into believing that its daytime all the time.

I only speak of this because of the flat where I grew up (my brother moved in when both my parents had passed on). The council or housing assoc put these really strong lights on the top of the maisonettes, these things blind you for a few secs after looking at them, and since then the birds have been chirping away all night (brother is a night owl). Im in an urban area, smack bang in the centre of Glasgow and when I head to bed around 1.30am sometimes later I hear our local blackie singing away. Again an area where there is a lot of unnatural light.

Theres also evidence that birds sing at night because of noise during the day and it makes sense. Birds are territorial and if I you and I were birds then how could we hear each others calls defining our "patch" so to speak. So the next best thing is to sing and call at night when its quieter and you can hear me shouting to get out and stay out of my patch.

I dont discount that birds will on occasion sing at weird times but the more light pollution and noise that we have the more likely we are to feck up their clocks and have them singing at all times of the day and night.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

i am situated out in the countryside in ayrshire near some woods we normally hear the odd owl now and again but a few times now i have noticed birds singing around 2 or 3 am

the world has definitely changed the past few years i seen a few threads with theories on a timeline shift however i digress i suppose i first i really noticed the world was different from what i remember was after the conflict in kosovo in the early 2000's things seem to me to have progressed from there.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The weather in the UK will return to its seasonal norm over the weekend and into next week , then we will all be praying for the hot sunshine again . There is nothing sinister happening with the weather , so just enjoy it while it lasts .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
All these replies and no pics?! Got Dr. Dolittle for OP and no pics of his/her wildlife parties. I'm not camera crazy myself but some of you might be? Entertain the audience I always say. Peace! Xenongod

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
as a amiture weather man
hoping to eventualy become a meteorologist
ive studied alot of odd weather
look at the jet stream this year it way out of wack
the gulf temputures are way too high
the ocean is "boiling"
its just gonna get worst if this continues
record breaking weather day by day
our climax is near!
be aware of your risk and be ready make shure u have a plan to be safe
its not the end of the world our planet goes through cycles this is a tough one due to the increased human made climate change

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Been scorching hot here in Cornwall then I read the news:

Snow warning follows warm spell

I have no clue what's going on here

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
"When I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things, strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means the demon who makes trophies of men. "

Am in Scotland too - it's hot...

Predator visits the Gorbals!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I just read in skynews that next week will bring low temps, rain and possible snow on high ground..... very strange weather we are having indeed after 2 weeks of warm sunshine!!

It is only Spring i know but its still very unusual to come out of winter, go into what seems like an early summer and then go back to winter!!

Sky report:

news.sky.com...
edit on 29-3-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Thank You! I couldn't find the right word but yes here in Belgium we have nice summer weather, however there is the grey hazy thing around us, yet I am the only one who noticing it. When i look up its blue'iss ( no cloud in sight ) but when I look upon the horizon it gets this grey blue'ish gradient.

It all feels so unnatural these days.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Its suposed to be mid Autumn/Fall here in Australia and my pear and pumb trees are flowering as if it were first day of spring, which is odd as they flowered in spring but gave only half their normal fruit. No leaf colour changes anywhere yet and similar to the OP, notable local wildlife changes here too..esp mourning doves and local pipers and plovers and the local possums.

Three weeks ago 37C and air con on, the very next weekend snow an hour away from me and 13C with heater on, now we are having a weird 'indian summer'..hazy skies and oh...we missed summer altogether this year..never got above 29C...which for us - is spring.

More..people are changing. Ordinarily calm people turning mean..mean turning calm..people dropping like flies on the mental health side of things...so strange.

ro

edit on 29-3-2012 by Rosha because: typoflu

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
accidental double post

edit on 29-3-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
I have had a baby crow sit on my hand and allow me to take it indoors for the night,he can't fly properly just now and I took him in to keep him away from the cats,This has been going on or 4 days now,every night at dusk I find the crow in the same spot as if he's waiting to be taken inside and fed! I put him out side again every morning so that his parents can see that he is ok,they too are landing close to me to eat the food that I put out.

I brought up a crow which fell down the chimney as a baby. I know you are being kind but be aware the parents and other birds most likely won't want anything to do with this bird now that it has a human scent on it. I took mine to a bird sanctuary when it was fully grown. They wean the birds off human contact and only release them if they think they can make it alone.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well, well, well...

Look at that...

So, it's not only in some parts of the USA and Canada that people are experiencing the warmest March on record...

Across the Atlantic, in Scotland, the same thing is happening...

Well, well, well... But I think that "Mayan 2012 crowd" is just a "bunch of lunatics"...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Thanks to those who are contributing to the thread. The weather man has stated that the temperatures would drop drastically leading up to this weekend, and they were dropping, yesterday was cold with an icy wind. This morning summer is back with a hazy blue sky and very warm temperature at 8.00am. Now we know the weather is hard to predict and they come out with these explanations like " The warm weather last week was a desert wind from Africa. So what happened withe their forecast of so cold it could snow today and tomorrow??. Did the African wind pick up again or is the gulf stream so screwed up that we wont know what we are getting from one day to another any more.

Hottest March on record in Scotland, followed by weather man getting it so wrong by about 15 degrees for this weekend.. not that Im bothered as Ive some heavy duty gardening to do.
edit on 31-3-2012 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Same here in Chicago. The weather seems to be about two months ahead of schedule, plants blooming early, birds singing, in what was formerly the coldest months of winter. Around the same time, I heard the "strange sound" from the sky...

Don't know what else to say. The Earth is not right.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join