It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theoretical Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
We have all been Waiting for 2012 for many years, No matter what disaster befalled us or what other conspirary kept us occupied this one Date was always at the back of our mind and Buzzing away in the sub-conscious mind of Ats members and intellectuals alike.

I Believe it is because of the UNCERTAINTY of what will happen on the supposed date, 21st december 2012 that we have somehow through combined thought managed to block human evolution.

Simply Put, We're all Waiting to see what happens BEFORE WE GET OFF OUR COLLECTIVE ARSES and do something.

Now i wouldnt have believed the above phrase until i learned that nearly 90% of the people i know actually are waiting for the date to pass before they do certain things.

People have given up in a way, or atleast are just persponing thier lives.

2012 WILL BE THE END OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT, but not in the way you might think.

NO Pole Shift, NO Mass Extinction, Just People moving Forward.

Looking forward to some comments.

edit on 26-3-2012 by Speakerofthetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We, as a people, like to fill in the blanks (the future) to establish certainty that we have fulfilled some destiny. This give us confidence that we have control over the unknown, the future. Prophecies, then supernatural efforts to make them happen so we can claim the viability of prophecies.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is going to be just like every other"The end is here" tale that came before it. Nothing will happen and nobody will notice.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
This is going to be just like every other"The end is here" tale that came before it. Nothing will happen and nobody will notice.
Your statement sounds so final. So absolute. Why do you suppose you are so sure?

You say nothing will happen, nobody will notice. Might you be wrong here? Might something already be happening and only those who will not take part will have no inkling of what is coming to pass.

For one thing, all the end of the world scenarios of the past took place on isolated stages. This tribe, that tribe. This religion or that one. This 2012 thing is a global experience, attracting people of all nationalities and religious backgrounds. It is taking place in a world of advanced communications and technology. Not to mention all of the volitial political and international fluxuations.

Saying nothing will happen and nobody will notice is shutting down to some very exciting potentialities. But I suppose porridge and biscuits will just have to do for some. So sad.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Funny thing is the mayan calender era's of change were marked by one thing that defined it.

Our calender has yet to decide its role, For example one era was Sever Famine.

The poster above you is ignorant, and sadly thier are many like him and thankfully those who dont prepare for worst case scenarios usually end up dead so lets leave it thier.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speakerofthetruth
We have all been Waiting for 2012 for many years, No matter what disaster befalled us or what other conspirary kept us occupied this one Date was always at the back of our mind and Buzzing away in the sub-conscious mind of Ats members and intellectuals alike.

Looking forward to some comments.

edit on 26-3-2012 by Speakerofthetruth because: (no reason given)

Seems a very acute observation from somebody who has been a member for less than 6 months.

I agree, no pole shift, mass extinction etc. alas, there will be a new doom date or excuse for the fact that it didn't come to fruition.

End of world phenomena is certainly not new among human kind and will never cease I believe.

Only the ignorant who can't conjure independent thought or look at facts for themselves are panicking...it hasn't affected anything I do or want to do whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

exactly i see way too much of people just following the hype, A sane person has to look logically at the situation and determine for themselves the truth.

new topics

top topics

join