It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A skeptical view

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dejarmaX

'what I saw stopped for a while & made a sharp turn at speed' ---- yeah course it did

This comment kinda ticked me off. If you don't believe the witnesses, that's one thing, and occasionally people will make things up. However, the credible witnesses such as pilots, police, military officers, scientists, engineers, air traffic controllers and astronomers would only extremely rarely make up such a story.

Your comment seems stupid to me because YOU started with the conclusion that what they saw was a satellite. Then, when they describe the objects maneuvers, you dismiss it simply because it does not fit YOUR previously conceived explanation?

That has all the characteristics of a debunker:

You start with an explanation in mind, and ignore all data that doesn't agree with your explanation.

It's possible that the witnesses describing the turn are lying, but you can't determine that just because an aspect of the sighting they describe doesn't fit your preconceived explanation. That's not real investigation.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

I was referring to the general public my friend! You know: 'Joe Blogs in his back garden, or whatever' of which the vast majority of reports are from!

anyways, Sherlock-- what is 'real investigation'? Is there such a thing? un-tick yourself & calm down

peace.

dej...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

anyways, Sherlock-- what is 'real investigation'?

Well Watson, in this case it is the objective and careful study of something based on reasoning and consideration of all the available evidence.

You were not practicing 'real investigation' because you dismissed a witnesses testimony only because it didn't fit your explanation. That is not objective, that is acting like you know exactly what happened before you even study the evidence.

Imagine if everyone just chose what facts were accurate and what ones weren't based on what their explanation was. We'd still think the earth was the center of the universe and completely flat!
edit on 1-4-2012 by thesearchfortruth because:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
If so, nothing here will convince you otherwise, and you can join the "aliens don't exist if they don't personally shake my hand!" club on ATS. We get these threads monthly.

Do you? how wonderful.....up to around 13 years ago; I felt just as you do about the data put forward regarding the ufo enigma: open minded/ considering everything I'm told etc etc.

13 years ago someone decided to reverse into me while I was unloading my truck, breaking both legs!! I couldn't work or do anything much! So, because I was bored sick my wife bought me a computer, bless her. I got on the internet for the first time & decided to look deep into my greatest love-- 'the ufo enigma'--- I was ready to shut all the skeptics & debunkers up for ever! Unfortunately it worked the other way (& I mean 'unfortunately with deep sadness) because I started to realize what a bucket of festering toenails the whole subject really is!!
For the past 60-70 years NO ONE has actually put forward any REAL proof/ NO ONE---Doesn't this fact deter you, just a little bit? How many highly intelligent individuals have been studying this phenomenon? Thousands! & they have produced what? Nothing IMHO! All we have are a few privileged individuals that are in a position to produce any ol' crap data they want, knowing there will be people who'll fall for it, because of who they are; laughing all the way to the bank!!!! People like Friedman/ Vallee/ Good/ Pope (the list goes on) have been fueling this bull-sh!te for years-- & to be honest, I'm sick of them! It's pathetic.... Just saying it as I see it, flea.. all due respect.

Peace.

dej...
edit on 1-4-2012 by dejarmaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

& to be honest, I'm sick of them!

To be honest I'm getting sick of your viewpoint.

Just because there is not absolute proof doesn't mean no aliens are visiting. There's tons of evidence. None of it is completely conclusive in the way of linking UFOs to aliens, but there is a mountain of evidence, and more evidence suggesting that the government knows that UFOs are piloted by non-human entities and has been covering it up.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

So I take it you wont be replying to any of my posts in future ..Oh Joy...cya

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

ignoring your sarcasm, I will reply to any post I feel compelled to reply to, whether you post or not...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

ignoring your sarcasm, I will reply to any post I feel compelled to reply to, whether you post or not...

Don't ignore the sarcasm because IMO you deserve it!! Is ATS a 'believers only' forum? Well is it!?! I didn't see this mentioned in the rules & regs... I'm sick of many attitudes I come across in forums like this over the years,, but I do not shout my mouth off at them in public! How disrespectful is that!? If you allow me to put forward my personal opinions (opinions I've accumulated over a 40+ year time span) & you reply in an adult fashion --- because you're adult enough to respect (though not necessarily agree) with other peoples opinions, then I'm more than willing to converse with you my friend... Either that or you can sod off!! Your choice mate

Peace.

dej...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Don't ignore the sarcasm because IMO you deserve it!!

Well we all know how objective your opinion is.

Is ATS a 'believers only' forum?

No. '

Well is it!?!

No.

I didn't see this mentioned in the rules & regs...

What do you mean? You think my sharing my opinion is against the rules here?

I'm sick of many attitudes I come across in forums like this over the years

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." — Gandhi

You have an attitude yourself, we all do. We all must change to help each other. What you seem to be saying is everyone has to change in order to help you.

How disrespectful is that!?

Sharing one's opinion is not disrespectful. I assure you I meant no disrespect.

If you allow me to put forward my personal opinions (opinions I've accumulated over a 40+ year time span) & reply in an adult fashion --- because you're adult enough to respect (though not necessarily agree) with other peoples opinions, then I'm more than willing to converse with you my friend... Either that or you can sod off!! Your choice mate

Can you show me where I responded in a childish manner?

If I did I apologize and promise to do my best to change my inappropriate ways.

edit on 1-4-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: edit

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

why? what viewpoint are you referring to?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX

The viewpoint that just because there is no absolute proof that UFOs are alien craft must mean that the whole subject is 'a pile of toenails' or whatever you called it.

I am puzzled by this post though, could you respond to my last post, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The viewpoint that just because there is no absolute proof that UFOs are alien craft must mean that the whole subject is 'a pile of toenails' or whatever you called it.

I am puzzled by this post though, could you respond to my last post, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...?
Hey search... On a serious note here:

I say it's highly unlikely-- bordering on impossible we're the only sentient life forms in this vast universe of ours. I'm not against the 'possibility' that these life forms have in the past visited this planet/ or indeed are here now. I'm against the data put forward that is trying to tell me this is for real! What kind of 'skeptic' does that make me? I don't know-- i give up! I'm lost for words regarding this subject.. I take the time to look around net in desperation; trying to find something that for me holds some kinda validity! I can't find anything--- maybe someone like you will find something I've missed. That's why I'm here.. Why are you here?

Peace.

dej...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'm not against the 'possibility' that these life forms have in the past visited this planet/ or indeed are here now.

Cool! I guess I was just confused by this...

Unfortunately it worked the other way (& I mean 'unfortunately with deep sadness) because I started to realize what a bucket of festering toenails the whole subject really is!!

anyways...

I can't find anything--- maybe someone like you will find something I've missed.

Here is my favorite UFO site—it contains info about a lot of cool cases.
UFO Evidence

I don't know if you've heard of that site before.

thanks for being open to info and the possibility
thats all I ask for

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I will tell you why I don't think there are any metal craft coming into the solar system from other places because the distance is so great.

So then you might say well they must have a hyper-drive. Or they must be using lithium crystals. Or they must be coming through a wormhole.
Yes but none of those things exist, and we have studied physics extensively, and for instance as I was listening to today, have sent neutrinos across Japan a mile under ground from one station to another and received the signal in the detector.
You know 100 miles through solid rock and all of that.

So on top of that, some of us know a whole lot more than that about physics and we know, that wormholes are an interesting hypothetical impossibility. For one thing there is no inertia in a wormhole so your rocket thrusters would not propel you forward. It would be like the rotating bucket experiment past the edge of the physical universe. No absolute space-time, no absolute space, then you have no inertia and the idea of a wormhole is to make a hole in space-time. There is nothing that can keep one open, and if you went in it you would instantly decompress since there would be no ambient temperature and pressure which exists in the physical universe.

Absolute zero temperature, and no inertia, and nothing to keep your atoms from flying apart.
The universe exists in a balanced state of expansion and contraction and if you remove one of those factors you get all of the other and in a big hurry.
So wormhole travel is impossible.

So then you are down to beaming things across the vastness of space, which again is possible if you consider God could do that.

But if you consider aliens in disks, then they better be patient long lived aliens in disks who don't eat much.

And if you want to think that they just cloak themselves, and that they do travel from solar system to solar system taking thousands of years to get from A to B, then the universe must be crawling with motherships given the number of reports coming in every year.

You need a spaceship the size of the moon, operated by computers, to do long haul space travel, and then you engineer bodies on arrival. And you have to be immortal to make it worth while.
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Yes but none of those things exist

Oh?

how can you be sure?

Basing your entire argument on 'it's impossible!' isn't a good idea.

Mainstream science thought it was 'impossible' for man to fly in a heavier than air vehicle.

Skeptic Quote — "Radio has no future. Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible. X-rays will prove to be a hoax."

William Thomson, Lord Kelvin English scientist, 1899
edit on 1-4-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Describing them as 'cool' cases gives me the impression they are some kind of entertainment for you!? Is this your reason for being involved in the ufo enigma? A form of entertainment?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Describing them as 'cool' cases gives me the impression they are some kind of entertainment for you!? Is this your reason for being involved in the ufo enigma? A form of entertainment?

I find your manner of questioning almost suspecting?

You can't reduce the words I'm using to a stereotype mate...

For me the subject of UFOs is interesting and very important, not entertaining.

Please don't be hostile, we can have different opinions and still be polite right?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
To add to this thread--there are several methods that are being bandied about now (in theoretical discussion, of course) that would allow for Faster-Than-Light travel without mauling Einstein's theory of relativity. However, to be fair and give the other side of that argument--an experiment conducted recently by CERN could possibly poke a hole in Einstein's theory--possibly granting that conventional particles -can- travel faster than light.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

When you say 70 years of research into aliens and UFO's, don't you mean 70 years of deliberate misinformation? So much crap info has been thrown at us that if a UFO landed in the middle of your city, and a very weird looking alien stepped out, it would no longer be unreasonable for you to think the UFO is advanced human technology finally revealed, and the alien is a human with its DNA manipulated.

Funny thing is, if the secrecy surrounding UFO's is a direct result of the way people panicked over the radio broadcast of War of the Worlds, then it's been all for nothing. People panicked because they believed the broadcast to be true and that earth was being attacked as they listened. So tell me, if you turned on the radio and heard that North Korean soldiers were currently in the U.S. and shooting people, wouldn't you grab a gun or seek protection? Of course you would. So, if something like that actually DID happen, should the goverment deny it? Of course not.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I find your manner of questioning almost suspecting?

You can't reduce the words I'm using to a stereotype mate...

For me the subject of UFOs is interesting and very important, not entertaining.

Please don't be hostile, we can have different opinions and still be polite right? you started being hostile, mate! Remember:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join