It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, Martin Deserved it ? She Deserved to be Murdered Too Right ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It seems to many of you, that based on Martin size and "suspiciousness" claim he deserved what happen to him. I wont give my opinions of that, but I'll act as if that is "valid". What about this women ? try to find some other reason she deserved to die and post it here, I'm intrigued to see if there is something i missed.

In short, Rekia Boyd was driving with a friend when an offduty police officer fired into the vehicle. Fatally shooting her in the face and wounding the passenger, in an attempt to shoot him in the face as well.

Full story here : abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8591349

I personally think this is less about race, and more of a case of "authority" getting out of hand. This police officer, and zimmerman, should be held accountable for their acctions, espeically due to the fact that they were in no type of uniform what so ever. Does there need to be accountability ? was this wrong ?

Many people are saying Trevon Martin was a hoodlum, drug dealer, and looked rough. What about this 22 yr old women that was only driving her car ? What do you think about this case ? This is to create a forum for the incidents that have taken place of late, please give your opinion.
edit on 26-3-2012 by WordPlayJAy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This appears to be a race-baiting thread with an inflammatory slant and I want no part of it.

link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

apples & oranges, unless getting your nose broken, head beat into the ground was justification to shoot someone in a car.....

29INFDIV

link   
Or what about the "thugly" black male to the left in my avatar?

The racists main argument was well he looks like a "hoodlum"

Stupid humans

edit on 26-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Silly humans

Not that he looked like a thug.
It is that he Acted like a thug.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

And you know this how?

All of you need to take a big trip to the city and hang out with some inner-city black people. It would probably change your definition what acting like a thug means.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

due to the fact that you posted a response in less than 4 minutes, and the video is over 3 minutes long ... I'm pretty sure you didnt go through the material or actually think about what i wrote. Which is why you had such a comment. Thanks for the troll

There have been countless reasons and threads as to why Martin's death is justified, I'd like to see if some of the some people think this one is as well.

link   

What about this 22 yr old women that was only driving her car ? What do you think about this case ?

The two are not related and I think this is an attempt at race baiting or cop bashing and find it creepy when anyone uses a young mans death to fuel their agenda.

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Stupid humans

hmmm, the racists might have said something like that.
Those that listened to the evidence so far known recognize martin got shot while on top of zimmerman while hitting zimmerman in the face.
This case is about a rogue cop. I have to assume the cop is hispanic also?
Dang those hispanics and black people just don't get along...damn racists!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
We can go link for link sharing horrible tragedies if you'd like.
This world is filled with them.
But what would be the point?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

What about this 22 yr old women that was only driving her car ? What do you think about this case ?

The two are not related and I think this is an attempt at race baiting or cop bashing and find it creepy when anyone uses a young mans death to fuel their agenda.

race baiting ?? how the hell is what i said race baiting ? I'm asking about figures of authority using violence when not necessary, so bashing cops after they have bashed people unjustly, yes.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
No offense, but it's obvious from the replies here that NO one has reviewed the OP's material or researched for themselves.

Also, any allegation that Zimmerman was on his back and Martin was on top of him when the shots were fired are hearsay. This is being taken from the shooter's version of events.

Since when do we just believe 1 party and condemn the rest? Did ATS change it's motto to Embrace Ignorance?

It's flat out too early to call the Zimmerman case. We have no idea what really happened and despite 'leaks' I assure you there is much more to be known. Before you people start slinging insults why don't you wait for some facts?

And yeah, if you want no part in something don't announce it, because you are now taking part. If you want no part in something simply ignore it and move along.

Thanks for posting OP, wasn't aware of this other incident. It wasn't a ROGUE cop - read the g'damn article please for the love of all things holy.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OP, you post a bad example.

This was an off duty detective that saw a disturbance in the street, he rolled his window down and asked them to stop. A man approached his vehicle brandishing a pistol - the detective fired and hit the man's hand, but the bullet also hit a bystander in the head and killer her.

The man with the gun is facing charges, the young woman is dead, the cop wasn't rogue or even a bad cop, he was defending himself and hit a bystander.

Fathers: Don't let your daughters go out with men twice their age who carry unregistered and illegal weapons.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

*cough*
Certainly no one is doing that.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

race baiting ?? how the hell is what i said race baiting ?

It's not and I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion. I misinterpreted your motivation and I apologize. It's a horrible story, not one I think is relevant but I see how you drew parallels. Heartbreaking to see that young man who lost his sister.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

you seem to be reading a different case then I. The case i referenced only tells of a police officer shooting into a car claiming that the "suspect" seemed to be brandishing a weapon. The guy didn't have a weapon, as he can be seen not in jail speaking to reporters. The two cases are similar because they tell of authority figures, administering punishments before properly analyzing the situation.

Notice how there was a "disturbance" but the situation was not explained. a hunch is not enough reason for a cop on duty or off, to shoot at vehicles.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Oh right my agenda. Encouraging people to not jump on the I hate Zimmerman and he only shot him/thought he was suspicious because he was black nonsense bandwagon.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I see similarities in these two cases. two people died, two killers have not been arrested. I think the Martin case was racially motivated. This one? Well, there is nothing to suggest that.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Are more black people 'killed' by cops than white people?

Do more black people 'die' whilst in custody than white people?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
These are completely different,

Just after 1 a.m. Wednesday morning, the police union says, an off-duty detective rolled down his car window and asked a group of people gathered near Douglas Park to quiet down. In response, police say, a 39-year-old man pointed a gun at the officer, who drew his own weapon and fired. The bullets hit the alleged gunman in the hand and Rekia Boyd in the head as she stood nearby.

But that does not stop idiots from trying to combine the two

Boyd's large family from south suburban Dolton sees similarities between what happened to her and the case of the unarmed Florida teen shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer.

"First you got Trayvon, now you got Rekia," Sutton said. "Senseless, senseless violence. It didn't have to happen."

Im not sure who she means by "you" one guy was a detective and the other was some guy from Florida...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join