It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unfortunate T-Shirt Hits Florida Streets In Wake Of Trayvon Martin Killing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If you want to live a long life it is actually pretty simple. Don't kill anyone in Texas (they will kill you) and don't assault anyone in Florida (they will kill you).

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
My question is why a Hispanic guy is being referred to as a "cracker"? That makes no sense at all..... If you're going to make a racially motivated Tshirt, at least get your slang terms correct for the intended audience. That just makes the person who made it look like an even bigger fool than may have originally been thought.

Actually,if you want to get down to it...White people and Hispanic people are both Caucasian... So...If you look at it that way... I guess it sort of makes sense....

But still, "Cracker" tends to refer specifically to white people.Not all Caucasians.

So it is rather odd...

And while I agree what he did was horrible...Making shirts with racial slurs is not helping anything...If anything, it just angers people even more...And I think that is the last thing people need right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm surprised they were able to get lil wayne to wear it...

Big surprise the ones crying racist are the most racist.
edit on 3/26/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You guys know that it's an election year... Right?

(second line was all that needed to be said.)

link   

Originally posted by Domo1
LANGUAGE WARNING AT LINK

Expanding the definition of “cracker,” a t-shirt featuring the photo of the man who shot Trayvon Martin is now available for purchase. As seen at right (click to enlarge), the shirt has a picture of George Zimmerman and the words “P***y Ass Cracker.” Zimmerman, a 28-year-old Hispanic, killed Martin, 17, last month while acting as a neighborhood watch captain in Sanford, Florida.

Lets all combat perceived racism with racism! What an insult to all the 'crackers' who are supporting the family and Trayvon. Why did this go racial? To sell newspapers and get ad clicks. This is what I was worried about. This ensures Zimmerman will never be able to go to trial. This whole situation is disgusting. I'm holding off on condemning anyone before all the facts are out, but I certainly condemn those that would use a young mans death to fuel their racist agendas, on either side of the fence.

Link

I completely agree with those who say this Trayvon killing was turned into a political issue by media manipulation and those with a "gun control & race card" agenda. The Obama camp is having a field day with this.

The media manipulation is so transparent and crude -- it's obvious the MSM has no respect for the intelligence of its audience.

The MSM used photos of Trayvon when he was twelve -- portraying him as an innocent "child." When the reality is that Trayvon was physically fully-grown and looked like a 6 ft. man.

The 28 year old Zimmerman was portrayed as an older "White" by the MSM -- even though he looks non-White.

Yes, I know the term "Caucasian" is commonly thought to be "White" -- although "Caucasian" is a very broad term that encompasses many colors and facial types.

Most White Americans understand "White" to mean "North European Caucasian."

Zimmerman, the offspring of a Peruvian mother (probably with Peruvian Amerindian DNA) and a White American (probably a North European Ashkenazian Jew) does NOT look "White." The MSM should have described him as "Hispanic White", but that would not have gotten the attention they wanted.

Zimmerman looks like one of these people you run into in Hawaii -- "Polynesian Potpourri." That's what I thought of when I first saw his photo -- a South Sea Islander mixed with White.

In any case, the Left, the Obama camp, and their MSM have decided to use this tragedy for their own purposes.

Anyone who questions their version of the incident will be smeared as a "racist" -- that's their normal operating mode when dealing with anyone who opposes them.

The term "cracker" was not originally negative -- in the Southeast it was a nickname for someone herding cattle with a whip, "cracker" referred to the sound of a whip being cracked. Unfortunately, the term was later expanded to include "slave drivers" who wielded a whip, hence the ugly connotations : White foreman cracking a whip over Black slaves.

edit on 26-3-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2012 by AuranVector because: reformat

link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Explain to me please how "hispanics" as you classify them (mexicans, south americans and central) are caucasion. Caucasion derives from Caucus which comes from the caucus moutain region in Europe. Caucasions are from Europe. "Hispanics" for one, shouldn't even be a name to classify them, and for two, just because they can mark a certain box on the census form doesn't make it right and exact. So explain if you can, how caucasion and mexicans, central and south americans and etc. are the same.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Before, people start flaming members of different races consider a few things. How do you know if it wasn't based on MSM reporting Zimmerman to be white right off the bat? How do you know whose putting this T Shirt out. Hell, it could be any race or even the government and that lovely Critical Race Theory. I believe the government is stupid enough not to know what a cracker is.

Well, I know it pertains to song lyrics, but kids of all races know those lyrics.

Just trying not to fuel any race wars here.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What BS!

If that said the same thing but with the N word there would be an up roar and the NAACP and Jesse Jackson would be all up in arms over it.

It's ok to say cracker which IS a racial slur but not any other term?

This is going to cause problems here in Florida. I have lived here the majority of my life and this will not go over well. It will more than likely cause more problems than solve anything.

What they are doing is flat out wrong. Yes the man should be arrested and put to trial but this is NOT the way to go about doing it.

I will just stay mum on the subject because this whole story really irks me for so many reasons.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

You're a race-baiting fool if you think that I don't know what it's like to be the victim of prejudice. You know nothing about me, and yet you make statements like that. You're not winning any friends, or any arguments, with your racist rants. You deal in stereotypes and imagine they are facts, but only when they pertain to whites. How sad you are.

I have dark olive skin and frizzy hair. Do you know how many times, as a child, I was picked on, called the "N' word, and some kids were not allowed to play with me? The white people in my neighborhood thought I was either black, part black, or Mexican. Either way, I was picked on, beat up, and treated like crap. You have no fricking idea what you're talking about, and really, I wish that YOU would get out of here, because you are so typical of the black race in America: Whiny, mean-spirited, and have a sense that they are owed something without wanting to work for it.

I continued on with my life and ignored the haters. It's what you have to do if you have pride in yourself and don't want to wallow in hate.

Yeah, I went there. Deal with it.
edit on 26-3-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ok look at it this way.......... this Zimmerman guy is either White or Latino. I have been around Latino's all my life, and he has the 'look' or characteristics of a Latino. I think we can all see that part, but the name is Not Latino...Zimmerman.. To a black, a very light Latino could look as a white. To create animosity, a white would be better suited, the black verses white thing. A Latino would hold less weight in the hate arena, that is a whole other game plan. Zimmerman may well be completely Anglo, but his appearance betrays that assumption. Simply my opinion, I'd say he is Anglo Latino mix. But this has become an issue to stoke racial hatred for those with a hate agenda. The biggest problem here....... the media 'spin'. This is a perfect application of tension to implement Martial law...... ya think?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
You guys know that it's an election year... Right?

(second line was all that needed to be said.)

kind of like what happened in toulouse france with that supposed Al-Qaeda member...
I heard someone mention that sarkozy is up for re-election too in relation to that event.

interesting.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You guys are all arguing with a poster named BlackManIsGod, and you expect him to think about things with an open and equality driven mind?

LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Explain to me please how "hispanics" as you classify them (mexicans, south americans and central) are caucasion. Caucasion derives from Caucus which comes from the caucus moutain region in Europe. Caucasions are from Europe. "Hispanics" for one, shouldn't even be a name to classify them, and for two, just because they can mark a certain box on the census form doesn't make it right and exact. So explain if you can, how caucasion and mexicans, central and south americans and etc. are the same.

The term "Hispanic" is derived from the word "Hispania" -- an old word for Spain. Hispanic means anything related to Spain, Portugal, and Latin America.

(Although using it to describe Brazil & Portugal can be misleading -- Brazilians and Portuguese do not speak Spanish, they speak Portuguese.)

Spaniards & Portuguese are classified as Caucasians. There is Visigoth blood there (as well as Iberian and Moorish) so some Spaniards & Portuguese are Blond and blue-eyed.

Most of the upper classes of Latin America are comprised of various Europeans or people of European descent --people with "pure" Spanish blood, etc. To put it more succinctly, their ruling classes tend to be more "White" than not.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
This whole thing is turning stupid now. Seriously people lost their way of reasoning, and letting emotions overcome. How is making T-Shirts with 'cracker' on it going to help bring justice?

Oh it gets even stupider.....Seems his mother is over her grief and seeing dollar signs...
Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademark for CDs, DVDs.....

Sybrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In both instances, Fulton, 46, is seeking the trademarks for use on “Digital materials, namely, CDs and DVDs featuring Trayvon Martin,” and other products.

This is beyond ridiculous now....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

You're right. Mister. He chooses a ridiculous handle and then insults people who want peace and harmony. He loves racial strife and race warring. This thread is one of those in which he baits people and then puts them down. Martin Luther King Jr. is spinning in his grave over guys like the OP.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Let's all be clear on what racism is and put aside opinions and deal with facts. Let's look at two words. Racism and prejudice. They are similar yes, but are completely different as well. Prejudice is basically to pre judge. To pre judge means to judge someone prior to any facts being accumulated which means when dealing with prejudice you are usually dealing with what is face value about the individual. The first thing you see is color when you look at someone regardless of what anyone says. So it is safe to say that prejudice is to pre judge someone based off of their ethnicity. Everyone to a certain extent are prejudice.

NOW, racism. This word racism means prejudice with power. It's one thing to have prejudice views. It's another to have the power to inflict those prejudice views amongst a masses of people to have them think the same. Perfect example. There was a study done where white men and women were asked to closed their eyes and think of a gangbanging drug dealer. The majority thought of a black man before anything. You've been taught to think this way by how the media influences those thoughts. Another example. Most in this country will say that the continent of Africa is a poor "3rd world" continent. This view has been greatly influence by the media. Most who believe this have no knowledge whatsoever of the continent. Another example. Blacks are all on welfare and recieving goverment assistance. Most whites believe this, yet statistics show that white women benefit from public assistance more than anyone. Yet all of these examples and many more have been influenced by the media and the society we live in. The media and our society are controlled by those who are prejudice and not just prejudice, but have the power to inflict there prejudice views amongst a masses of people and influence their thoughts

There is no people of color who has the power to inflict the masses of people with prejudice views. In order for that to occur we would have to control the media and the society we live in and we don't. Are black people prejudice, and when I say black I mean ALL PEOPLE OF COLOR(BLACK, BROWN, RED AND YELLOW) of course. Are we racist. Of course not because we don't have the power to inflict the masses with prejudice views. This is a fact. Prejudice and Racism are two different things. When you don't understand them then you use the word racist so loosely and say everyone or anyone is a racist. This just isn't a fact it's an opinion.
edit on 26-3-2012 by TheBlackManIsGod7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Trayvon getting shot is a terrible tragedy. The guy who did it is a psychopath and should be prosecuted. It is a very bad law that needs to be repealed immediately. That being said. I DO have one problem with the whole thing. It is the fact that some segments of the black youth culture embraces fashion that to some people implies criminality. I am talking about the whole "thug" style. Lots of kids dressing like gang bangers, trying to look and act tough. Its ok, its a free country if you want to do this. But then after doing this, they are dumbstruck as to why they are being "profiled". The problem is, you may indeed be a nice kid, I am sure the vast majority of kids are. But if you dress as a thug, its possible people are going to profile you as one. If a white kid tattoos his face and puts piercings every which where people are going to think he is a lowlife, even if he is a poet or a doctor. You can thank the mass media for it for the most part.Society has created visual archetypes that people immediately lock on to and prejudge. Unfortunately we live in a country where people do judge a book by its cover. People need to think about how they project themselves is what I am trying to say. I am not in any way implying that Trayvon did this, I am just implying its an image problem that needs to be fixed
edit on 26-3-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Unfortunately we live in a country where people do judge a book by its cover. People need to think about how they project themselves is what I am trying to say.

And unfortunately we live in a country where some people want to already assume that Zimmerman is guilty without facing a fair trial...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This just isn't a fact it's an opinion
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

Um....whatever. It reads entirely like an opinion to me, and a damned poor excuse to continue with your race-baiting. You insult people on your thread and then try to get "academic" in order to get away with it.

Well, junior, it's been "fun" hanging with you, but my patience is all used up for your nonsense. May you one day see the past the hate that is blinding you.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
imagine the outrage if someone made a shirt wich read "one less 'n-word'".naacp,fbi,black panthers would be all over that sh!t...i smells me a race war comin.worse thing is that it is all manipulated to create a greater divide.read the rockerfeller papers.fema camps are not for terrorists and the black folks are (unknowingly)following script perfectly.sad,very sad

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join