It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unfortunate T-Shirt Hits Florida Streets In Wake Of Trayvon Martin Killing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

when you place your skin color above your nation, and play the race game it is not foolish.
i have italin and irish ancestors, but i don't call myself italin amercain or irish amercain.
i'm a U.S. citizen , born in the U.S.A. and no where else. the majortiy of The "Quote african - Amercains"
have never been to the content of africa, that right i said content, africa is not a country it's a content.
did you know there are white africans, yes they come from south africa and other countries that had white people in them.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Your basically saying people in America should be Americans and not recognize their culture. Such a foolish statement. Why would anybody disregard their culture based on how long they've been in a paticular land mass. That's foolish. If I was born in Japan would I be Japanese? No! I'd be a black man in Japan just as I'm a black man in America not an African American lol. I don't even know what that is. Being in America doesn't make you an American. Malcolm X said it best. Sitting at the dinner table doesn't make you a diner.
edit on 26-3-2012 by TheBlackManIsGod7 because: (no reason given)

You really believe people are all that different based on borders and skin color pigmentation? 2 differences among thousands of similarities that we all share but we fight and war over the two minor differences. Would you care as much if 7 headed spider people came to Earth to eat peoples brains? Would other ethnicity's look so different to you then?
edit on 26-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Your basically saying people in America should be Americans and not recognize their cultural. Such a foolish statement. Why would anybody disregard their culture based on how long they've been in a paticular land mass. That's foolish. If I was born in Japan would I be Japanese? No! I'd be a black man in Japan just as I'm a black man in America not an African American lol. I don't even know what that is. Being in America doesn't make you an American. Malcolm X said it best. Sitting at the dinner table doesn't make you a diner.

Were you born in America? If so then guess what your American just the same as me and many others. Sure you can honor you ancestors customs and keep the traditions alive no doubt. When I was growing up we had a guy across the street who took care of an elderly lady(she was white) he was straight off the boat from Nigeria, he came here with nothing, to attend school. As the years went by we all became friends and many a days my father would drive him to college a few miles away and pick him up at night( he had no transportation). My father practically took him in as one of his own kids. This man barely spoke a word of English. Fast-forward years down the road and this man is now a highly skilled heart doctor here in the USA and is still considered part of the family. So don't sit there and whine about you being held back and treated poorly because your skin color is different, in this day and age it's a weak argument and your posts only goes to show you make the bed you lie in. You are making your own "racial" problems as another poster has said your ego is getting in the way. This friend I am referring to really opened up my eyes and has out achieved any goal I could have ever dreamed of in my own life, yep a whiteboys life which is so easy compared to you, well according to you. Ignorance is bliss I guess. We make our own destiny that is one thing I have learned in this life.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Lol are you serious. I've been to South Africa twice. I'm very aware of it and they are natrual to that part of the world. They are white Europeans who happen to live in Africa. You don't see them throughout the continent. They only come from that particular region. Have you ever spoke to a european from S. Africa. They don't even have the same accents as those who are originally from the land. They colonized S. Africa and raped it of all it's resources as they continue to do today and remained there. Those that are there today, trace their lineage. You'll see that their ancestors who were there prior to them were involved in the slave trade and that was their only reason for being there. So that is a very weak excuse. Now for you. Your Irish and Italian. Your WHITE. PERIOD. The only difference in the two are the cultural differences. You being a citizen means just that. Your a citizen of this country. You aren't the Original inhabitants of this land mass so how can you call yourself American. It makes no sense. But your white so I'm sure you don't understand my point.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
if all Hispanics are now crackers by this logic, then all blacks are drug dealers.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Lol your previous statement is so flawed this is the only response I have for it............. LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Lol are you serious. I've been to South Africa twice. I'm very aware of it and they are natrual to that part of the world. They are white Europeans who happen to live in Africa. You don't see them throughout the continent. They only come from that particular region. Have you ever spoke to a european from S. Africa. They don't even have the same accents as those who are originally from the land. They colonized S. Africa and raped it of all it's resources as they continue to do today and remained there. Those that are there today, trace their lineage. You'll see that their ancestors who were there prior to them were involved in the slave trade and that was their only reason for being there. So that is a very weak excuse. Now for you. Your Irish and Italian. Your WHITE. PERIOD. The only difference in the two are the cultural differences. You being a citizen means just that. Your a citizen of this country. You aren't the Original inhabitants of this land mass so how can you call yourself American. It makes no sense. But your white so I'm sure you don't understand my point.

yeah, South Africa, where the whites "raped" the land, the same South Africa that was built into a relatively modern country, given the examples in the rest of Africa and to which blacks from the rest of Africa flooded to take part in the white man's bounty

edit on 26-3-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
PERUVIANS are now 'crackers'?

Did their stock value just go up?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

Just as the bible says There were two nations given birth too. If you've read the bible then you know what I'm talking about. Black(all people of color) and white. I unify with all people of color. My black, brown, red and yellow brothers. Whites are on another playing field.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by ChristianJihad

I don't think you can be reprimanded when it's being used in a quoting context. Somebody said the N word on another thread that was being closely monitored. It got shut down, but not for that.

Well when one gets banned ther's not much scope for discussing when and where the N word is contextually accptable unlike Cracker which is a free for all.

And - Has anyone else noticed that we are insanely treating the N''''''' word like were not actually freaking thinking of it , like the relgious do when their thinking of G-D typing G-D talking about G-D yet pretending the bloody "O" has dissapeared and no one will ever know it existed ?

I feel my time on this planet as a member of an insane species surely needs to come to an end for the sake of my own sanity.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Your going to get the same reply the last guy got.......... LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
PERUVIANS are now 'crackers'?

Did their stock value just go up?

oh my god

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Lol your previous statement is so flawed this is the only response I have for it............. LOL

Oh please expand on it, I'd love to hear the crap you know you want to spew. How can a real life situation be flawed? Is it because this man didn't cry about being a different color and actually saw through the b/s arguments over race and made something of himself, something it seems by your posts yourself would never be able to accomplish? Please tell. Or is it that you are so ignorant and full of it you can't see past it? Or perhaps your just here to troll and there is no way to get through to you.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If he can have a shirt that has that on and people defend his right to wear it why can't I have a shirt with the other guys face on that says 'Dead Ass N****r'.

Why is one allowed and one isn't?
edit on 26-3-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
if all Hispanics are now crackers by this logic, then all blacks are drug dealers.

Do all drug dealers have a toy dartboard embedded in their heads ?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Lol you all carry on this is getting boring. When I want to build with intelligent white men I build with freemasons, shriners or the ashkenazi jews. Atleast they already know everything I'm building on and then we can actually build and elevate eachother. You white people lack so much knowledge I can't talk to you all about anything other than what's in the mainstream news media, which I hardly follow. I've never spoke to so many people who contradict what I'm saying without any concrete facts to show and prove whatever it is they are saying. The fact that our mindstates are so different shows the very vass division between races in this country. You all only show and prove my point. That racism exist and is alive and well. Regardless of the shirt being made or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You all only show and prove my point. That racism exist and is alive and well.

Your post proved it as well as the garbage that's been posted in this thread and every other thread on the topic of the Martin murder.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by ChristianJihad

because Cracker is not deemed to be anywhere near as offensive as the n word or any other slur and, besides, we can't have everyone's favorite admin's name blocked by the filters.

I may find it equally as offencive bit, like calling a Gypsy a Pikey or a Gypo you literally would get yourself killed but as far as I'm aware only one may land you in a courtroom.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Oh please expand on it, I'd love to hear the crap you know you want to spew. How can a real life situation be flawed? Is it because this man didn't cry about being a different color and actually saw through the b/s arguments over race and made something of himself, something it seems by your posts yourself would never be able to accomplish? Please tell. Or is it that you are so ignorant and full of it you can't see past it? Or perhaps your just here to troll and there is no way to get through to you.

Some people enjoy being the victim.

Nothing you can really do about it, especially if their only response to a well thought out response and real life example, is LOL.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah, racism doesn't work for me...and I don't see something like this whole incident boding well. You know, you can never know what could spark deep seeded hatred and the last thing we need, as a society - at this moment in time and with the economic circumstances as they are, is to fan racist hatred. All the pent up frustration and blind ignorance in society, white, black, hispanic, whoever and however...it just does not tend to lead to good things.

This could very well have been a case of bigotry on behalf of Zimmerman against the young man, but that does not mean that A WHOLE CLASS OF PEOPLE need to be labeled as such, it's racism just the same.

**Reverse racism is a non-word and I wish people wouldn't use it. Considering racism against so-called "White" people something other than unadulterated RACISM does a disservice. Ironically enough, it's like saying White people need their own form of racism. Racism is racism is racism. In the end, it's ignorance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join