It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking about joining the Freemasons...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Oh the mystery of it...

I'm a bit worried that I might not get accepted because I still need to pay off my student loans and my credit sucks...

Other than that, if Richard Pryor can get in, I'm sure I can... Unless money talks...

So yeah, I think I'll give it a shot.

Why not? Sure lots of people think there's something evil going on... Maybe there is, but I'm not evil... So if i can get in, well then there's hope right?

What would keep me out?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would try the stone cutters first

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Afraidnomore

There is an entire thread devoted to this. MOD please re-direct. To be one ask one.

29INFDIV

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What are your goals going to be within the organization? Why do you want to join? Were you asked to join by a member? What degree was that Mason? How do you know them? Are you searching for the answers to life, or greed?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afraidnomore
Oh the mystery of it...

I'm a bit worried that I might not get accepted because I still need to pay off my student loans and my credit sucks...

Other than that, if Richard Pryor can get in, I'm sure I can... Unless money talks...

So yeah, I think I'll give it a shot.

Why not? Sure lots of people think there's something evil going on... Maybe there is, but I'm not evil... So if i can get in, well then there's hope right?

What would keep me out?

Go for it. I've been a member for a year now. Well worth it. You must believe in a supreme being (doesn't matter who or what it is, you don't need to tell anyone), You must be of good character and there are the lodge fees due every month (or once a year depending on how your chosen lodge does things) also a monthly donation to charity (through the lodge) is requested but not required if you can't afford it. I'm assuming your being sponsored for membership? (not monetarily speaking but being recommended to the other members of the lodge by your sponsor). Yes there are some secrets but nothing sinister (as far as I can tell). You'll make a lot of friends and have a good social life.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As far as the money talks part, you have to pay your dues but I've known some poor masons....Not that, that person ever told me they were in that group but there is a chapter around here and being a small town I can recognize almost every vehicle in the parking lot. Most of the ones I've known are nice people out to help those around them generally so I don't think anything to sketchy goes on there. I don't think the group as a whole is bad but it does happen to draw in some villains.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That wouldn't disqualify you from joining, but chances are they'd recommend that you get your life in order first. Masonry is supposed to take a back seat to your family, your job, and your community. If you're at a point in your life where you're struggling to make ends meet, you really shouldn't let something new distract you or pull at your time...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Agree , most of the time people want to take the surplus of being a mason to skip his dues.

On other hand l see u urge and my advice is cool down, and wait for a better opportunity , like after you have done all you dues . . .

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldfiremx
What are your goals going to be within the organization? Why do you want to join? Were you asked to join by a member? What degree was that Mason? How do you know them? Are you searching for the answers to life, or greed?

Search for answers.

Nobody asked me to join, though I thought that as what was supposed to happen, but I found out just by checking the local ones website that I can ask to be involved... Then they'll send an investigative team to my place... If hey like what they see then I guess I'm in...

Would like to learn more about the tree of life and the chakras and whatnot.. All the symbology...

I saw a video on them the other day and it made me go huh... I'd like to be associated With the good the used, and if it does have evil or whatever intentions then perhaps I can work to make it better.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Afraidnomore

Best of luck on your Masonic journey! It will change your life, bro.

There shouldn't be any issues with some outstanding loans, just give a full and truthful explanation. I personally have thousands out in student loans... But I'm still in school so I don't think the Order even cared.

What city are you in? Please feel free to send me a u2u with any questions or concerns. I'm more than happy to help.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Would like to learn more about the tree of life and the chakras...

Masonry will not teach you about those things.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I agree partially, if your time is sapped. However I was struggling a bit, still when i joined. It did not make my struggles easier, and I must have mised that part about Masons getting each other easy money jobs etc. However, having brothers to see once a week and just chat sure did boost my morale, and helped me get through that period.....So I'd just say if it's taking time from your schedule you really need to get things in order ...wait, if not it might boost you, and you may get some good advice. The only time they worry is if you have deep financial troubles...are running from creditors, and and have defaulted on loan etc....they don't want someone coming for handouts obviously....but short of that the majority of masons I have known through the years were all blue collar guys just getting through as best they could. if it's an issue they'll let you know and it wouldn't stop you from joining eventually, they might just recommend you hold off if it's a severe....what they will be looking for most is any criminal record (though if it's just a traffic ticket or far enough in the past they will likely let it slide depending on again severity, masons know we were all young and stupid once), and how sincere you are...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Well I dunno about that, the Tree of Life actually does get touched on by some masonic studies as it's a very CENTRAL theme running throughout the Bible of Which Christ is apart. However no, it's not in the degrees per say.....though symbolically I might also say it is.....but Chakras.....no can't say there's much of anything from Indian theology in here. The Tree Of Life is a universal symbol, and masons study symbols....and more then a few may understand what is reffered to from the esoteric Judeo-Christian perspective. But most masons no longer care about such things.......I know of some prominant early masons who would have been well versed.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForkandSpoon
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Well I dunno about that, the Tree of Life actually does get touched on by some masonic studies as it's a very CENTRAL theme running throughout the Bible of Which Christ is apart. However no, it's not in the degrees per say.....though symbolically I might also say it is.....but Chakras.....no can't say there's much of anything from Indian theology in here. The Tree Of Life is a universal symbol, and masons study symbols....and more then a few may understand what is reffered to from the esoteric Judeo-Christian perspective. But most masons no longer care about such things.......I know of some prominant early masons who would have been well versed.

That is interesting to know...
Any comments on the "Rod of Asclepeus"???
I see it not only as a symbol, but as a Judeo-Christian Mythological Revelation.
The rod = A Branch Of The Tree Of Everlasting/Eternal Life... With the Serpent trying to devour it and take it away. How so??? Through Temptation. That is the serpent's name.

The tree of life is, according to my ancestral tradition, a family tree. It means we are one, we stick together and survive. There is implied by that idea my nationality and all my people involved in it together. A.K.A. Army!

Still.. tho... any thoughts on the rod od asclepeus???

new topics

top topics

join