It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't we all just get along?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
In the words of the now famous Rodney King, our current race situation here in the USA is reaching critical mass.

For two races, black and white, to behave so badly as they are now, it is just a matter of time that we are going to experience a real, live, race war that not even the President will be able to stop.

Or, is the President hoping for this to happen? I mean, he will then have the excuse to execute Martial Law. And then, he gets his excuse for doing so by pointing the finger to the masses, instead of himself -- "They made me do it...." so to speak.

Is this what the government is plotting? Is this the grand conspiracy that has been in the making for the last 60 years since the civil rights movement?

What better way to usher in martial law by the administration constantly sticking their di*ks in the beehive?

For a president of the united states to first state, "the police acted stupidly" in 2009 when a black man was arrested by white police, and now, for him to take sides in a shooting case as in the Zimmerman/Trayvon case in Florida, is just unheard of.

Look, I don't give a crap what color your skin is. And I could care less that Obama is black. Heck, if Herman Cain were still in the running, he would have my vote. For me, race has nothing to do with anything. Its how you handle yourself. Period.

But this Zimmerman incident is a problem. It comes on the eve of an election, the spring of what will go down as the most violent in USA history, and a summer that will see OWS and protests and everything else that will be considered to be an uprising.

What better time for a sitting President to allow his puppet strings to be pulled and to shut down the constitution, once and for all.

For all of my ATS brothers and sisters...please be tolerant of those of different skin color, no matter what. Now is not the time for hate. Love one another. Be kind, no matter what. Be understanding of how others feel. Do your best to not contribute to the wave of unrest that is before us.

I wish I could talk to every black man or woman who thinks white people hate them. I have walked up to complete strangers, black men and women, and just held out my hand and shook it telling them to just "have a good day..." I go out of my way to talk to those who will talk to me and tell them that I do not think any differently of them, because I am white and they are black. Some listen, some dont. But I try.

We are being put into a race war, people. One that NONE of us wants. Do your best to not give TPTB power over you. Look without judging. Watch without prejudice. Seek the truth.....it is out there.

Love one another!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

The media and Washington are the hold outs in our melting pot here in the US. They further the divide for political reasons only and the resolutions to the problem will always be new tax payer funded education programs and weapons bans.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I really dislike having to speak about race baiting, race wars...etc.. I have a lot of good friends of other skin color. For the argument they are baiting this because they are 13-15% of the electorate (Blacks.) I have no guilt over Slavery, my family did not come here til the 1900's (US.) I don't hate German's because they killed thousands of my family members....... There is a long tide for this to come about, to be honest it needs to. It needs to be in the forefront to knock any question out of anyone's mind. It draws back to Slavery, 'they' feel entitled to something. This may sound racist but it isn't. Would they rather be running away from lions? (When I say that, double innuendo, real life lion or dictator that will hack a limb off.) I'm sorry that real life Africans from Africa that immigrate try to distance themselves from "African Americans." For me I am just called American cause I am White. What about my people? They were slaughtered, because they were either Jew or not Jew. I'm Catholic, go figure. I demand nothing but the right to live. And I would fight to the death to keep that right for everyone. That is what is wrong with the world today.

29INFDIV

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

I completely understand what you are saying. What is it in us as humans, that makes us hate? Because we are different, and the have nots want what the haves, have.

I think it primarily comes down to that which we have, versus that which others do not have.

So lets say we set the game even. Everyone has what ever they want. Would that solve the problem? No. Because then it becomes a problem of "More" -- I want MORE of what I already have, so that I have MORE of what my neighbor doesn't have.

It is a never ending dilema.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Simply put, I agree, it comes down to the those that have, and those that have not. If you are content with with where you are and not willing to better yourself, then so be it. If you are not content, then better yourself, don't expect from others. I'd gladly cut my house in half, but they would have half a house..... Even better because I live in a two story 12x80. While mine is worth 315K, five blocks North theirs is worth 89K. I wonder why...........

29INFDIV

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
For so long as there are "no go" areas we will never get along.

Some major highways happen to run thru "bad " neighborhoods. Gangs of "youths" stand on the corners taunting drivers to get out of their vehicles. My son who drives truck just wanted to stop for a cup of coffee, but seeing the attitude of said "youths" stayed in his truck and brought his gun to the seat beside him.

It isn't white people who need to be brought under control or to become more tolerant.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I unfortunately agree with you. I just read something the other day about the "Black Man Code" which apparently is the "code" passed down from father to son. Here it is here:

LINK

Before yesterday, I had never heard of it...never. So where is the "white male code?" I think mine was simply, "grow up to be a good man."

The days of slavery are so far behind us, yet Jackson and Sharpton continue to fan the flames. It is what keeps them in power.

Its sad that the black community is so numb and blind to the fact that they are being used by people like this in power.

Sad..sad...sad.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Well said.

So now we have two fronts to fight. We have the rich verus poor (OWS) and race.

I can predict that this isn't going to end well for ANYONE.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

S&F for an excellent post. Unreal that it doesn't have more of those!

I agree; the entire situation is totally out of control. Well, out of the control of most people. I would say you are right in guessing that someone might want things this way. Seems clear since a few years back.

It's a sad truth that there are some who do NOT want peace, do NOT want people to get along. They prefer division, and strife, because then they can control people more easily. They don't even care which group is which, or about the different groups or individuals at all. Their goal is power, by any and all means. Power and hate and pain and strife.

I would say to everyone, of every color, race, nationality - be careful who you follow. If a leader is using hate, division, etc to draw you in, run the other way. I don't mean every case of people pointing out a wrong. Wrongs are committed, and pointing them out HONESTLY isn't a bad thing. Using circumstances to push an agenda, though, and lying about the facts, are quite another matter. People need to stop and THINK. Don't allow some other person, or group, to tell you who to hate. Don't allow anyone to tell you that violence based on race is different. Simple fact is, the whole race thing is a game. We are all one race, HUMAN. Right? All supposition of aliens aside for now. HUMAN. We have differences. So what? people aren't superior or inferior for those, just different. It would be a dull world if we were all the same. heck, I have a lot of less than common traits, but I am not asking for minority status! One of those traits makes people that share it the brunt of a LOT of jokes. and none of them are complimentary. But you don't see me running around attacking people for that. Nor does ANY trait I have offer any social advantage. I never got special scholarships for being blonde. I didn't get promoted for that. Didn't get held in a position I could not do, while others did the work, because f that. I could go on, but I think the point is made.

The simple sad truth is that there are powers that want this hate and division, and they are growing stronger. Unless people wake up and realize what's happening, they will be nothing but fodder.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Because the bankers and mainstream media are dividing us.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
one quote comes to mind....."united they stand, divided they fall".

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Everyone wants certain things. Sometimes when people dont get those certain things, they find and blame something or someone else who had nothing to do with their own failures.

Problem is also, is governments inability to stay out of racial issues.
There is no race in America. At least thats the way its supposed to be. We are all supposed to be equally free(orNot)men/women. Why through race into it and screw up a good thing?

I dont feel sorry for anything bad anyone did that I couldnt control.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Because the media is constantly pummping BS into people's brains....and they buy it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Oh calm down people. There is not going to be a race war. This is just your perception because of the constant media attention on a single issue. Normal people are not like that. They don't fixate on one thing and go nuts. Most people are busy trying to work and feed their kids.

Yes, people are attending marches and going to rallies, but that doesn't equate to a coming race war. People will be on some new kick next month and this Zimmerman-Martin issue won't be as hot.

And you don't need to convince the majority of blacks that white people don't hate them. They know that. I get sick of people stereotyping blacks like that. The majority of blacks are law-abiding, decent people and they know most whites don't hate them.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You should take a walk into your nearest "housing projects", "ghetto" or "hood" and ask the question of your thread title...

Such an experiment will help assist you to find an immediate answer to your question...

Included with this, you will also receive an immediate vacation with an all expenses UN-paid, to your local hospital with benefits including breakfast in bed as well as all other meals in bed for a very long time.

You will then have LOTS of time to ponder the question while on your "vacation" in the hospital room. This is assuming that you eventually awaken from your coma...

There is also a lot of misdirected anger among We The People fueled by the SNAKES and DEVILS who are laughing at it all and helping with the divide between We The People who shouldnt be fighting each other.
edit on 27-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

The neighbourhood my friend...... the neighbourhood. If its not a safe area to park your car after work and to find it broken into 5 to 6 times a year, who would like to live there. " Haves" and " have nots" are not just exclusive to the US. It all boils down to the individual. No one is born rich with the exception of a few, so if you like to have the things they have, work for it. Envy, greed and stealing/robbing is not the way to get the things you want. I live in SE Asia and the same applies here. Apartments in bad areas usually are not highly priced but they still find it hard to sell or lease out. Occupants normally form a committee and collect from each unit a nominal sum every month for maintenance and where possible hire a guard for security. Some people are just born bad and have no pride. They are everywhere around this world. But we don't get mugged so often like in the US.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Lol, can we not all get along, why?
The question is why?

The mainstream media needs to divide and conquer at all times, thus the race wars. has not anyone seen what goes down yet/ the best bills go through congress when a hollywood star dies, and legislation is passed in the house when there is animosity with the U.S. citizens.

Come on now, what is the masons moto: Order out of Chaos, keep them Goyem upset and discontent with each other, if not the plan does not work

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
[mo
You cannot do anything to stop some people from playing the "race" card. If these things happen on a regular basis...yes...you have every right to be vocal. But if its just a random case just let it be and don't make mountains out of mole hills. No wonder the US government ship you guys out to war since you people do not appreciate the peace and tranquility you enjoy. If you have the money, travel the world and see how other people live and you will be thankful for what you guys have. If you don't believe what I say...ask yourself this question: "Why do so many people want to come and live, work and die in America?" Many have paid with their lives just trying to come to America.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Oh calm down people. There is not going to be a race war. This is just your perception because of the constant media attention on a single issue. Normal people are not like that. They don't fixate on one thing and go nuts. Most people are busy trying to work and feed their kids.

Yes, people are attending marches and going to rallies, but that doesn't equate to a coming race war. People will be on some new kick next month and this Zimmerman-Martin issue won't be as hot.

And you don't need to convince the majority of blacks that white people don't hate them. They know that. I get sick of people stereotyping blacks like that. The majority of blacks are law-abiding, decent people and they know most whites don't hate them.

You are correct in that most (from both colors) understand that all the other color don't hate them. Most people get this. The problem occurs when that small group that doesn't get it (of either color) starts making trouble. A fairly small group can cause trouble for a LOT of people. Look how bad things can get in a riot? ANY riot, even those that we have seen after sporting events. Not that many people, based on city size, participating, but they do a lot of damage, and can cause a lot of injuries. Look at the state fair not too long back, where mobs were attacking people on the grounds, as they exited, in cars, etc. Maybe a couple of hundred out of thousands leaving, but a LOT of people were injured, some seriously. If this sort of smaller scale stuff was happening more often, and in enough places, all of the rest of us would get pretty tired of it pretty fast, and you can get some would start retaliating, or even acting in a preemptory fashion. If there was some individual or group fanning the flames, so to speak, things could get out of control. Then a lot of innocent people, from all races, would be caught in the crossfire. Treated as "the enemy" even if they thought the entire thing was wrong. I think that's what most people worry about, regarding this issue.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Lets use a newtonian law here: Objects in motion stay in motion unless otherwise acted upon by an outside force.

Will you agree with me that tensions are in fact high?

Would you agree that race tentions currently are higher then they have been since the 60's?

Have you EVER heard of a group calling for the head of another man, for a bounty? And, not ONE single politician, on either side, standing up and saying STOP!

Have you ever seen a the President of this country say and do the things he has done to stoke the fires of race and rage?

My god man...open your eyes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join