It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Son is Dead, So You Attempt to Trademark His Name?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Very optimistic. I hope God you are right. Nevertheless, it makes for terrible PR.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yoko Ono trademarked John Lennon's name. This is no different than that.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There's more to this case than the MSM are telling us. Police have recordings of the initial 911 call showing that what the media are reporting is not what happened, and there are witnesses that say that the kid shot was actually initially attacking.

I think once this comes through the court of public opinion, this will be seen to be yet another case of media blowing the case out of all proportion to what actually happened.

As far as trademarking a name, this will be very difficult. My feeling is that she is being told how best to make money out of this by advisers, and sees a quick way to make a few million off her dead son.

link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by Starchild23
Wouldn't you trademark your child's name if you were attempting to honor their memory by creating a fund or a production line in their name?

Maybe the proceeds will go toward helping people like him, or their families.

That's around 75% of the African-American population.

Trayvon was not a minority in how he behaved

Sources please.

I was trying to make a point that Trayvon was no different to kids we know. People are trying to spin it and justify his death on the basis of him supposedly having a bad character, something which is irrelevant anyway but since we're on the subject - Whether your African-America, Chinese, English, Peruvian or a walking talking hamster, your a product of your environment. Its an unfortunate fact that youth, of all races like to listen to culture rap, culture rap which is about hoe's, cars, clothes and earning millions - Not a real persons life - Our youth are listening to music which in reality is so far out of touch from the common person it is stopping all real aspiration to be something, this as well as been born into a poor family, living in a poverty striken place - All hope and real aspiration of working and earning a hard days living is stripped away by the materialism and self greed we see in our media, which is shaping our children. Anybody, of any colour can fall victim of these circumstances, to conclude the death of Trayvon on the basis of his background is void, and I'm sure you would agree if this was your own son.

link   
Money is the best way to immortalize someone's memory in the eyes of a nation.

After all, almost everything has a price...especially fame.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What I see here is Mom is trying to stop the unauthorized publications (books) of what people think happened and not what really did happen.

I side with the mother on this until further information is available......
How many times have we seen people (famous and not famous) trashed in the media by wanna be reporters and book writers?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Didn't Yoko Ono trademark John Lennon's name after he was murdered?

What's the point of this thread?

I'm sure Trayvon is smiling in Heaven knowing his mother will receive financial support in the aftermath of such tragic circumstances.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Yoko Ono trademarked John Lennon's name. This is no different than that.

You must not have kids. There's a huge difference. Not to mention the fact that she already got millions of dollars in proceeds from his estate.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Well her first mistake was trademarking "Justice for Trayvon" She should have gone with "Justice fo Trayvon"

That was uncalled for. Seriously, man. No matter what kind of life he led, or the outcome of the investigation, he was still a 17 year old kid. This was a tragedy all around, and making light of it like that is sick.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Too bad Trayvon Martin's Mother's name is Sybrina Fulton, not Sabrina Fulton.
I'm shocked and disappointed that this thread was written and from such a crappy source.

ETA and she lives in Miami, not Orlando.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
any future rallys and marches were people display ' justice for trayvon' T shirts is gonna be a big earner for Ms Fulton - I could understand her blocking the use of the name,phrase or image by anyone else trying to market her sons death - but trademarking his name means she stands to make plenty for herself considering the hyperbole building around the case.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm perplexed, what makes you guys think she's going to use the money other then to memorialize her son?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I see this as the only way tp protect her sons name from being used ......

I can see her doing just to protect her son from being a republican or democrat talking point ad ...

What other choice doese she have?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
I see this as the only way tp protect her sons name from being used ......

I can see her doing just to protect her son from being a republican or democrat talking point ad ...

What other choice doese she have?

Well said sir/madam in the money hungry State of the USA anyone that can turn a buck will and will do so without any scruples whatsoever.

Just look at all the Elvis crap and the Micheal Jackson crap and so on and so on........
It is a never ending outhouse of information claimed to be true.

I can smell it from here can't you?
I stand behind the Mother here all the way.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 26-3-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
OK here goes, its been a month now of morning. You americans seem to live by the GUN and die by the GUN. Here we have George Zimmerman claiming to have killed Trayvon Martin in self defence! and its claimed that by Trayvon Martin's parents that it was unlawful killing ?. OK heres my 10p worth. On here 'ATS' there are other threads and ones that include Police recordings of the phone calls involved.
Now, taking all in to account if Zimmerman was intentionally out to kill a young man, then calling the police first before killing is calculating. Now what if Zimmerman was actually following Martin because really he did feel that he had to protect his neighbourhood, hell man Ive done the same here where I live in the UK minus a GUN for protection and been attacked by the so called innocent one.
From the other treads it shows a Trayvon Martin as a innocent young teen and some pictures even show him as a toddler but not Zimmerman, the pictures that have been put up as Zimmerman are showing him as a adult ( and a prisoner looking one at that) hows that fair. We need to see what both parties look like as of the day of the shooting not as they were . also the weight mentioned (200lb) I guess is a heavy weight. ? not on the basis of the photo of Martin. it looks like he isnt heavy enough to fight another teenager.

So the out come of this all. I guess martin was killed by mis-adverture by a over-excited Neighbourhood Watch Guy who just happened to come across a mis-guided teenager who happened to have a Drugs bag in his possession, Which I guess is normal in the USA as per ATS forums again.

So lets see some real stuff on here and not racially, Media agism aggrivated speal. Too much sensatiallism. For which the other community can cream off.. sorry for the harsh mis-spelled rant. hey ho

edit on 26/3/12 by psyclops777 because: name spelled wrong ?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyclops777
OK here goes, its been a month now of morning. You americans seem to live by the GUN and die by the GUN. Here we have George Zimmerman claiming to have killed Travyon Martin in self defence! and its claimed that by Travyon Martin's parents that it was unlawful killing ?. OK heres my 10p worth. On here 'ATS' there are other threads and ones that include Police recordings of the phone calls involved.
Now, taking all in to account if Zimmerman was intentionally out to kill a young man, then calling the police first before killing is calculating. Now what if Zimmerman was actually following Martin because really he did feel that he had to protect his neighbourhood, hell man Ive done the same here where I live in the UK minus a GUN for protection and been attacked by the so called innocent one.
From the other treads it shows a Travyon Martin as a innocent young teen and some pictures even show him as a toddler but not Zimmerman, the pictures that have been put up as Zimmerman are showing him as a adult ( and a prisoner looking one at that) hows that fair. We need to see what both parties look like as of the day of the shooting not as they were . also the weight mentioned (200lb) I guess is a heavy weight. ? not on the basis of the photo of Martin. it looks like he isnt heavy enough to fight another teenager.

So the out come of this all. I guess martin was killed by mis-adverture by a over-excited Neighbourhood Watch Guy who just happened to come across a mis-guided teenager who happened to have a Drugs bag in his possession, Which I guess is normal in the USA as per ATS forums again.

So lets see some real stuff on here and not racially, Media agism aggrivated speal. Too much sensatiallism. For which the other community can cream off.. sorry for the harsh mis-spelled rant. hey ho

This is what I am trying to say here, look at the story and forget the photographs, read the evidence without a pictorial if it is possible now.

Everybody is screaming about the photographs and they want more and more of them but nobody wants to go through the text.

Fluoride anyone?
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 26-3-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This kid probably did not deserve to die over this situation however the black racists are stinking this whole thing up and milking this for all it is worth. I was watching a news program and some racist women was saying he was just a young child like he was 10 or 12. it so obvious it is pathetic. It's beginning to sound like the OJ case the black racists will lie and do what ever they can to try and vilify whitey so to speak and the shooter was not even white... Sounds like the mom is jumping on the band wagon too... Sigh.

Next thing you know they will be selling locks of his hair and vile's of his ashes or something.

edit on 26-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This must happen a lot in Florida. Remember money hungry George and Cindy Anthony trademarked Caylee Anthony's name after their daughter murdered her.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
This kid probably did not deserve to die over this situation however the black racists are stinking this whole thing up and milking this for all it is worth. I was watching a news program and some racist women as saying he was a young child like he was 10 or 12. It's beginning to sound like the OJ case the black racists will lie and do what ever they can to try and vilify whitey so to speak and this shooter was not even white... Sounds like the mom is jumping on the band wagon too... Sigh.

Your first problem is that you were "watching a news program" and that says you are being sucked in by the MSM.
I must wonder why you watch those crap brainwashing good for nothing news shows ( entertainment is a better word)
Then you come here to post your findings which were drilled into your head before you even knew it.
No offense intended.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join