It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Meter Explodes On A House, Setting It On Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

One of my best friends got laid off as Edison is upgrading to smart meters eliminating the need for meter readers. I don't think any meter readers ever set fire to a house but a few months after commission there at fault for at least one house burning down. As with Smart water and other smart products just because they put the word smart doesn't mean it's better, in fact smart water adds fluoride into the water which in the long term ingesting fluoride with make you less smart, go figure.
edit on 26-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
as long as people make it, it will go wrong if they make enough of them.

"smart" prefix or not, like you said

having said that my smart potato i grew hasnt exploded yet or burn my house down, do you want one? totally safe ish and has smart in front, 20$ ea. cant be missed.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
smart meters are generally new tech and as such will go wrong alot more than older tech thats been well tried and trusted since they wont have the years of fault finding behind them and don't forget there will be people who know you cant fool a old school meter but may try and get a smart meter to fail to save money since the old meters had physical numbers on the screen and the new meters rely on a lcd screen which when on fire won't record the details so basically they need to watch the naughty people and make it more tough

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
smart meters are generally new tech and as such will go wrong alot more than older tech thats been well tried and trusted since they wont have the years of fault finding behind them and don't forget there will be people who know you cant fool a old school meter but may try and get a smart meter to fail to save money since the old meters had physical numbers on the screen and the new meters rely on a lcd screen which when on fire won't record the details so basically they need to watch the naughty people and make it more tough

Smart Meter technology has been around since 1989, that would make it 23 years old and supposedly a rather mature technology. You can fool both the old style and new style meters with PFC technology if it is adjusted to the right frequency, I've personally tested this process.

Shame they are catching on fire, well, supposedly one did, but anything with a power supply is subject to heating and failure which can result in a fire. I've heard of clock radios and TV's starting fires through their power supplies.

Like any technology, it will only be a matter of time before one can buy a scanner/transceiver and reprogram their own "smart" meter. If it can be programmed it can be hacked ;-)

Cheers - Dave

join