It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a hole in the bottom of the sea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It would be odd if the hole was some kind of extinct volcano that was covered by water after the Ice Age passed.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Go look at Belize and tell me what's up with the hole in the ocean, that looks like a perfect circle, there.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

It is called The Great Blue Hole

The Great Blue Hole
edit on 26-3-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

FIRE THE LASER!!! Just don"t hit the survey boat. lol?? New sounding technology? Maybe it's the Abyss? Can you imagine 200 million angry Chilean stinging insects... Ouch

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Could be just another entrance to the other "side" of our planet? All Blackhole sun firmament style?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

No, that is not the one. There is another called somthing with "hell"

Nice hole thou

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

The great blue hole you referenced is 400ft deep, not 7km.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenTFH
Inb4 hollow earth theory?
In all seriousness, someone should check it out. It's not that far from the coast, would be pretty easy to get there by boat!

HAHAHAHA! Really?

Someone should just boat on over there and check it out? How does one go about "checking out" a hole in the ocean, anyway? Should they just scuba dive down the hole? Maybe if they're good swimmers, they could just hold their breath and dive down as far as they can to check out this hole.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

yeah not finding much on another hole like the op, a few cave systems other than that the variations on "Hell"... is a lot

U.S. Board on Geographic Names
edit on 27-3-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
How could their be a hole in the bottom of the sea...? Im no scientist, but, wouldnt it the ocean fill it.....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Fascinating! However, unless this is an somehow entirely missed uncharted oceanographic feature adjacent a populated area, I'm more apt to consider that the depth measurement may be incorrect. I did google "incorrect elevations in Google Earth" and got an enormous number of returns, so this may be possible.
Actually, I supposed it could be both an uncharted feature as well as an incorrect measurement. An underwater caldera, perhaps? Or perhaps a huge sinkhole? This is a very seismically active region, it's feasible either one could be what this is, especially so for a sinkhole if the rock there is soft rock. OP, can you roll back through time & see if it is a continuous feature, or one that suddenly appears? (does that feature in GE apply to ocean topography?)

Either way, very cool find OP, S & F

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well, if it is really a hole, I sure hope someone has plans to drop a camera down there.

i think mother nature is getting tired of us trying to look up her skirt. that's the real source of the earthquakes.

Sure; if all you do is look!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join