It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't claim to know who started the physical altercation, but saying that someone following you or talking to you is grounds for attacking them is silly.

My sentiments exactly when I saw that you had said that its not "illegal" to ask someone where they are going, or what they are doing.

It was really none of his business, I usually ask that kind of question when someone is at my doorstep, not on the street.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If a guy that has been following me starts to pull his gun...I'm gonna go for it too.

And that's the problem. I don't know if he pulled the gun before he was getting his head smashed on the concrete. If he did he most definitely should be arrested, charged and jailed. I would go for the gun too if someone randomly followed me/pulled one.

Which is why he should be arrested and held on suspected manslaughter at the very least and let the courts figure it out.

The whole controversy about this entire case is that he is walking free.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

i'm scary to some people...if i got sprayed...who's fault is it?

If someone maced you for walking near them or saying who are you it would be their fault.

dispatchers work for the police department, don't they? my mistake if they don't.

So do janitors, they are not sworn peace officers.

that he was being followed...i thought was firmly established...

Perhaps I misspoke, yes Zimmerman was following.

but in florida...a human life is worth a broken window or door and electronics.

Which is why I think Zimmerman is an idiot, I just don't know if he actually intended to start a fist fight, and then shoot Trayvon. At the end of the day I guess I'm just irritated that this has become a race issue, and that so many people jump on the bandwagon without all the facts (myself included).

link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
In the soon to follow riots I hope all the blacks remember to attack any random mexican they see. Leave us whites outta this one!!!

He is half-white and Hispanic, so both side will get it. He has more white in him then Spanish, because a Spanish person would of never did that ,...its the white that’s in his blood that made him do it.

link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

that's what i'm saying...a camera is what he should have had...not a gun.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

i don't feel like getting maced. i fell back to avoid the situation...whether right or wrong.

my mistake...i thought dispatchers were cops...not good enough to be on the street, but cops.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Which is why he should be arrested and held on suspected manslaughter at the very least and let the courts figure it out.

I agree with that. The thing I find controversial is that the media turned this into a race issue and people seem to have completely forgotten innocent until proven guilty. I also grow tired of people who think following someone is grounds for them to be assaulted. Hell I'm not even claiming Zimmerman didn't take the first swing, I don't know, wasn't there. Just saying if someone is beating your head against the ground (don't know if that happened either) you should be allowed to shoot them.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

but what if you stop someone and ask those questions and they tell you to go @#$@# yourself...what's it your concern? who are you to ask me what i'm doing?

zimmerman probably prayed for the response he got so he could do what he did.

and someone in this world wants him to walk...probably for no other reason than to see the meltdown that may emerge.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I agree with that. The thing I find controversial is that the media turned this into a race issue and people seem to have completely forgotten innocent until proven guilty. I also grow tired of people who think following someone is grounds for them to be assaulted. Hell I'm not even claiming Zimmerman didn't take the first swing, I don't know, wasn't there. Just saying if someone is beating your head against the ground (don't know if that happened either) you should be allowed to shoot them.

I disagree.

If someone is following me and confronts me and takes the first swing...I don't deserve to be shot and killed for defending myself.

We don't know who started the physical altercation...but everything so far points to Trayvon trying to get away from Zimmerman and Zimmerman intent on not letting this "A-hole" get away.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

i don't feel like getting maced. i fell back to avoid the situation...whether right or wrong. my mistake...i thought dispatchers were cops...not good enough to be on the street, but cops.

I think occasionally cops are on dispatch in smaller precincts but my understanding is that the majority are not sworn police officers and really can only give advice. Obviously this dispatcher gave good advice.

I would have backed off the lady too, but I still think it would be assault if she maced you for walking around. Is that you in the avatar? You don't look scary to me, you look like a nice guy. I'm surprised she didn't just ask you on a date.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Though dispatchers are not police, they are required to have extensive training, and if the dispatcher told him to leave it alone, they have to be aware of stress levels in a persons voice, as they are required to have training in "crisis prevention" which this clearly was the case.

Emergency services dispatcher certificate programs teach students how to talk with emergency victims. As such, coursework generally includes suicide intervention, customer service care, crisis intervention and stress management. Since dispatchers often instruct 911 callers to perform basic lifesaving techniques until help arrives, they may receive training to help callers perform rescue techniques, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Many certificate programs also include criminal justice courses, such as criminal and civil law, domestic violence and law enforcement strategies.

education-portal.com...

So in my eyes this case has to be looked into as far as the advice clearly given to him when he called 911! I think that the dispatcher should have the same authority on the phone that the police have in person!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If someone is following me and confronts me and takes the first swing...I don't deserve to be shot and killed for defending myself.

Yeah, I don't think so either unless in a very weird case. That wasn't what I meant. I sort of made that post confusing.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
In the soon to follow riots I hope all the blacks remember to attack any random mexican they see. Leave us whites outta this one!!!

george zimmerman is half white half cuban. as i stated before it is not a question of race it is a question of profiling and an overzealous community watchmen. george zimmerman should be considered innocent until proven guilty and he should be tried for the death of trayvon martin. the outrage has to do with the fact that zimmerman has not been charged yet.

lets say it was a white man with a shaved head and tatoos walking through a black neighborhood, if a black man stalked him, profiled him and came to the conclusion that there was a neo-nazi up to no good in his neighborhood i would be just as outraged. because we cannot let over zealous citizens walk around taking the law into their own hands. if we do that where will it end?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

now that I think of it, i can recall being stopped by a car full of detectives in an unmarked car in early 2008 and asked questions about who i am and what i'm doing..

i gave them a hard time.

no one is under any compunction to explain themselves to some random person under any circumstance...

zimmerman should seek prison for his own sake.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

no one is under any compunction to explain themselves to some random person under any circumstance...

Of course this is true. At the same time asking isn't illegal.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

He has the right to have a gun,not only cops have that right.
You're right he should of stayed away until police got there,and pursuing him was a mistake.

The kid would of been home by the time the police got there and they would be pissed at Zimmerman for calling because the kid did not commit a crime.(that i know of)

But I must disagree about it being murder, however there is a lot of evidence that is yet to come to light.

Did he pull his gun first?
Did he hit, or touch the kid first?

There is not enough information at this point to say murder, however if it is not self defense then I would say manslaughter.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

in the mid 1990s, the Morse Avenue 'L' stop in Chicago...was a wild, drug user infested block and a half in every direction.

after dark in that neighborhood, i wasn't going to push my luck that charm would convince someone to not mace me.

crackheads are also are amazingly charming people if they want to be.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
No, you are missing the whole point. If Trayvon struck first, he was the physical aggressor and Zimmerman had every right to defend himself from being harmed. Following someone is not touching them.

NO. Zimmerman is the aggressor - - he created the situation - - he escalated the situation by not "standing down" when the dispatcher told him to.

Zimmerman took the law into his own hands - - - he forced Tayvon into a "Stand Your Ground" position.

If Stand Your Ground is law - - then Tayvon is fully in his right to defend himself. Not Zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut george zimmerman should be considered innocent until proven guilty and he should be tried for the death of trayvon martin. the outrage has to do with the fact that zimmerman has not been charged yet.

True.

Even if Trayvon went for the gun - that could just as well be characterized as self-defense.

The Sanford police and the DA or state's attorney have circumvented justice because there is most certainly probable cause in this case to arrest ZImmerman and make him prove his self-defense claim in a court of law. However, the police played their hand and showed their true intent when they drug tested the victim and not the shooter. Regardless, I find it hard to imagine that the SYG law would be allowed to do an end run around the court system. You should still have to tell it to a judge.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Zimmerman should not have followed him. He followed him because he profiled Martin. Following him resulted into scaring a kid doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman shot him because he was getting his *** beat by a scared kid defending himself from a man with a gun.

Zimmerman was looking for trouble and now he most certainly has it. Enough said.

edit on 26-3-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

A lot of assumptions and no evidence to back it up.

Enough said.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join