It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
"If I was being followed by that Mexican....."

"If I saw a black guy in my neighborhood wearing a hoody..."

People have lost their effin minds...

Stop the planet please... I want to get off this piece of sh*t rock....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Your link has a video that says the Police Chief stepped down.That's news to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he got death threats.

Whatever happens judicially Zimmerman will always be a wanted man and ought to get of the US if he wants to live. (If he doesn't go to jail).

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
he wouldn't have to worried about the boy going for his gun had he followed the explicit instructions of actual law enforcement. perhaps he should have waited for an actual crime to be committed before he made his appearance...hindsight is 20-20....

Trayvon, if he were still alive, could have used the self defense claim as the reason he attacked the fat slob.

he was being followed by an armed man after all.

doesn't really matter...he's going to prison...for a long time.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

So lemme get this straight...teenager walking down the street, minding his own business, gets confronted by older dude who had been following him, dude has a gun. Poor kid probably thought he was about to get abducted or worse. Who WOULDN'T go for the gun!? Zimmerman is still the first aggressor.

Zimmerman was an idiot to confront the kid. Again that's not illegal. I have seen nothing to indicate the gun was in plain sight until after Trayvon allegedly attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman may very well not be the first physical aggressor, and that's the real issue. I don't think he was. I don't think people call the police if they are intending to shoot someone in cold blood/start a fist fight. I think Trayvon reacted poorly and tragically to Zimmermans idiotic (but legal) actions, and Trayvons actions got him killed. I believe that is why he wasn't charged with a crime.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Zimmerman was looking for trouble and now he most certainly has it. Enough said.

edit on 26-3-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

I agree, he might as well been saying "Aqui toro."

If I was been followed by this guy asking questions, I might feel like telling him to leave me the # alone. That's me. I don't have this macho thing some guys do. We will probably never know what was said to provoke Martin.
edit on 3/26/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Zimmerman lost his self defense claim when he decided to follow Martin .

911 recordings released over the weekend suggest that Zimmerman, who has a concealed weapons permit and volunteered in an apparently informal neighborhood watch program, pursued Martin, despite being told police were on their way. It is the fact that Zimmerman ignored the 911 operator's advice not to follow Martin that former Sen.
Peaden says disqualifies him from claiming self-defense under the law.

"The guy lost his defense right then," Peaden told the Miami Herald. "When he said 'I'm following him,' he lost his defense." Rep. Dennis Baxley, Peaden's co-sponsor in the Florida House, agrees with his former colleague, telling the newspaper that the law does not license neighborhood watch or others who feel "like they have the authority to pursue and confront people. That is aggravating an incident right there."

Source

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

he wouldn't have to worried about the boy going for his gun had he followed the explicit instructions of actual law enforcement. perhaps he should have waited for an actual crime to be committed before he made his appearance...hindsight is 20-20....

A dispatcher saying 'We don't need you to do that.' is NOT an instruction, and certainly not from actual law enforcement. I agree that he should have waited for a crime, but again talking to someone isn't illegal.

Trayvon, if he were still alive, could have used the self defense claim as the reason he attacked the fat slob. he was being followed by an armed man after all.

It's not self defense if someone is talking to you and you decide to attack them. It's assault. Zimmerman being armed doesn't automatically make him guilty.

He very well may be, and if it comes out that he wasn't attacked I hope he does.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If a guy that has been following me starts to pull his gun...I'm gonna go for it too.

Sad part is that we will only get one side of the story, because the dumbass Zimmerman killed the other person involved.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

When Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, gun out or not, he was the first aggressor. The kid was doing nothing illegal. Zimmerman took the law into his own hands, even though no law had been broken. Trayvon had no way of knowing who Zimmerman was and had to assume that Zimmerman was in fact breaking the law by stalking and assaulting him.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Zimmerman should not have followed him. He followed him because he profiled Martin. Following him resulted into scaring a kid doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman shot him because he was getting his *** beat by a scared kid defending himself from a man with a gun.

Zimmerman was looking for trouble and now he most certainly has it. Enough said.

edit on 26-3-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

THIS.

it's pretty simple people....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If a guy that has been following me starts to pull his gun...I'm gonna go for it too.

And that's the problem. I don't know if he pulled the gun before he was getting his head smashed on the concrete. If he did he most definitely should be arrested, charged and jailed. I would go for the gun too if someone randomly followed me/pulled one.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Trayvon had every right to launch an attack on Mr Zimmerman. After all, he was FOLLOWING him and SPEAKING to him, so of course he should expect to be punched and his head slammed on the ground. I'm sure the prosecution will prove that Zimmerman was also "mean-mugging" Trayvon which everyone knows provokes a rightful assault. If Mr Zimmerman would have just allowed Trayvon to break his skull open in his own neighborhood, none of this would have happened.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I wonder... Does this mean a person can load up like Rambo, and cruise around a troubled, crime ridden neighborhood, just waiting for someone to challenge them to stand their ground?

Or maybe dress up in nice clothes with a hidden weapon, and go to a bad neighborhood, playing the "lost out of towner" role, in hopes someone will challenge you to stand your ground...

Or maybe go to a Muslim neighborhood, and insult Mohammed, desecrate a Koran, and just wait for people to start attacking you, then you can stand your ground as well..

Or maybe you should just buy some land in the middle of nowhere, install a fortified hunting house, and then insult EVERY SINGLE GROUP, put the address/location on your insults video on YouTube, and just wait for some fanatics to come to seek revenge...

I guess if you're in the mood to kill another human being, the law makes it easy to put yourself in a situation to stand your ground...
edit on 26-3-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

When Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, gun out or not, he was the first aggressor. The kid was doing nothing illegal. Zimmerman took the law into his own hands, even though no law had been broken. Trayvon had no way of knowing who Zimmerman was and had to assume that Zimmerman was in fact breaking the law by stalking and assaulting him.

Again, following someone and asking who they are is not illegal. At that point if you assault them, you are the aggressor. I don't know who attacked who, but I am not going to automatically assume Trayvon didn't get violent first. If he did, and was smashing Zimmermans head against the sidewalk Zimmerman is only guilty of being an overzealous moron, which is not a crime.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

The real question is, how did zimmerman get close to treyvon in the first place, and why was he stalking him.

The one thing that has not come out in all the fake lies is what started this in the first place. What happened when he jumped out the bushes and scared trevon, what happened when Zimmerman called him a 'NG‘, what happened when Zimmerman told Traven to strip for him, what happened when Zimmerman told him he has some candy can you come to my house.

‘The start of the event will never come out,’ until then, he is guilty, and he is a murderer, and a menace to society, just look at his criminal background.

Why wont Zimmerman explain what started the initial event?

Why, because its no way that he can lie about it, he will never explain why he was so close to trevon, because it will explain the real reason why he followed him and harassed him.

Zimmerman will either be dead or will go to jail.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Again, following someone and asking who they are is not illegal. At that point if you assault them, you are the aggressor. I don't know who attacked who, but I am not going to automatically assume Trayvon didn't get violent first. If he did, and was smashing Zimmermans head against the sidewalk Zimmerman is only guilty of being an overzealous moron, which is not a crime.

I have to ask, are you ok with someone following you, mind you an absolute stranger, and then asking you who you are, or where your going? Do you think that this should be the way that random people treat each other on the street?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

dispatchers work for the police department, don't they? my mistake if they don't.

that he was being followed...i thought was firmly established...

i remember walking behind a woman that had a can of mace in her hand after dark many years ago i'd just gotten of the train from work and was walking home, i assume her story was the same...after seeing the mace, i fell back, not wanting to initiate an unfortunate event.

i'm scary to some people...if i got sprayed...who's fault is it?

i suppose a life is worth a stereo or television set...to zimmerman. those are the types of things criminals steal from homes?

the man is psychotic and needs a time out.

if a bank is being robbed...you'd be fired for not following the robbers instructions. why? because nothing they take will equal the amount of lost life.

but in florida...a human life is worth a broken window or door and electronics.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In the soon to follow riots I hope all the blacks remember to attack any random mexican they see. Leave us whites outta this one!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I have to ask, are you ok with someone following you, mind you an absolute stranger, and then asking you who you are, or where your going? Do you think that this should be the way that random people treat each other on the street?

Not at all OK with that. I would tell them to screw off and call the cops. I wouldn't think it gave me the right to assault them though, because legally it doesn't. I don't claim to know who started the physical altercation, but saying that someone following you or talking to you is grounds for attacking them is silly.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by michaelbrux

A dispatcher saying 'We don't need you to do that.' is NOT an instruction, and certainly not from actual law enforcement. I agree that he should have waited for a crime, but again talking to someone isn't illegal.

Trayvon, if he were still alive, could have used the self defense claim as the reason he attacked the fat slob. he was being followed by an armed man after all.

It's not self defense if someone is talking to you and you decide to attack them. It's assault. Zimmerman being armed doesn't automatically make him guilty.

He very well may be, and if it comes out that he wasn't attacked I hope he does.

may not have been an ORDER, but it was common sense ADVICE.

even in the security industry, the rule they try to enforce the most is "observe/report".
Zman grossly broke that simple rule, in place of unwarranted aggression.
If the kid was up to no good, MORE THAN JUST WALKING THROUGH THE NEIGHBORHOOD, all Zman had to do to prove it, was Watch(from a reasonable distance) see(what is going on, if anything) and REPORT(what he did see, if anything happened, to the dispatcher).

The most that would've happened here, is that Zman would've pissed off Trayvons father, who lived in the SAME community.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join