It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC reporting trayvon was suspended for having an empty marijuana baggie.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
so the MSM is not hiding and being biased they are reporting on both sides of the story!!

they just said on MSNBC (MSM) that trayvon was suspended for having an empty marijuana baggie and that he attacked zimmerman from behind.

how do you get attacked from behind when you have been following him the whole time and on the phone with 911 telling them you are following the guy? oh boy i'm done with guessing and trying to figure out what really happened.

at this point i think we should all save judgement til all the facts and evidence are laid out.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
so the MSM is not hiding and being biased they are reporting on both sides of the story!!

they just said on MSNBC (MSM) that trayvon was suspended for having an empty marijuana baggie and that he attacked zimmerman from behind.

how do you get attacked from behind when you have been following him the whole time and on the phone with 911 telling them you are following the guy? oh boy i'm done with guessing and trying to figure out what really happened.

at this point i think we should all save judgement til all the facts and evidence are laid out.

Because he said he was walking back to his truck.

U

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
zimmerman needs to have his day in court. he is innocent until proven guilty. we need to withhold our judgements mr. zimmerman has the same rights we all have. right now emotions are getting the best of us. right or wrong guilty or not guilty we cannot come to any of these conclusions until all the facts and evidence are brought up in court.

in my opinion mr. zimmerman should be arrested and tried for murder. let the judicial system do a complete and unbiased investigation.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

zimmerman needs to have his day in court. he is innocent until proven guilty. we need to withhold our judgements mr. zimmerman has the same rights we all have. right now emotions are getting the best of us. right or wrong guilty or not guilty we cannot come to any of these conclusions until all the facts and evidence are brought up in court.

in my opinion mr. zimmerman should be arrested and tried for murder. let the judicial system do a complete and unbiased investigation.

Murder? If you are on your back getting your face pounded on a dark rainy night, what would you do?

U
edit on 26-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I take it you did not yet read the police report or any witness testimony.

U
edit on 26-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That's a great point. Saving judgement.
I've been confused many times by angles
ATS members are trying to bring to a news story.

They complain about spin, but the MSM spin is
nothing compared to a Member with an agenda.

Sometimes I'll read a story on ATS and form an opinion.
Only later to revise that opinion when I get the full story
from a number of diverse news sources.

Lesson?
Diversify your news sources.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

they just said on MSNBC (MSM) that trayvon was suspended for having an empty marijuana baggie ....

oh god, if there was no war on drugs... this mess never would've started in the first place

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
According to his facebook page, he was a drug dealer.. To bad he left his piece at home.. Would have helped Mr. Zimmerman out a lot. Drug dealing and throwing up bloods signs on his pics, yes this little thug most likely had a gun somewhere.

U

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL

Murder? If you are on your back getting your face pounded on a dark rainy night, what would you do?

U
edit on 26-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

i have not read or heard all of the evidence as i am sure you have not either, this is why i am trying my hardest not to pass judgement one way or the other. i am not completely fluent in the legal terms maybe we could call it manslaughter or 1st 2nd or 3rd degree murder whatever the case may be zimmerman needs to be put on trial so all the facts and evidence can be brought to light.

i look at it like this any person of any color killed in any way should have a right to have his murder fully investigated by a court of law.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
That's a great point. Saving judgement.
I've been confused many times by angles
ATS members are trying to bring to a news story.

They complain about spin, but the MSM spin is
nothing compared to a Member with an agenda.

Sometimes I'll read a story on ATS and form an opinion.
Only later to revise that opinion when I get the full story
from a number of diverse news sources.

Lesson?
Diversify your news sources.

yeah I get what you mean but for me it was this site that changed my opinion, I had no idea the boy was grown, I thought he was that tiny kid they were showing on the news, and also someone brought up the black panther thing on here, I wouldn't of know any of that if it weren't for this site. I still haven't heard the MSM mention the bounty they have put on that mans head, it even says "Dead or Alive" that to me is news worthy.

and about Zimmerman I think he was stupid for follwing him and if he just stayed in his damn car this wouldnt of happened, there was no need to get out of his car, my heart goes out to the boy's family its really sad, but again, I found out more on this site then the news ever spoke about and like another poster said, we have to wait until they release all the facts what I am wondering though is if they ever will, it took them almost a month to talk about this case in the first place.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm just wondering why anyone cares or thinks it matters what the victim here had a history of?? I'm about as far right on Law and Order topics as one can get and still walk upright, so I'm no apologist for street scum, but this isn't relevant. Not one bit.

If a prostitute is dragged off the street and into a dark alley to be raped.......should it make ANY difference that she was on that street at the time as a prostitute? Well, to far too many people these days, it would matter...but it absolutely shouldn't.

It's not about the victim as much as the rapist in that example...and it isn't about a black kid with a criminal history and tendency, it's about a neighborhood watch guy who thought he was Sherlock Holmes and Dirty Harry all rolled into one.

He could have been pursuing Hannibal Lecter for all I care and when the Police said stop following...and he continued...he bought everything that happened after that. Shooting and all. The background of the victim he shot to death doesn't change HIS decision to pursue after being told not to and with *NO* legal right to do so, beyond that point.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i dont care about the empty marijuana baggie i'm just saying the MSM is reporting on both sides of the story and fuelling the fire on both sides = more/better ratings. i'm watching msnbc and they are reporting on the black panther stuff along with reporting the nicer pictures of zimmerman and people defending his character. so i'm just saying it isnt as one sided as some people would lead you to believe.

at the end of the day we do not know all of the facts,so far we are all being taken on an emotional roller coaster.

bottom line, give zimmerman his day in court.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You gotta love how folks here, without enough information, always take sides on issues. How do you take sides with only partial information? You don't if you are rational and even remotely reasonable.

To me denying ignorance means waiting until you have all the facts, minus rumors, gossip and hate speech. You take sides before that you clearly embrace ignorance.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
NO judgement just the facts...

an unarmed minor walking by himself is dead of a gunshot wound by an adult who was told by the police to STOP PURSUING the minor. there is a difference between standing your ground in a fight and KILLING that fact is on tape in this case when Zimmerman was told by the police to STOP.

that's all the fact i need to cast my judgement of a killer.
edit on 3/26/2012 by -W1LL because: sp

link   
BLAH BLAH BLAH, with that said. Explain to me why a empty MJ bag has any thing to do with an over zealous neighborhood watch guy? Im mean really!! Did he know he was kicked outta school for weed? And if so, so what. He murdered that kid, and over what cause he looked dangerous, cause he had some gold teeth. So what everyone in the south has gold teeth. Its called a trend. Some people out there like being in the "IN CROWD" and if that means having gold teeth and wearing a hoodie so be it.

To me Trayvon was a " TRUE HERO UNDER GOD"

link   
BLAH BLAH BLAH, with that said. Explain to me why a empty MJ bag has any thing to do with an over zealous neighborhood watch guy? Im mean really!! Did he know he was kicked outta school for weed? And if so, so what. He murdered that kid, and over what cause he looked dangerous, cause he had some gold teeth. So what everyone in the south has gold teeth. Its called a trend. Some people out there like being in the "IN CROWD" and if that means having gold teeth and wearing a hoodie so be it.

To me Trayvon was a " TRUE HERO UNDER GOD"

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
this case is exactly the same as any other, the only difference is the people who had nothing to do with it are now taking the spotlight and placing it wherever they damn well feel like.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
To me denying ignorance means waiting until you have all the facts, minus rumors, gossip and hate speech. You take sides before that you clearly embrace ignorance.

It would seem to me there was some very complacent police work. Facts are kind of lacking.

The only real fact IMO is the 911 phone call.

Zimmerman is the aggressor taking law into his own hands - - putting Tayvon into the position of Stand Your Ground.

Who Tayvon was - - is not really relevant IMO.

My position is "wannabe" vigilante types taking the law into their own hands. Its a time bomb waiting to go off.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Blaine91555

It would seem to me there was some very complacent police work. Facts are kind of lacking.

The only real fact IMO is the 911 phone call.

Zimmerman is the aggressor taking law into his own hands - - putting Tayvon into the position of Stand Your Ground.

Who Tayvon was - - is not really relevant IMO.

My position is "wannabe" vigilante types taking the law into their own hands. Its a time bomb waiting to go off.

The only way that would be true, is if Mr. Zimmerman got into Mr. Martin's face, and Mr. Martin took a step back(with Mr. Zimmerman taking a step forward).

Also, no law, in any state gives a person the right to attack another in the back. If it is true that Mr. Martin attacked Mr. Zimmerman with a punch to that back, that would utterly and completely destroy your biased assumptions and opinions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join