It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is mostly a farce

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

perhaps if being emasculated, publically ridiculed, embarrased, killed, raped, unjustly accused etc, up until a few short years ago; a predominate theme in African American culture wouldn't be hyper masculinity,lawlessness and violence that is overwhelmingly caused by hurt pride (you stepped on my sneakers) or poverty (give me your Ipad).

You know I was wondering:
Funnily enough; mass murder, white collar crime (the theft of life savings, pensions, and liveyhood), serial pedophiles and serial killer profiles are overwhemingly white (males)

this is a statistically proven fact.

So, is it safe to say that this is a "cultural thing" ?

edit on 29-3-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

You make some valid points. We must all look in the mirror and realize that as a human race our past is an ugly one. Racism is a disease of the soul and a reflection of insecurity. Everyone bashing Blacks, especially the newer generations (of whites) have no idea how the actions of the past affect the reality of today. Cause and effect. That being said, I think that the Black community must address certain mentalities that have fostered and grown over the past 30 years (or more) which are counter productive and downright damaging to their future.

Empowerment, community and unity is what is needed. As Martin Luther King jr said, the power of the black community as a collective is more powerful then they are lead to believe. The power of their labor (or lack of; strike) and their purchasing prowess cannot be underrated. If they pooled their resources and their minds, they can escape their past injustices and begin anew in a focused and determined path. But they must be aware of what is keeping them back.

Discrimination is very real today, and lets not ignore the power structure. But victimhood and resentment will not get them far. Sooner or later they will realize that it serves to keep them from where they need to get to. Once the realization of that happens, everything else will fall in place.

One thing that I believe is vital is the need to distance themselves from their so called leaders. Real leaders empower, uplift and educate; they make their community stronger. Fake leaders victimize, criticize and weaken.

edit on 29-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Hmmm yes. good points..well said...

I became suspicious of one said black "leader" , Al Sharpton, when not too long ago I saw him on television hawking pay day credit loans, and on the radio selling erectile disfunction herbal remedies.

Pay day credit loans have weaked havoc on the underprivealged. Perhaps erectile disfunction too,but their are no ways to substantiate those claims..

HOWEVER , we must be honest that "those who muse not be named" have effectively assassinated any one who could remotely be considered a positive leader, or self sustaining black influence. We mentions MLK- well what happened to him? From politics - to music ( you may look into the curious case of Otis Redding if you wish)

I'm always humbled and joyous when I hear or read honest words such as yours, we also - white people included - have to understand that black people are kept in their place for a reason, and nothing short of a major revolution is going to change that.

thanks for your insight.

fp

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

nobody's better than anybody else..that's what fighting racism is about..to stop hatred or intolerance of another race or other races by race/s that consider themselves superior...racism is cheap and i can't believe it exists today..guess old ideas die hard!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Hmmm yes. good points..well said...

I became suspicious of one said black "leader" , Al Sharpton, when not too long ago I saw him on television hawking pay day credit loans, and on the radio selling erectile disfunction herbal remedies.

Pay day credit loans have weaked havoc on the underprivealged. Perhaps erectile disfunction too,but their are no ways to substantiate those claims..

HOWEVER , we must be honest that "those who muse not be named" have effectively assassinated any one who could remotely be considered a positive leader, or self sustaining black influence. We mentions MLK- well what happened to him? From politics - to music ( you may look into the curious case of Otis Redding if you wish)

I'm always humbled and joyous when I hear or read honest words such as yours, we also - white people included - have to understand that black people are kept in their place for a reason, and nothing short of a major revolution is going to change that.

thanks for your insight.

fp

Yes you are correct. The fact of the matter is that in this society people that speak truths, or try and awaken the masses are often assassinated, especially those that try to give power to the people. Whites are not excluded from that; John Lennon, JFK, RFK and others are prime examples. It is obvious to anyone that studies history (not just official) that there have been efforts to keep people of color, especially people of African ancestry, as far from the power structure as possible.

But the battle is not one of color, but of culture and status quo. Those in power wish to keep things as they are. This is why whites, blacks, natives and asians have been killed and in some cases their culture and spiritual beliefs wiped off. Yes I included whites in the case of victims of past injustices, because if they are considered threat, or if there own personal beliefs and way of living is in the way of the norm then they are exterminated. Look to the gnostics, jews (not Zionists), the celts, the scots as examples.

The power structure in reality, on a deeper level, cares not of the skin color. What they care about is class, culture, and if the individual or group has an aversion or attraction to the status quo. What I mean is the mentality and nobility (in their minds) of the individual. If you are of a higher class, are in tune with their culture and share the lust of power and excesses that they have then you become one of them regardless of color.

All this is IMO of course and I could be wrong, but if you look at history, not just North American history you will see cases of what I mentioned above.

Love the name btw.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
This just happened to my son, he walks into the thrift store and is looking at the books, he has on jeans a rocker shirt, and long hair, he is looking at the used book section,

This is hilarious,

So two employees walk up to him and say, aren't you supposed to be working?

He looks at them and says, what?

The lady says, aren't you doing community service?

He laughs and says no, way to racially profile, although he looks very Native American.

I had posted on another thread how he used to get hassled for being on his skate board, poor guy.
edit on 013131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

FYI... Thrift stores are where people do their community service and you never really know who is, and who isn't working there. I had to do some hrs before and I can tell you first hand that the scene changes every day. I'm a white male but grew up in the ghetto and I'm not new to being profiled... I sk8ed too

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Right now, I am really wondering how many Americans really live the Melting Pot and how many are looking at each other with disgust.
Here on ATS it seems as if most Americans fear each other and hate each other.

So I wonder, why you invade Muslim countries. You could start at home.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

Honeslty i know what he means, every time im in a city i get this feeling that all black people around me want to rape me.

LOL sorry but i just get the feeling that people not only don'tt ake you seriously on the internet but in real life too.
the rant section can be funny sometimes even when the topic is like this.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join