It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is mostly a farce

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
ok so what culture am i? I speak perfect American non-accented English. I dress in boot-cut jeans, wear converse military-style black boots, a tshirt and a thermal long sleeve. I walk around listening to music on my phone via earphones. I wear black plastic framed glasses. Nothing in my demeanor screams "suspicious" or "criminal" yet whenever I'm at a mall security tails me. Whenever someone talks to me they use hand gestures and speak extra slow as to allow me to grasp their thought process much more clearly. Whenever i exit a store along side a white person and the anti-theft alarm goes off, I get my items checked while the other person doesn't get a second look. I've had white teenagers talk trash when I walk by, saying stuff like "look at that effing beaner" or "spic", assuming that I'm not a native English speaker. I was even beat up in elementary school by some racist morons simply because my skin wasn't white and I quote "didn't belong in English-only classes." I'm hispanic, I'm slightly brown. I don't speak spanish that well, let alone speak it in public, I have never done anything to offend anyone or break the law etc. I'm not a member of a gang yet everywhere I go I get treated differently. By the way, I'm in Southern California. I've lived racism and trust me, it's very real. To say that there aren't people out there that aren't in their core racist is like saying that the sun doesn't rise in the east and set in the west. This whole "people aren't racist they're culturalists" stuff is just bogus as from personal experience people haven't judged my "culture" rather the color of my skin.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Oh thank the white man eh ... Isn't it the white man that thought it was ok to pick black people as slaves ?? Thanks for the help

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hahaha777

Oh thank the white man eh ... Isn't it the white man that thought it was ok to pick black people as slaves ?? Thanks for the help

So you think "slavery" was only done by the white man? Oh wow... I will never, ever argue with a... misinformed person.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

What's this "we don't like" business? It is elitists who claim to speak for some "we."

This "we" can speak for himself and decide what cultures he like and what cultures he does not.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Dude you said we should thank the white man ??? For what ?? What gives you the right to say that. I didn't say the white man was the only one who slaves people , I was saying that white don't need to be thanked the world we live today has been a team effort . It just so happens the whites are most known for slavery and pretty sickening they were cruel to blacks right up until the 70's sad huh ??

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I don't care what color you are or where you come from.

I reserve the right to not have respect for anyone as an individual or as a group of people who act in a manner I find disturbing.

That said, people from all walks of life can break the stereotypical mold they are surrounded by. I know black and redneck people who are way smarter and live better than white people who went to Harvard and came from rich influential families.

It's not wrong to label people for the purposes of description if you do it in a manner that does not promote hate.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I was gonna say the same thing!

It's funny that everytime I had A holes cross my path, they were all white.
Why is that? Because by your logic: black man is bad and white boy is good.

And I'm white btw so, really, you fail to get your point across.
It's a new trend here, the " racist " conspiracy!

Bottom line is this: if you're not willing to judge everybody as individuals, regardless of their culture, race and whatnot... Then you, sir, are a racist. It's as simple as that! I see it all the time around me, to say that racism is the gov. works, is to take off responsibility for our own actions/reactions.

I know some " thugz", OP, as you described them ( I guess you would call me a punk), that were the nicest people, friendly, giving and actually not violent or gangster at all.

Go home bigots and educate yourselves
Peace

Acknowledging the way a person, talks, acts and dresses and determining a pattern IS judging the individual...

DUHHHH!!!!!

Jaden

I always try to judge a man by the content of his character; however, the way a person talks, acts and dresses is a direct relation to the content of their character...

The color of their skin is not. One has little to do with the other, but the PC morons who see racism everywhere, seem unable to make that distinction...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hahaha777

Dude you said we should thank the white man ??? For what ?? What gives you the right to say that. I didn't say the white man was the only one who slaves people , I was saying that white don't need to be thanked the world we live today has been a team effort . It just so happens the whites are most known for slavery and pretty sickening they were cruel to blacks right up until the 70's sad huh ??

Yep, with English skillz like the above, you SHOULDN'T be thanking the white man... Wow us white men must have really screwed up the education system....

Well, on second thought maybe it's the liberals who have been more interested in indoctrinating people and not making people feel bad about themselves that are to blame for that more so than white men in general, although many white men DO fall into the above category...

Jaden

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It's a product of the good ole USA... Nothing about American culture interests me particularly either. Overspending, glutony, fast food, conservatism, bible thumping, envaligacalism, terrible english and horrible spelling (seriously Americans spell globalisation as globalis[z]ation). It is all a product of your own homeland and that is why I cringe at Hollywood movies and US culture being exported around the world. Seriously is their really any actual culture? and who would really want to imitate the US?
edit on 27-3-2012 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Well, where I'm from we don't like rednecks who live in trailers with 5 kids on welfare who are missing their teeth. We don't like these people going to Wal-Mart in their PJ's. We don't like their disjointed English. We don't like their jacked up trucks with missing mufflers or their dirt track races at midnight keeping everyone awake. We don't like their loud ass twangy music about getting drunk on saturday. We don't like their stunning lack of knowledge about the world around them. We don't like their brokeass trailers.

I see what you did there and thought I'd do it too.

epic response. its so much easier to hate a person for being different than to understand how common we all really are.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeprodigy
We elected a African American President you really think there is a mass racism problem.
Respect

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

yes sir I'm mexican not a mexicant. I forgot to mention I was born and raised in san diego california, and last time I checked california was once part of mexico. With that said I work and honest living, put food on my table, clothes on my back, and jordans on my feet. remember treat yourself, don't cheat yourself haha. and the why hell would I thank other americans and US for the money I make. I pay my taxes like everyone else. # if anything Im ashamed and pissed off, how the US treats us people, by people I mean all races including you whitey.

now unfortunately, a cartel leader by the name of chapo guzman beat me to tje punch and already thanked the US for making him rich because of the war on drugs. look it up. war on drugs, another white mans agenda.

and well I don't see a cliff in my future I do see a huge fan with some smelly fesces headed right at it. if you can't comprehend what I'm saying. its # hitting the fan, for all of us.

now I'm not a racist, I do think my race is superior to all races, but only because its my race. as I'm sure blacks, asians, and whites feel the same way about their race. like how I put whites last

now before I go, your right I am a little man. I'm 5'7 haha. and maybe before you call someone arrogant you need to look on the mirror. and that crap you write about thanking the white man, well isn't a lot of that good stuff from other coutries. ever heard of made in china, made in tawain, made in mexico. I don't think I've ever heard of made by white people.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Exactly mate , hiphop was hijacked by the media and the government then twisted it into a culture of hate propigation!

Hiphop theory as expressed by afrika bambatta is all about peace love and unity amongst everyone.
The 4 elements of hiphop were the reason people of different cultures and ethnic backgrounds came together in NYC . Bambatta saw this and used it as a force for good to unite people instead of dividing them.

The government saw this , and immediately they started trying to brandish hiphop as a bad influence on young people. When in reality it unites us and gives us purpose.

Through turntablism aka DJ'[n , Bboyin aka Breakin , MC'n , freestyle rapping , and Graffiti . All of which are accepted art forms in their own right and every young person loves them today in the modern world. Hiphop culture is alive and well despite the fake media bull# and the negative government rhetoric about its society degredating effects.
Hiphop empowers people and makes them do good things , when shown in a bad light , people think its a negative. When actually its probably one of the most positive cultures to come out of the modern era!

Hiphop will always be strongest at its roots , the underground where it cant be touched my the MSM and the government. It's as strong as it always has been thanks to the real hiphop heads still doing their thing and representing the real hiphop !

peace

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by solizer

now I'm not a racist, I do think my race is superior to all races, but only because its my race. as I'm sure blacks, asians, and whites feel the same way about their race. like how I put whites last

Im not quoting you to highlight anything negative , but to correct you !

There is only one race on this planet , the human race ! everything else is just a phenotype !
the only differences between us are visual and thats what makes our race special the diversity
of our species. We are all one race , one species!

It's about time that people started waking up to this , and treating everyone in the same manner.
it is a shame however that some people just cant understand this.
As long as you are a good person I will greet you with open arms and an open heart regardless of the colour of your skin , or the shape of your bones , you are who you are and you are special because of that.
However underneath we are all made from the same stuff !

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

The greatest american export is Hiphop , and by that I mean the real hiphop .

I once had the pleasure of speaking to Bboy Ynot from the rock steady crew and when I told him that Americas greatest export is hiphop he couldnt agree more.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToFarGone
reply to post by WhatAreThey

Ya know what pal, you just described the future of western culture, almost to the letter. I was thinkin "man, this person knows what is goin' on."

Then I got to your position on drugs, which really isn't any of your business. Society is made of drug addicts, that just don't wanna admit it. Have you had your caffeine today? (one example of hundreds/thousands I am sure).

Personally I like my drugs, lol. They don't cause me to go rampaging about, harming your family, your property, etc. I don't sell em, and in fact, I'd rather not have to buy it either, if ya know what I'm sayin. Ultimately, I don't think it should be up to you or anyone telling me or anyone else what they can and cannot do to themselves.
I work hard to support myself, in all aspects of life. I don't take handouts, and I don't believe in entitlements.

I agree with your position on drugs to an extent. There are plenty of high functioning drug addicts out there, so drugs really don't have anything to do with it. It's more of the cultural specific affiliation with the drugs and what behaviors it promotes and brings about. Crack/Heroine in the culture I discuss promotes crime of all kinds and general irresponsibility when taken in the context of the culture.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Wow. It is nothing like this in the UK. We all hate eachother equally regardless of race

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Racism is a mental disease.

Racism should be included as a "mental condition" in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) of the World Health Organization (WHO).

Racist people should take medication.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join