It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is mostly a farce

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...#!

Chris rocks stand up, nails it on the head pretty much.

link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
...he's climb'n in yo' windows, he's snatch'n yo people up, tryin' ta rape 'em, so ya'll need ta hide ya kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husbands too, cuz' they done rape'n everybody out here!

link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by antonia

Combine the two and you get today's "poor culture," so to speak. It's not the blacks who are being discriminated against, its the poor. It just so happens most minorities in America consist of poor people, which suggests that there is a sense of cultural imperialism within the predominantly white powers that be.

Hating poor people is as American as apple pie. It seems this whole thread is an exercise in finding someone to feel better than.

You confused me again,

what do you mean by feel better than?
edit on 013131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

reply to post by antonia

Combine the two and you get today's "poor culture," so to speak. It's not the blacks who are being discriminated against, its the poor. It just so happens most minorities in America consist of poor people, which suggests that there is a sense of cultural imperialism within the predominantly white powers that be.

Hating poor people is as American as apple pie. It seems this whole thread is an exercise in finding someone to feel better than.

You confused me again,

The OP created this whole thread to show how much better he is in comparison to the culture he hates ergo he is looking for a group of people to elevate himself over. He needs someone to feel better than.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

All stereotypers do is just lump together facts....oh wait thats also stereotyping.....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey

reply to post by WhatAreThey

Why do "rednecks" usually live in the same area, congregate in the same area? Same goes for "thugs"..

Do they?

I live in the inner city in a multicultural neighborhood.

They must. I haven't seen too many trailerpark/housing project areas. Have you? It would be pretty funny to see these two groups co-exist peacefully.

I have seen towns of coexisting trailer park/housing areas. And the people got along fine together. Around here there are plenty of towns where there are more trailer parks, apartments and housing project areas than regular homes. People of all races live there. But then I've also seen places where under the same circumstances the people don't get along. Where I'm from I would say the chances of finding a tolerant and diverse town or an intolerant diverse town is pretty 50/50. I really think it just depends on the individual.

The town I specifically grew up/attended school in was a mixture of expensive homes, cheaper homes, and apartment/housing projects, sans trailers. There was a pretty even amount of the three most common races, and for the most part we all got along. I think living in a place with that kind of diversity is a positive thing and keeps people objective.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

You confused me again,

The OP created this whole thread to show how much better he is in comparison to the culture he hates ergo he is looking for a group of people to elevate himself over. He needs someone to feel better than.

So you are defending that culture then?

Do you defend the KKK culture, or the Black Panther culture?

Are you "better" than them?
edit on 26-3-2012 by WhatAreThey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
All stereotypes are rooted in a bit of truth....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Ya think?

I guess I was not looking that deep into his psyche, but found the topic as a way to communicate our own experiences.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I know some " thugz", OP, as you described them ( I guess you would call me a punk), that were the nicest people, friendly, giving and actually not violent or gangster at all.

Go home bigots and educate yourselves
Peace

Oh, you know some nice drug dealers who harass people for stepping on their turf?

Let me ask you a question: Do you like the culture of the KKK or the Black Panthers or do you judge each one of them as individuals?

Both are sub-cultures of a class of individuals with a belief system. You can dislike their belief system, their organization and thus the people involved with it. Though I do think this is a little more complicated that just a few paragraphs on forum.

Would the Black Panther Party exist without its father, the KKK? Or are they exclusive?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Ya think?

If you knew why did you ask?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Ya think?

If you knew why did you ask?

I was not agreeing with you, I was asking you.
edit on 023131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I agree I mean at least in my area black people do fit the stereotype. I mean the thing is how many white people or any other race for that matter do you see that falls into the thug category? I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with black people and i know that a very large majority of black people dont fit the stereotype. I mean if people have a problem with being stereotyped then just dont follow the stereotype.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by takaris7

reply to post by Chamberf=6

I know some " thugz", OP, as you described them ( I guess you would call me a punk), that were the nicest people, friendly, giving and actually not violent or gangster at all.

Go home bigots and educate yourselves
Peace

Oh, you know some nice drug dealers who harass people for stepping on their turf?

Let me ask you a question: Do you like the culture of the KKK or the Black Panthers or do you judge each one of them as individuals?

Both are sub-cultures of a class of individuals with a belief system. You can dislike their belief system, their organization and thus the people involved with it. Though I do think this is a little more complicated that just a few paragraphs on forum.

Would the Black Panther Party exist without its father, the KKK? Or are they exclusive?

I think the BPP was probably created from sociocultral blowback just as the KKK was. I doubt it was a direct reaction to the KKK.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I was not agreeing with you, I was asking you.
edit on 023131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I'm going to be honest-Talking with you is always impossible. I didn't say you were agreeing with me. I asked why you said that if you knew what I was getting at.

This guy is on a soapbox, he doesn't care what your experiences are.

And can I just say I will be very glad when the newest outrage rolls around and you guys forget about this martin-zimmerman mess and find something else to fight about.
edit on 26-3-2012 by antonia because: forgot something

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well, where I'm from we don't like rednecks who live in trailers with 5 kids on welfare who are missing their teeth. We don't like these people going to Wal-Mart in their PJ's. We don't like their disjointed English. We don't like their jacked up trucks with missing mufflers or their dirt track races at midnight keeping everyone awake. We don't like their loud ass twangy music about getting drunk on saturday. We don't like their stunning lack of knowledge about the world around them. We don't like their brokeass trailers.

I see what you did there and thought I'd do it too.

I really dont think that this is even close to what the OP wrote. This isnt a stereotype of a certain race this is a stereotype of a redneck which is a true stereotype for rednecks just like the stereotype of a thug. but what is being discussed is that being a thug is a stereotype for black people.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You just went from cultural to extremist groups and that drug dealer thing...
Well you as an individual, I can now judge, you are an A-hole, first class son!

You are just ignorant, just plain ignorant you bigot.

Not a word more for you, freakin' waste of time. Man ATS sucks ass, such stupid people up in here.

And I know you you're the type to put in meanings in others words.
Did I mention drug dealers? No. Were we talking about race and culture or just extremist groups? See because you mentioned these in your post and I did not, maybe I missed it? Maybe I went and erased my own words without...

I'm done here

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Im I the only one finding it hard to take this thread seriously? A member with a norse god as an avatar telling me that racism is a farce?!? REALLY!?! Im 31, and just because I havent personally experienced age discrimination, it would be pretty ignorant of me to say it doesn't exist.

So I take it you think the movie "Thor" is somehow racist too? And if I am Norse than I am racist?

#1 Don't put words in my mouth
#2 Stop trying to use deflection
#3 If you can't find the correlation between the racism and age discrimination as far as perception and lack of personal experience of it in my post, that's a failure on your part as the observer.

You let me know what you bring Thor into this, and I'll stop putting words in your mouth.

Before you do that, you are obviously racist and hate norse gods.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You just went from cultural to extremist groups and that drug dealer thing...
Well you as an individual, I can now judge, you are an A-hole, first class son!

You are just ignorant, just plain ignorant you bigot.

Not a word more for you, freakin' waste of time. Man ATS sucks ass, such stupid people up in here.

And I know you you're the type to put in meanings in others words.
Did I mention drug dealers? No. Were we talking about race and culture or just extremist groups? See because you mentioned these in your post and I did not, maybe I missed it? Maybe I went and erased my own words without...

I'm done here

So you think splitting hairs makes a point? All the groups I have described can certainly be classified into cultures. There even exists "Office Culture" and "Corporate Culture". KKK and Black Panthers may be extremist groups, but they certainly have their own internal culture. If you choose not to recognize that, that is not my problem.

One definition of culture is: "The set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution, organization, or group"

So you see, you are completely wrong.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm going to be honest-Talking with you is always impossible.

Really?

As I see it, it isn't just a Zimmerman, Martin issue, but something that plagues humanity, why do you even respond to me?

See, here it is in a nut shell, you don't agree with me on an issue and instead of communicating resort to a personal insult.

I imagine you don't agree with me on many issues, and have formed your own personally opinion of me, and are just itching for an argument.

See how that works?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join