It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is mostly a farce

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Im I the only one finding it hard to take this thread seriously? A member with a norse god as an avatar telling me that racism is a farce?!? REALLY!?! Im 31, and just because I havent personally experienced age discrimination, it would be pretty ignorant of me to say it doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

to what extent do "we exist together?" I'm not saying you are not diverse because clearly you and yours is. i say we as people. do you interact with all these people on a daily basis (not just your family). do you talk to them or just give them a head nod, or avoid contact all together. thats still existing together, but only to an extent

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And BTW I love having this conversation, I think it is good to talk about these things.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
From my observations the hip hop culture got hijacked sometime around the late 80's and went from an art form with tales of fun, parties and yes hardship towards a culture based on excessive violence, hustler lifestyle, misogyny and materialism on steroids. It also promotes alpha male machismo, homophobia and glorifies ignorance.

I have seen it first hand, I'm from the mecca of Hip Hop NYC and grew up in the 80's and 90's. I was a fan at one point, but have since outgrown it because I see the circus clown show for what it is. True hip hop speaks about struggles while trying to uplift and educate. That form has been delegated to underground while mainstream hip hop is all about show, flash and is hollow at it's core.

Personally being the conspiracy theorist that I am, I believe it was done that way for a reason. The music industry controls what gets put out and what doesn't. What better way to influence newer generations of black and minority youths then by music, lifestyle and mentality? Hip hop (Mainstream that is) has done more to destroy the communities of color than the crack epidemic.

Until the Black, latino and white communities (urbanized) face this reality, children will continue to die senselessly and women will continue to be used and exploited.

That being said, that Kid did not deserve being killed for the ignorance and bigoted hatred of that man. Zimmerman has a bounty on his head, but that's what happens when you operate out of hatred....sooner or later hatred comes your way.

edit on 26-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

to what extent do "we exist together?" I'm not saying you are not diverse because clearly you and yours is. i say we as people. do you interact with all these people on a daily basis (not just your family). do you talk to them or just give them a head nod, or avoid contact all together. thats still existing together, but only to an extent

Just like any other neighborhood, actually I doubt they would accept me on the west side.

I love the inner-city feel.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Im I the only one finding it hard to take this thread seriously? A member with a norse god as an avatar telling me that racism is a farce?!? REALLY!?! Im 31, and just because I havent personally experienced age discrimination, it would be pretty ignorant of me to say it doesn't exist.

So I take it you think the movie "Thor" is somehow racist too? And if I am Norse than I am racist?

link   
I do believe TPTB are pushing this racial agenda though.

Do you guys see it?

link   

Originally posted by antonia
Well, where I'm from we don't like rednecks who live in trailers with 5 kids on welfare who are missing their teeth. We don't like these people going to Wal-Mart in their PJ's. We don't like their disjointed English. We don't like their jacked up trucks with missing mufflers or their dirt track races at midnight keeping everyone awake. We don't like their loud ass twangy music about getting drunk on saturday. We don't like their stunning lack of knowledge about the world around them. We don't like their brokeass trailers.

I see what you did there and thought I'd do it too.

Homie, you went racist when you started stereotypically name calling. "rednecks" really? You lost credibility as soon as you started. The OP didn't call anyone a stereotypical racial slur like you did.

link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

hell yes. look I'm no saint, i can be racist and prejudice and stereotypical. and yes i believe it can be justified. a couple years ago i was driving in a bad neighborhood and stopped at a stop light, saw what most of ATS is describing as a "thug" these days and locked my car doors. The next thing i know someone is trying to open my driver side door and i just sped off. that prejudice/stereotyping saved me from getting car jacked. i feel it was justified

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

hell yes. look I'm no saint, i can be racist and prejudice and stereotypical. and yes i believe it can be justified. a couple years ago i was driving in a bad neighborhood and stopped at a stop light, saw what most of ATS is describing as a "thug" these days and locked my car doors. The next thing i know someone is trying to open my driver side door and i just sped off. that prejudice/stereotyping saved me from getting car jacked. i feel it was justified

I agree with that, although I'm willing to bet some people would call "racism" the moment you locked your door!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

a couple years ago i was driving in a bad neighborhood

That's interesting because I have friends that criticize where I live and wont come into my neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Do you guys see it?

Of course they are. Divide and conquer is the way they operate, but lets not just stop at race relations lets look at politics, the sexes and religion. They use all those as tools to divide.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

lol yeah but they'd also be thanking me the moment there was someone there

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Do you guys see it?

Of course they are. Divide and conquer is the way they operate, but lets not just stop at race relations lets look at politics, the sexes and religion. They use all those as tools to divide.

Absolutely, we are so afraid to open up to one another, we have been so conditioned, afraid to have an opinion that differs.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey

Funny, I thought it was the cultures and sub-cultures that divided the masses. Most of the sub-cultures I've mentioned in this thread divide the masses and keep to their own cultural group.

Why else would a "China town" or a "little italy" pop-up? Why do "rednecks" usually live in the same area, congregate in the same area? Same goes for "thugs"..

Maybe they stick to their own sub cultures because there's safety in numbers and they're less likely to be discriminated against in a community of their peers.

I don't pick my neighbors based on their race, age, political ideologies or religious affiliations, and while we don't have issues in our community, it doesn't say that racism doesn't exist in other neighboring areas. (George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin less than 5 miles from here)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by antonia

Combine the two and you get today's "poor culture," so to speak. It's not the blacks who are being discriminated against, its the poor. It just so happens most minorities in America consist of poor people, which suggests that there is a sense of cultural imperialism within the predominantly white powers that be.

Hating poor people is as American as apple pie. It seems this whole thread is an exercise in finding someone to feel better than.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Me too, it sucks that the city has this stigma of danger on it. its a lot of fun if your careful though

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

So I take it you think the movie "Thor" is somehow racist too? And if I am Norse than I am racist?

#1 Don't put words in my mouth
#2 Stop trying to use deflection
#3 If you can't find the correlation between the racism and age discrimination as far as perception and lack of personal experience of it in my post, that's a failure on your part as the observer.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
...he's climb'n in yo' windows, he's snatch'n yo people up, tryin' ta rape 'em, so ya'll need ta hide ya kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husbands too, cuz' they done rape'n everybody out here!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Me too, it sucks that the city has this stigma of danger on it. its a lot of fun if your careful though

I know the suburbs seem so sterile and boring,

oops did, I just stereotype?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join