It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is mostly a farce

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by WhatAreThey

Although, your use of the term "redneck" is funny. Is it something that you can only apply to a certain race?

Nope, you can find rednecks of all colors where I live.
www.urbandictionary.com...

Nice. You can find "thugs" of all colors where I live too. I don't prefer to associate with anyone who adopts the culture, no matter what color they are because the both the "thug" and the "redneck" culture is highly associated with nefarious and immoral activities.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey
I find it absolutely hilarious how you people get on your high horses and call someone "racist" and think you are soooo much better than them - like you have just pulled the wools from everyone else's eyes and exposed this person for being a raaacccciiiiissstt.

Most of us are not racist. We are more... "culturalist".

We don't like thugs who wear pants down to their ankles revealing their underwear for everyone to see, speak in gibberish, attempt to legitimize a corruption of a language, replace their teeth with tinfoil/diamonds/gold, have huge obnoxious tires and blast loud vulgar music for all to hear. Those who have 6 kids by 6 different daddy's. Those who don't know who the father of their children are. We don't like the culture of walking around harassing people because someone looked at them funny. We don't like the culture of highly disproportionate crime rates, violence, rape, and drug use. We don't like the general disrespect and selfishness the culture has. We don't like the lack of self-improvement or the attitude of entitlement. The culture of victimization and persecution from white people. We don't like the culture of placing blame on the white man. We don't like the culture of staying on welfare while you go out and make tons of money selling drugs.

This culture exists. PC has allowed for a large group of people to adopt the above culture and be protected behind a curtain of politically correct sheep who defend any criticism or discrimination of the above by labeling it "racist" by inherently assuming that the above culture is the culture of the inner city black person.

I don't see very many issues of racism in the ATS forums, but that doesn't mean that the issues don't exist. As a minority I know firsthand that it exists, and that many of the offenders are idiots with the IQ of a hamster.

What I find sad is that many of the racism complaints originate in threads exactly like this one, which is used to divide the masses.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You make valid points all around.
It's proof that racism is much more nuanced than many see.

But as far as making a big deal, they're are still many many racists.
And they're beliefs affect people everyday. They won't hire those they are
prejudiced against,(unless it's grunt work). Also they won't give them the
benefit of the doubt when there's a question as to whose right in a situation,
when it involves a person who is from the same background as the prejudice person.

Also... As a white dude, occasionally I get around some crazy racists,
& they assume you are down with slurs, jokes and rants. Just because
you're white. I've lived in Texas my whole life and I'm here to say
Racism is alive and well.

edit on 26-3-2012 by sealing because: grammar

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

I find it absolutely hilarious how you people get on your high horses and call someone "racist" and think you are soooo much better than them - like you have just pulled the wools from everyone else's eyes and exposed this person for being a raaacccciiiiissstt.

Most of us are not racist. We are more... "culturalist".

We don't like thugs who wear pants down to their ankles revealing their underwear for everyone to see, speak in gibberish, attempt to legitimize a corruption of a language, replace their teeth with tinfoil/diamonds/gold, have huge obnoxious tires and blast loud vulgar music for all to hear. Those who have 6 kids by 6 different daddy's. Those who don't know who the father of their children are. We don't like the culture of walking around harassing people because someone looked at them funny. We don't like the culture of highly disproportionate crime rates, violence, rape, and drug use. We don't like the general disrespect and selfishness the culture has. We don't like the lack of self-improvement or the attitude of entitlement. The culture of victimization and persecution from white people. We don't like the culture of placing blame on the white man. We don't like the culture of staying on welfare while you go out and make tons of money selling drugs.

This culture exists. PC has allowed for a large group of people to adopt the above culture and be protected behind a curtain of politically correct sheep who defend any criticism or discrimination of the above by labeling it "racist" by inherently assuming that the above culture is the culture of the inner city black person.

I don't see very many issues of racism in the ATS forums, but that doesn't mean that the issues don't exist. As a minority I know firsthand that it exists, and that many of the offenders are idiots with the IQ of a hamster.

What I find sad is that many of the racism complaints originate in threads exactly like this one, which is used to divide the masses.

Funny, I thought it was the cultures and sub-cultures that divided the masses. Most of the sub-cultures I've mentioned in this thread divide the masses and keep to their own cultural group.

Why else would a "China town" or a "little italy" pop-up? Why do "rednecks" usually live in the same area, congregate in the same area? Same goes for "thugs"..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Although, your use of the term "redneck" is funny. Is it something that you can only apply to a certain race?

Whats with the redneck stuff, and my daughter lives in a trailer, my family came from the Appalachians, and , my father from Austria,
my son in law is full blooded Sioux, and the biggest redneck I know, do you know how NA's live on the reservation?
edit on 013131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Whats with the redneck stuff, and my daughter lives in a trailer, my family came from the Appalachians, and , my father from Austria,
my son in law is full blooded Sioux, and the biggest redneck I know, do you know how NA's live on the reservation?

So are you calling your daughter a redneck?

Do you think some people call their son's thugs?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Why do "rednecks" usually live in the same area, congregate in the same area? Same goes for "thugs"..

Do they?

I live in the inner city in a multicultural neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Do you know where the term redneck originated?

and if my son was acting like a thug I would tell him so.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Funny, I thought it was the cultures and sub-cultures that divided the masses. Most of the sub-cultures I've mentioned in this thread divide the masses and keep to their own cultural group. Why else would a "China town" or a "little italy" pop-up? Why do "rednecks" usually live in the same area, congregate in the same area? Same goes for "thugs"..

So... you're more of an equal opportunity hater?

btw: What is your culture that is so advanced and superior to all those you have mentioned?
edit on 3/26/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Why else would a "China town" or a "little italy" pop-up? Why do "rednecks" usually live in the same area, congregate in the same area? Same goes for "thugs"..

i would say most likely its because they were born there and they don't have the financial means to leave

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Why do "rednecks" usually live in the same area, congregate in the same area? Same goes for "thugs"..

Do they?

I live in the inner city in a multicultural neighborhood.

They must. I haven't seen too many trailerpark/housing project areas. Have you? It would be pretty funny to see these two groups co-exist peacefully.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

But we do exist together.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

i would say most likely its because they were born there and they don't have the financial means to leave

So are you saying that people in China-town are poor, as well as people in little italy. Isn't that stereotyping?

Or are you just saying that those socioeconmic groups/cultures are generally poor?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

to what extent though?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'm being sarcastic. It's all a bunch of stereotypical crap and it's ridiculous. As for your hang up about rednecks-Most take that term as a badge of honor you know. Heck, my husband is a redneck (literally) and he's never gotten mad when I tell him.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

to what extent though?

What do you mean?

I live in an interracial community, I am mixed, I had a black son in law, and my great granddaughter is mixed, and I am married to an Irishman, my other son in law is Sioux,

Extent what?

What do you mean?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

So are you saying that people in China-town are poor, as well as people in little italy. Isn't that stereotyping?

Or are you just saying that those socioeconmic groups/cultures are generally poor?

Ummm yeah. and yes that is stereotyping. these people all live together usually A) because they all speak the same language, or B) they're poor so they stay close to their families and the people who help them out. wouldn't you?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Combine the two and you get today's "poor culture," so to speak. It's not the blacks who are being discriminated against, its the poor. It just so happens most minorities in America consist of poor people, which suggests that there is a sense of cultural imperialism within the predominantly white powers that be.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ummm yeah. and yes that is stereotyping. these people all live together usually A) because they all speak the same language, or B) they're poor so they stay close to their families and the people who help them out. wouldn't you?

So stereotyping is not necessarily a bad thing as some people contend? Sometimes stereotyping is perfectly justifiable?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I don't have a hang up about rednecks, only when used in a derogatory manner, and you are correct most do wear it as a badge of honor,

Proud of my Appalachian heritage and parents that were coal miners and blacksmiths.

Race was never an issue in my home, I am shocked at all the racial tension in this world today,

I came out of the "Free Methodist" church( look it up)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join