It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is mostly a farce

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Originally posted by WhatAreThey
Are you a cultural anthropologist? In fact, the definitions I use support the anthropological definitions and vice-versa. For example, one definition of race in the anthropological sense is:

"an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, especially formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups. "

So, I am not the only one that mentions skin color. Apparently, not only do you not know anything about cultural anthropology, but you do not understand the nuances of linguistics.

No I am not, nor am I an arrogant child looking to make a name for themselves on the forum, as you truly seem to be to me right now. You have been rude and condescending more than once, so i'll follow suit

You were not classifying cultures in the sense of an anthropologist, you simply jumped on that due to my use of a dictionary definition of the term "culturalist". You are neither an anthrapologist, nor a culturalist, you are just someone hell bent on wanting to justify his hate of others on cultural diversity, when in fact it is more racism than anything else.

You also seem to wish to negate all the racist acts which have happened in the history of man kind, which also had nothing to do with skin colour.

Nuances of linguistics have nothing to do with trying to negate the term racism and dress it up in a cultural diversification dress. Keep kidding yourself, bigot.

I have nothing more to say to you.

T
edit on 27-3-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

Again, you are internally associating a culture with a distinct race.

This does not mean I am racist. In fact, it doesn't mean you are racist either - it means you are creating and or preserving a framework where you are not allowing yourself to critically judge the culture lest you deem yourself racist - since it is demonstrably obvious that you can not separate the two.

You may argue against my illustrations of alignment to your prior concerns regarding semantics, however that does not make me wrong nor make my claims any less substantial. It only shows that you are deflecting what is important.

Furthermore, your conclusivity to the fallacious appeal-to-authority establishes you as one who is not in complete control of their mental faculties; In no way does it make a point upon me but upon the conditioning which you have had applied to you by TPTB.

Good riddance.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

So you ignore my whole post and just quote that part. Selective reading, but I understand because this is a very dividing subject and most people hold dear their positions. I was not saying "blame whitey" or anything like that I was responding to a poster in particular and addressing his post.

Yes i just kinda picked up on the bit were i was indirectly charged with any crime ever commited by a white person past or present and for some instinctive reason thought maybe i should put up some sort of defence.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

just thought I would throw this one out there its a few lines from an old film

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Fair enough.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This whole OP is silly, I have been in several states and several communities some mixed with Mexicans, some with African Americans of the thug variety, some with affluent African Americans, some affluent white people and some rednecks and i am here to tell you racism is alive and well no matter where you are and it is not just limited to white folks. The Mexicans hate the Blacks and Whites, the "thugs" hate the Whites the Mexicans and other Blacks, The Affluent blacks hate thugs and rednecks and any other white folk whom they feel has affected them, the affluent White folks hate everyone while going to the extreme to seem PC, the rednecks hate everyone as well except they don't feel the need to be PC and the working man regardless of color all hate the affluent 1% who never had to work a day in their life or who made millions scamming their way to the top.. To sum it up racism is not dead its alive and well no matter what circle your in. You want to stop racism good luck no amount of political correctness is going to stop it the only thing you can to to stop it is make everyone the same, otherwise anytime someone commits a crime against another person or is arrested or is denied a promotion or job the first assumption will be racism and will only harbor more hate.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darthdamo74

I like the clip, but you had a bit of a problem when posting the video. Here, I fixed it for you:

Just remember, language is a funny thing, and there's two sides to every coin. A word can hold radically different meanings, depending on its context:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So far, this thread has told us nothing about racism that we didn't already know.

Rehash of a rehash.

Next, please.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

though I don't know about your last few thoughts/ sentences..lol..

I believe that your begining summation is correct.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by T3hEn1337ened

thanks first attempt at posting a video on here I think I know where I went

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
You make valid points all around.
It's proof that racism is much more nuanced than many see.

But as far as making a big deal, they're are still many many racists.
And they're beliefs affect people everyday. They won't hire those they are
prejudiced against,(unless it's grunt work). Also they won't give them the
benefit of the doubt when there's a question as to whose right in a situation,
when it involves a person who is from the same background as the prejudice person.

Also... As a white dude, occasionally I get around some crazy racists,
& they assume you are down with slurs, jokes and rants. Just because
you're white. I've lived in Texas my whole life and I'm here to say
Racism is alive and well.

edit on 26-3-2012 by sealing because: grammar

Thank you for acknowledging that racism is alive and kicking as there are those who will swear it died in the 60's or when Obama was elected.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is a stupid topic. If racism didn't exist then the KKK wouldn't either. or mass amounts of people calling the Muslims mosters and terrorists simply because they are muslim.

Please don't be ignorant about the issues facing our society.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

I enjoyed this string and not sure how many missed the point, and you are right. I am an american, a true mutt of many races. I learned one thing that is true, we all bleed red. Cultural bias has been mislabeled as racism. Race is a false pretense anyways, brought about by controlling bodies at any given era in time.

Eygptians - black descent, used to rule the known world in there era, they bought white european decesent slaves. Everyone ones to go back a couple of hundred years weight the whole system on something that has gone on for thousands of years, regardless of the color of ones skin.

We should have the right, not to associate, nor support a culture we do not like nor condone. Rednecks, Gangstas, Motorcycle Gangs, you name it.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

Actually im 1/4 black african, but that is irrelevant im human....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
How about this for some culture?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Your speaking to a fan. My post was intended to parody the OP, who dislikes a particular sub-cultural group without acknowledging the redicuolousness and excesses of his own. However, American culture, particularly what I would call non-culture (excess, fast food, predictable -ussually bad- but high grossing movies, silicon valley culture and so forth) is another major export which is pretty disgusting.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
How about this for some culture?

Wow , gun crazy is all thats about , it's senseless violence in a perpetual vicious cycle of revenge .
my gangs better than yours , dont come in my hood or I'll rob n shoot you , rinse repeat.

In a way at least they are self medicating the situation by taking each other out , it's the innocent lives
that are ruined along the way that make it worse.

Have you seen the interrupters ?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

or this?

edit on 28-3-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

It happened, but does that happen any longer? We have moved on, but it appears that the African American community has some major issues to address.....the culture that was shown in that video, while may not be a majority, is a significant portion of their demographic.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
seems like everyone is dodging the race bullet. but thats impossible, you can only sweep it under the rug for so long eventually there is no more room under there because there is now a mountain of bs under the rug and to the op who made you king of the world. If someone anyone wants to wear "pants on the ground", "grills" "hoodies" etc in the hip hop style who are you to judge ? what makes you so superior that you are above the herd? sorry to burst your intellectual bubble your not. I used to be like you thinking myself better than others due to the knowledge I possess. but then i awoke to the reality were all on this prison planet together no one more special than another. you know it's attitudes like yours that create the george zimmermans of the world "judge first by appearances alone"
you are like shallow hal blind to the true beauty around you because of your pre-concieved notions of what is acceptable. this is bs with a capital B. were all racists we all judge based on appearance the true enlightened human realizes he is racist accepts this then tries to overcome it

Dressing and acting a certain way makes one person no more superior than another;however, you have absolutely no business expecting people to not draw conclusions about you based on your dress, mannerisms, speech patterns etc.

The idea that everyone should treat everyone else as not inferior intellectually, physically, etc, based on appearance is logically invalid, because while there will be exceptions, the vast majority will fall into that category in reality.

Besides, unlike race, gender etc... you have a choice as to how you act, speak, dress, etc..

It is the greatest idiocy to expect anything different.

Jaden

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join