It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is mostly a farce

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey
I find it absolutely hilarious how you people get on your high horses and call someone "racist" and think you are soooo much better than them - like you have just pulled the wools from everyone else's eyes and exposed this person for being a raaacccciiiiissstt.

Most of us are not racist. We are more... "culturalist".

We don't like thugs who wear pants down to their ankles revealing their underwear for everyone to see, speak in gibberish, attempt to legitimize a corruption of a language, replace their teeth with tinfoil/diamonds/gold, have huge obnoxious tires and blast loud vulgar music for all to hear. Those who have 6 kids by 6 different daddy's. Those who don't know who the father of their children are. We don't like the culture of walking around harassing people because someone looked at them funny. We don't like the culture of highly disproportionate crime rates, violence, rape, and drug use. We don't like the general disrespect and selfishness the culture has. We don't like the lack of self-improvement or the attitude of entitlement. The culture of victimization and persecution from white people. We don't like the culture of placing blame on the white man. We don't like the culture of staying on welfare while you go out and make tons of money selling drugs.

This culture exists. PC has allowed for a large group of people to adopt the above culture and be protected behind a curtain of politically correct sheep who defend any criticism or discrimination of the above by labeling it "racist" by inherently assuming that the above culture is the culture of the inner city black person.

You do know that there is real discrimination that makes doing said things more feasible.But yeah racism is a convenient tool the TPTB use to get us back into a confused discombobulated,emotionally off balanced mental state instead of a ordered,cooperative, disciplined state.

Its worked for thousands of years why not use it now? We still haven't wised up to the ol' tribalism playbook they have. Why haven't we caught on yet? because it works off your emotions/base urges not your intellect.
They have studied us well.
edit on 27-3-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

as you stated a few responses down, you deal in what is "classy". So you're really NOT culturist as you just called out subgenres within a culture you deem 'benath you"

you are classist. Which is understandable , except for the individuals whom you idolize equate you to the poor white trash living in trailers (strictly from a dollars and cents perspective , of course)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 59demon
I tend to agree with the OP. I do not like the urban culture. If that makes me racist, so be it. On a side note, most people would consider me a redneck. I own and drive two El Caminos. I live in a trailer out in the country. I wear boots, jeans, and a Jack Daniels belt buckle. I listen to country music. I work at an auto repair shop. I speak with a twang. I say 'Y'all". The list goes on, HOWEVER, I am highly educated, considerate, and well-spoken. I will concede that there are always exceptions to the rules, but stereotypes exist for a reason and I've been judged and understand why it happens.

The difference with me is I don't care what others think of me. Take me as I am, or get lost.

If youre working at an auto shop and not owning it your not THAT intelligent. also , do you own the land your mobile home is on? if being intelligent is your saving grace , though you dress, look ,drive and work like a red neck - who is to say that some black people in the "ghettos" aren't intelligent.

Also , for everyone to say that they are not racist - why (of all the melting pot in this land) are people calling out "black characteristics" and then throwing "others" in an after thought?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

"Now what most people call a redneck, he ain't nothin' but a workin' man and he makes his living with the seweat of his brow and the calluses on his hands. . ." -Charlie Daniels.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tbonethedstroyer
reply to post by antonia

"Now what most people call a redneck, he ain't nothin' but a workin' man and he makes his living with the seweat of his brow and the calluses on his hands. . ." -Charlie Daniels.

www.youtube.com...

Wasn't Charlie Daniels a redneck with a guitar?

Of course he'd say that.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tbonethedstroyer

Yes the "redneck" was a step above the "slave" in modern times.

They get this name from the "disgraceful" practice of having to work in the fields . southern "rednecks" and black people actually enjoyed a somewhat cohabital existence until black people wanted rights , and then the elite played the rednecks like a fiddle dangling the carrot in front of their nose.

If the hardworking "redneck" subculture knew what was good for them they would stop believing everything the "consertative" political pundits tell them.

That "ghetto" black man is more likely to be down in the fields with you sipping on some brandy and smoking a malborro- than that talking head in that $300 brooks brothers shirt (worn to make himself seem more "down home" )

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr3dboot

For me, I have to agree that a vast majority of people are not racist.
That being said, I do have concerns about entitlements given to any specific ethnic group just because of a color.

If I had a NAWP (National association of white people) group that helped white people only for things such as loans etc wouldn't it be fair since there is a NAACP? I think so.

Affirmative action is also a joke. Do you realize that this nation requires employers to pass over more qualified applicants if a minority applies but scores lower on an entrance exam?

Being told day after day by the media that even after 200 years white people still owe black people something because of slavery just fuels the fire.

Here's my idea. No more entitlements, no more affirmative action, no color specific organizations. Just people who regardless of skin color are treated equally period.

I agree that AA isn't solving anything and just adds to the fire, but I think you are seriously downplaying the amount of discrimination on people of color especially black people. It seems that you believe that everyone has equal footing which is not the case. One look at income disparity, overrepresentation of people of color in the prison system, a justice system that isn't blind (as in minorities not being treated equally in regards to sentences and leniency), the quality of education in public schools that are primarily minority and undercover racism particularly in middle class trade jobs, and upper level banking/wall street sector.

You also do not realize the effect of taking a race's identity by eliminating their roots and culture forcibly, treating them as second class citizens after slavery, subjecting generations to lynch mobs and segregation and the CIA and FBI flooding their neighborhoods with heroin and crack coc aine. Socioeconomics has shown us that this isn't as simple as "get over it:.

This is not to say they are victims, because they are not. They are powerful human beings that have not met their potential which I think they will eventually. But this subject matter is rather complicated and to assume that they are on equal footing without context isn't the way to go. Is it your direct fault? No, but if you are white then that means that as a race you must take accountability for actions in the past as well as actions that continue to this day.

In my other post I criticized the hip hop culture and it's effect on people of color (and their culture) as well as the negative effect on their reputation. They must acknowledge that and make real strives for correcting that. If you act like a Neanderthal and glorify it you will be associated with it. Hustling, pimping, sleeping around, mug shotting, having multiple baby mamas are all things that are encouraged almost according to that culture (hip hop) and that must be stopped and reversed.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I find it absolutely hilarious how you people get on your high horses and call someone "racist"

Most of us are not racist. We are more... "culturalist".

We don't like thugs who wear pants down to their ankles revealing their underwear for everyone to see, speak in gibberish, attempt to legitimize a corruption of a language, replace their teeth with tinfoil/diamonds/gold, have huge obnoxious tires and blast loud vulgar music for all to hear. Those who have 6 kids by 6 different daddy's. Those who don't know who the father of their children are. We don't like the culture of walking around harassing people because someone looked at them funny. We don't like the culture of highly disproportionate crime rates, violence, rape, and drug use. We don't like the general disrespect and selfishness the culture has. We don't like the lack of self-improvement or the attitude of entitlement. The culture of victimization and persecution from white people. We don't like the culture of placing blame on the white man. We don't like the culture of staying on welfare while you go out and make tons of money selling drugs.

I'm not exactly sure who you're speaking for, OP, but I would argue that categorizing all these different traits as a culture is perhaps a little too extreme? It's certainly a lifestyle, though I don't think I know anyone who all, or even most, of the things on that list apply to. The problem isn't so much that we can name specific traits that we dislike in certain people, but more that we see one or two of these traits in someone and instantly assume that the rest are true. From there, it's just a matter of associating those traits with a certain race, and you're a racist.

For some reason this becomes a major problem for people, like having prejudices is some form of social leprosy, and that anyone who's prejudiced should be shunned from society. Instead, we all just need to try to understand each other a little better. Just as there's a reason for why the people we judge do the things they do, there's also a reason why we judge them.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if you are homeless, a mailman, a doctor, a soldier, or the President of the United States, you can both hate and be hated because of the color of your skin.

This happens every day.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

It's "Marlboro". Those are my favorite brand...Marlboro Red 100's.

Also, work is no longer needed. We have robots assembling cars without human guidance. We have corn growing in labs. Why on earth do we need anyone in the field? What's a field, even?

Do you see my point?

I was just discussing this with a friend, actually. The government has every ability to make this nation into a utopia. But obviously, that's not what they're aiming for. What on earth are they aiming for, then? With racism and discrimination and unemployment and gargantuan military funding that's taking half of its money from the powered-down NASA...

What is our government aiming for? What's the final goal?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Racism = divide and conquer

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
It doesn't matter if you are homeless, a mailman, a doctor, a soldier, or the President of the United States, you can both hate and be hated because of the color of your skin.

This happens every day.

Since racism against color is no longer valid within the States, the people have decided to move on to the next best thing: nationality.

"Oh mah gawd, he's Islam! Dagnab that durn Muslim! Send him back to those Arabs!" See, religon/nationality has replaced discrimination by color.

It will never end...not as long as there are differences. More and more, I am appreciating the genius of Dr. Seuss:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

The last ditch of a dying empire is to inflate its military while it's infrastructure collapses to give the illusion of prosperity.

The United States of America are over.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Correct, but incomplete.

Hatred = Divide and Conquer

Racism is only one face of hatred.

Don't you just love being a member of the most "intelligent" species on the planet?
edit on CTuesdayam020255f55America/Chicago27 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Incorrect.

Hatred = Divide and Conquer

Racism is only one face of hatred.

edit on CTuesdayam222254f54America/Chicago27 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

True, let's call it a proxy war then.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

oh how well articulated. It brings this to mind:

A friend of mines parents actually attended (or not attended) Prince Edward County schools in Virgina. Instead of integrating , as the country was forced to do by law, the county just decided to CLOSE the school for 5 years.
In turn , the county used grants and tuitution so that all of the white students could go to school for free at a "private acadamy" effectively rendering a 5 year gap for black childrens public education ( keep in mind at this point black schools had been dissembled , and black teachers had been integrated into white schools that were not hiring them)

The point: How do you expect people in this area who were denied an education to fairly compete? This was just the 1950s mind you.

You may read more about the historic discrimination hree:
en.wikipedia.org...:_the_only_school_district_in_the_U.S._to_close_for_5_years

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
To anybody that thinks they are not racist I extend an invitation to Milwaukee so that I can give you a personalized tour of those fun adventurelands commonly referred to as the ghetto. I promise you won't feel comfortable walking down the street. Let's see how many times I am harassed for having pale skin. Let us then ride the bus and examine the behavior of everyone that gets on. Especially the 15-18 year olds. What do they want to be 'when they grow up?' Gs, thugs, and hoodlums. That's what. Who started the St Paddys day Water Street fights? Who attacked the state fair patrons last year? We know the answers but what do you expect from a generation that takes its character inspirations from 50 Cent and Lil Wayne? You idolize scumbags and eventually you find yourself incorporating those qualities into your own personality.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
White family's have benefited more from AA then any other group

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Exactly mate , hiphop was hijacked by the media and the government then twisted it into a culture of hate propigation!.... .

Check out the differences between the lyrics of struggle from the past and compare them to lets say err lil wayne lol.

Here's the Message by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. It is timeless and relevant today -

It's like a jungle sometimes
It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under

Broken glass everywhere
People pissin' on the stairs, you know they just don't care
I can't take the smell, can't take the noise
Got no money to move out, I guess I got no choice
Rats in the front room, roaches in the back
Junkies in the alley with a baseball bat
I tried to get away but I couldn't get far
'cuz a man with a tow truck repossessed my car

Don't push me 'cuz I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head
Uh huh ha ha ha

Standin' on the front stoop hangin' out the window
Watchin' all the cars go by, roarin' as the breezes blow
Crazy lady, livin' in a bag
Eatin' outta garbage pails, used to be a fag hag
Said she'll dance the tango, skip the light fandango
A Zircon princess seemed to lost her senses
Down at the peep show watchin' all the creeps
So she can tell her stories to the girls back home
She went to the city and got social security
She had to get a pimp, she couldn't make it on her own

Uh huh ha ha ha

My brother's doin' bad, stole my mother's TV
Says she watches too much, it's just not healthy
"All My Children" in the daytime, "Dallas" at night
Can't even see the game or the Sugar Ray fight
The bill collectors, they ring my phone
and scare my wife when I'm not home
Got a bum education, double-digit inflation
Can't take the train to the job, there's a strike at the station
Neon King Kong standin' on my back
Can't stop to turn around, broke my sacroiliac
A mid-range migraine, cancered membrane
Sometimes I think I'm goin' insane
I swear I might hijack a plane!

My son said, Daddy, I don't wanna go to school
'cuz the teacher's a jerk, he must think I'm a fool
And all the kids smoke reefer, I think it'd be cheaper
if I just got a job, learned to be a street sweeper
Or dance to the beat, shuffle my feet
Wear a shirt and tie and run with the creeps
'cuz it's all about money, ain't a damn thing funny
You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey
They pushed that girl in front of the train
Took her to the doctor, sewed her arm on again
Stabbed that man right in his heart
Gave him a transplant for a brand new start
I can't walk through the park 'cuz it's crazy after dark
Keep my hand on my gun 'cuz they got me on the run
I feel like a outlaw, broke my last glass jaw
Hear them say "You want some more?"
Livin' on a see-saw

Say what?

A child is born with no state of mind
Blind to the ways of mankind
God is smilin' on you but he's frownin' too
Because only God knows what you'll go through
You'll grow in the ghetto livin' second-rate
And your eyes will sing a song called deep hate
The places you play and where you stay
Looks like one great big alleyway
You'll admire all the number-book takers
Thugs, pimps and pushers and the big money-makers
Drivin' big cars, spendin' twenties and tens
And you'll wanna grow up to be just like them, huh
Smugglers, scramblers, burglars, gamblers
Pickpocket peddlers, even panhandlers
You say I'm cool, huh, I'm no fool
But then you wind up droppin' outta high school
Now you're unemployed, all non-void
Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd
Turned stick-up kid, but look what you done did
Got sent up for a eight-year bid
Now your manhood is took and you're a Maytag
Spend the next two years as a undercover fag
Bein' used and abused to serve like hell
'til one day, you was found hung dead in the cell
It was plain to see that your life was lost
You was cold and your body swung back and forth
But now your eyes sing the sad, sad song
Of how you lived so fast and died so young so...

Uh huh huh huh huh

Huh, uh huh huh huh huh
Huh, uh huh huh huh huh

edit on 27-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It seems to me that *character*, not culture, is the issue here.

What I mean is that each individual should be looked at by their character--their moral standing/actions/responsibility of what all humans inherently know to be right or wrong--not the colour of their skin (MLK) or even their culture/background...anything else to me is at least generalising if not stereotyping.

I am a mutt...part Irish, English, Scottish, German, Dutch, and Native American. But I have pale skin, green eyes, and blondish-hair. How are you going to compartmentalize me into a certain race or culture? Individuals don't always fit into nicely ordered racial or cultural boxes with ribbons to identify them.

What then?

ETA:

edit on 27-3-2012 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join