It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may be homeless, need advice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Better move to a warmer climate state?
If you really sure this is where you end at least.

In my country we got the salvation army ''http://www.salvationarmy.org/''
If you are homeless get in contact with them.

Wish you all the best!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Im sure there are many members that would like to help out, including myself, but not knowing certain things will prevent this, including whether or not you are male or female.

There are lots of shelters for women, but the men's shelters are harder for men to deal with, so the tent option may come in handy. Its sounds like your already about to give up, so also knowing if you can save money in the time allotted, or may have other options, such as staying at a friends house for a while is relevant.

Without any of those things all I can do is wish you luck!

Peace, NRE.

I'm a 21 year old male.
As of now, I have about 2000 US dollars.
Unfortunately, no friends or family I can count on.

About 5 years ago i was in Tennessee, i did not have one single fricking penny in my wallet.
A few years later i am now owning 20+ websites and live "comfortably" from the money i am making, i don't need to leave the house anymore, i do not work for "someone" anymore. I am not rich, but i can pay my bills. Everyone can do this. You have a VERY negative attitude which you should overthink, really.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
CAN WE BLAME THE WELFARE STATE AND GOVERNMENT POLICIES YET FOR POST LIKE THIS...

PEOPLE WOULD RATHER COMMIT SUICIDE THAN DO SOMETHING FOR THEMSELVES

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Be homeless, join military, end up in jail, suicide or join a Catholic monastery..

You have plenty of time to prepare.

Homeless:

Used RV.
Houseboat.
Mobile home.

There is also a lot of land out there. You can go all out mountain man. A jungle hammock, pse tac-15, fishing gear and a few other biddles-and-babbles all easily containable in a decent pack. Need electronic? Get a solar pack also.

Mountain man can be suicidal, pass or fail, so two options in one.

Military:

Never take any advice on this other than research your options thoroughly, including militaries in alternative nations.

As well, soul search and make sure you are built for this mentally before you resolve to venture in this direction.

Suicide:

Yes this solves everything. All your problems resolved. Or are they? Only one way to find out.

Why in all of the graceless hell you would seek any others advice on this subject I just can not fathom.

Monasteries:

Nothing wrong with these. There similar alternative of these in nature also. Look around.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

If you are in the USA..please apply for JOB CORPS Now!! They will give you room and board..It will be like a college dorm..You will have plenty of food and they will provide Transportation!! This is Federal Based Program..one of the best that I have ever seen. You can train to work with HOmeland Security, become a Forest Ranger..which I think is a great one..or do whatever you decide to do!! They will take you up to the age of 24..this is a chance!! Child..Please Hold ON!! I know the Struggle!! You can make it please have Faith!

That there is your answer and stop feeling pity for yourself and get your ass away from the couch or computer and become active. Stop what ever your day to day habits are and move forward in life. There are thousands of option for those who classify themselves as fighters...!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Excellent answer he is 21 and they can enroll till 24. I went to Job Corps in NYC, and got a certificate for construction, got free room and board, and a weekly stipend. They except everyone, (almost), and is a great opportunity to get a hands on education even if you already have a H.S diploma you can enroll, and get a trade.

I was the first women to get a degree in construction at my J.C, and I was thankful as I was in a similar situation, but at 16. So, this should be a breeze for you.

Peace, NRE.

Here got the toll free number, as far as I can remember, you can move to other locations around the US.
www.jobcorps.gov...

edit on 26-3-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: To add

link   

You're missing two options.
Getting a job or get an education so you can get a job.
Life is what you make of it.
Make it a good one.

link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Im sure there are many members that would like to help out, including myself, but not knowing certain things will prevent this, including whether or not you are male or female.

There are lots of shelters for women, but the men's shelters are harder for men to deal with, so the tent option may come in handy. Its sounds like your already about to give up, so also knowing if you can save money in the time allotted, or may have other options, such as staying at a friends house for a while is relevant.

Without any of those things all I can do is wish you luck!

Peace, NRE.

I'm a 21 year old male.
As of now, I have about 2000 US dollars.
Unfortunately, no friends or family I can count on.

I recommend you pay about 600 dollars on a cheap hotel for 2 months until you find assistance or new job as others stated..

link   

If you are in the USA..please apply for JOB CORPS Now!! They will give you room and board..It will be like a college dorm..You will have plenty of food and they will provide Transportation!! This is Federal Based Program..one of the best that I have ever seen. You can train to work with HOmeland Security, become a Forest Ranger..which I think is a great one..or do whatever you decide to do!! They will take you up to the age of 24..this is a chance!! Child..Please Hold ON!! I know the Struggle!! You can make it please have Faith!

Thanks for reminding me about this. I didn't forget about this option, but I figured that after a few months there then I get a job and what If I get fired and then im back to square 1. Although the good thing is ill always have experience and a ceritificate
It sucks time is running out to apply there

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

What State are you in? Please look up Job Corps on line! They will help you! You can become anything you desire and they will help you!!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You can stay there for 2 years! You are still young enough to get in! When you get in..Just Focus and put everything that you are into it! I wish you Happiness! Sincerely, Amy in NC

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

www.jobcorps.gov...

www.jobcorps.gov... - LOCATIONS --> www.jobcorps.gov...

No ifs or buts, its a click away and again stop feeling pity for yourself.

EDIT: You have no idea how lucky you are to have this service in your country ( United States ) , there are many many nations in the world that DO NOT HAVE SUCH A SERVICE , so stop freaking out and just click...sheez sometimes i just dont get it.
edit on 26-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thanks for reminding me about this. I didn't forget about this option, but I figured that after a few months there then I get a job and what If I get fired and then im back to square 1. Although the good thing is ill always have experience and a ceritificate
It sucks time is running out to apply there

You need to work on your self confidence. You are your own worst enemy...not the possibility of being homeless. You are hopeless in your own mind. You need to get over your fear of failure. We are human beings, we all fail at some time in our lives. It's called a learning experience, not a reason to jump off a cliff.

Des

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The screwed up thing about being in a different city than the one im in now is that i think i would be in a more hostile/unknown environment

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You are 21, you have a savings (many americans dont), you are on the computer posting away instead of getting out there and making something of yourself.....

Get off of ATS, fill out job applications, even if it is being a janitor, and go to school and learn a trade. VOLUNTEER at homeless shelters/food banks.....

YOU are in charge of YOUR life. YOU are your worst enemy. Only YOU can keep yourself down.

Seriously, take the advice given, log off and go make something of yourself

Best of luck!!

edit on March 26th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I didn't forget about this option, but I figured that after a few months there then I get a job and what If I get fired and then im back to square 1.

Amazing how you manage it to see the the negative things only, someone just gave you excellent advice and all you can say is "what if...?".

You should look at all the successful people, multi-millionaires like Bill Gates, Zuckerberg etc...do you think they got successful and came to be what they are by pondering all the obstacles and "what ifs?" This is your main problem here.
edit on 26-3-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The screwed up thing about being in a different city than the one im in now is that i think i would be in a more hostile/unknown environment

Do you ever leave your home? Do you suffer from agoraphobia. I ask because you are showing so much fear at even making a move to help yourself.

Des

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If you're going to be this needy and whiny and feeling sorry for yourself while you're on the streets you'll be dead in a week. You'll be easy meat and fresh pickings.

That's how it is, flame away.

Whole thread smacks of attention seeking to me anyway.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Suicide:

Yes this solves everything. All your problems resolved. Or are they? Only one way to find out.

The number one reason why i think i dont want to commit suisice, im talking about the main main reason is because a fear of hell. It's messt up i have this fear of hell,
I'm not a Catholic or religious or anything although it can change.., but In Catholicism, suicide is a mortal sin and if you dont go to confession you will most likely go to hell if you die right then and there..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Stop being lazy and get a job or create one mow lawns do handyman work fix computers etc. put an ad on craigs list. Joining a catholic monastery so you would always have something to eat and a roof over your head is the worst reason ever to join one you will hate in short order. You need to be extremely committed to their religious ideals to even have a chance of making it in a place like that and many who are still can't hack it.

Buck up and start earning your keep. Its a nice fantasy to think you don't have to work for a living but it is just that a fantasy. Plus dealing with your problems and challenges will make you a better person. Avoiding them will make you a loser who hates life. Now get to work and stop looking for an easy way out there is none, everyone has to play the hand they are dealt.

edit on 26-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join