It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is a Slowed Down Star.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by smithjustinb

I dunno, you tell me
LOL

Because you, like probably everyone who gave you a star (no pun) just doesn't understand what I'm really trying to say.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

"If we compressed one billion years of Earth's existence into 5 seconds, what do you think the Earth would look like"

Great conceptualization!

When pondering the concepts of time, space, space-time, and infinity.... I often conceptualize something similar.

Let us choose any exact point in space....
Let us then run forwards and backwards through time infinitely, while focused on the exact point.
What does any given point compressed into "infinite" time look like?
Would it appear as energy? Would it appear as a particle, a wave, or would it show a particle-wave duality?

I hope you can see what I am alluding to. I've never tried to articulate this before.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

"If we compressed one billion years of Earth's existence into 5 seconds, what do you think the Earth would look like"

Great conceptualization!

When pondering the concepts of time, space, space-time, and infinity.... I often conceptualize something similar.

Let us choose any exact point in space....

A literal 0-dimensional point? You can't really even choose that. At the point of saying "this is the point", the point is already infinitely smaller than what you just defined it as. Unless you mean a defined 4-d space.

Let us then run forwards and backwards through time infinitely, while focused on the exact point.
What does any given point compressed into "infinite" time look like?
Would it appear as energy? Would it appear as a particle, a wave, or would it show a particle-wave duality?

If you're talking about spacetime, then no matter how long you look at it, it will always be the same. It will not appear as anything because it is formless.

I hope you can see what I am alluding to. I've never tried to articulate this before.

I don't think I do, sorry. Can you elaborate?
edit on 27-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

According to the current model of physics, objects with mass have a direct effect on gravity which is a direct effect on the curvature of space and time; spacetime. The larger the mass, the greater the impression on the fabric of spacetime. So time on Earth goes by a whole lot slower than time on the Sun. If time went by faster on earth, we would light up and shine like a star. But we wouldn't be able to see it. We would still experience what we've always experienced. The outside observer is what would observe our light.

edit on 26-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Your understanding of physics is less than rudimentary, it is flat wrong. Mass does effect time. That part is right. However, the greater the mass, the slower time moves. Therefore, time on the sun moves slower, relatively, than it does on Earth. Secondly, how exactly do you propose that this effect is "cloaking" what is really happening, say on the moon perhaps? I am always open to reasonable new theories and ideas but what you suggest here requires one to throw away every single observable and measurable thing we know about the universe. If we agree to do this then further discussions are pointless anyway...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talvar

Originally posted by smithjustinb

According to the current model of physics, objects with mass have a direct effect on gravity which is a direct effect on the curvature of space and time; spacetime. The larger the mass, the greater the impression on the fabric of spacetime. So time on Earth goes by a whole lot slower than time on the Sun. If time went by faster on earth, we would light up and shine like a star. But we wouldn't be able to see it. We would still experience what we've always experienced. The outside observer is what would observe our light.

edit on 26-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Your understanding of physics is less than rudimentary, it is flat wrong. Mass does effect time. That part is right. However, the greater the mass, the slower time moves. Therefore, time on the sun moves slower, relatively, than it does on Earth.

You sure about that? Compressing space (as gravity does), you also compress time. Therefore what's in 2in^3 of space can be compressed to 1in^3 of space and what's in 2seconds of time could be compressed to 1 second. So what is done in 2 seconds gets done in 1. Therefore time happens faster. Faster time + smaller space = higher energy.

Secondly, how exactly do you propose that this effect is "cloaking" what is really happening, say on the moon perhaps?

If it were only space becoming compressed, then objects would only be smaller or larger and still observable. But since time is also being compressed, then things may happen faster than we can see or slower than we could understand, but not necessarily.

I am always open to reasonable new theories and ideas but what you suggest here requires one to throw away every single observable and measurable thing we know about the universe. If we agree to do this then further discussions are pointless anyway...

No it doesn't, it only requires that we consider something new.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

You're pressed for time?.......Really?........Was that a joke?

If your theory were true please explain to me why it is that as we get older time seems to go by faster.

Because we become more in-tune with the sun. Also as we age we get closer to the point of returning to the Sun, and if the sun is faster then it would appear as we get close for time to speed up a bit.

It's all about individual perception.

What somebody sees and you don't, still might actually be, it's that you can't see it.

Could a blind man say we are lying if we told him in front of him was a blue car ? How would he know if he can't actually see it ? He wouldn't know, he would be guessing...

Like we are guessing..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
So if it were fall or winter, would that make you believe Earth was about to become a black hole?

I don't think you grasp this...

Re-read and try again.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Let's say that reality is composed of a fully interconnected matrix of fundamental energy. "Physical" reality is defined by varying vibrations and densities of this fundamental energy, subjectively observed at a relative moment.

Draw an arbitrary sphere which allows it to take up space... let's say an invisible 3-dimensional sphere that has a 1" circumference. Let us then run forwards and backwards through time infinitely, while focused on the exact sphere. Every thing that has ever happened in that small space, and everything that ever will happen... compressed.

What does any given space compressed into "infinite" time look like?

Does this allow for the speculation that particles are also snapshots of compressed infinity, observed at a relative moment? Are stars also snapshots of compressed infinity?

Subatomic particles seem to appear and disappear. Could this result from moments when "no-thing" occupied this space of compressed infinity?

All speculation and conjecture. It's just what my mind wandered upon while wondering what infinity would look like if compressed into a given space.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Does this allow for the speculation that particles are also snapshots of compressed infinity, observed at a relative moment? Are stars also snapshots of compressed infinity?

Subatomic particles seem to appear and disappear. Could this result from moments when "no-thing" occupied this space of compressed infinity?

All speculation and conjecture. It's just what my mind wandered upon while wondering what infinity would look like if compressed into a given space.

Wouldn't infinity be incompressible?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
According to Big Bang Theory, the solar system was a spinning disc of light, the core is what is know today our sun and that is why the planets orbit it because it was at the middle / core of the spinning disc of light. As it slowed, it formed gas and dust which will eventually build up to become planets (and our Earth).

Sun sends light to Earth, Earth grows plants of life, animals eat the plants and humans eats the plants and animals, they are all eating light from the Sun!

So yes, our entire galaxy is light, which explains why it looks like this:

It is difficult to deny in the larger picture that everything is light..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join