It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corkscrew chemtrail..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hi all ATS'ers..just captured this, ok, it's not the end of the world..i just wanted to share it with ATS members.
nobody has a clue, including me..how to put up a bloody pic..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Hi all ATS'ers..just captured this, ok, it's not the end of the world..i just wanted to share it with ATS members.

and we see nothing

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
where's the corkscrew?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Two years on the site and you cant post a picture yet? I think 99% of members know how. There are tutorials
on how to do it.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack

You're half right.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Who is Nobody?

I keep seeing his name mentioned.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Here...I'll post a corkscrew...so we have something to visualize...until you figure out how to post your picture!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Don't feel bad, I could never post a pic from ATS, even with the "tutorials". However, one of the posters was kind enough to direct me to: tinypic.com...

You can upload pictures from your computer on there. It works like a charm every time!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

or even

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You mean like these?

Here is an old thread with some explanations in it. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added link

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Btilliant pics..much better than the one i could'nt put on.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack

If you click on "TOOLS" at the top of the page, then click "ATS Uploads" you can upload images onto ATS there by clicking "SELECT IMAGE FILE". Once you have uploaded it you can click on the picture and it will show a code that you can copy and paste into a post to show that image.

I found that a great way to learn how to do stuff was to look at other peoples posts that contain something you want to do (such as an image), and click quote on their post to see how they achieved it. It's probably a good idea to learn how to do it before posting a thread regarding an image. Good luck and I hope that helps

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Picture #1?

Contrails....and yes, one contrail has been affected by the jet's wingtip vortex turbulence (ALL airplanes make corkscrew wingtip vortices.....but, you can't always see them, unless some physical allows it).

The rest of the photos are ALL rocket launches.

The disruption of the rocket trails is caused by the winds at various altitudes....or, wind shearing.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I'm not sure where the first one came from. I know the others were rocket launch photos of some sort. I just put up what I could find on google for the OP. Cool looking though.

My first thought when I saw the first one was some sort of show plane doing tricks or something like that.
edit on 26/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Contrails form large scale corkscrews when they form in a rotating mass of air, like a lee rotor.

Check out this time lapse:
www.weathervideohd.tv... loud-on-mountain-turbulence-clouds-primary-types-clouds-accessory-types-sky-moods-wind

Now imagine the mass of air without the cloud in it, then a plane flies through it, forming a contrail which turns into a corkscrew/spiral.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Picture #1?

Contrails....and yes, one contrail has been affected by the jet's wingtip vortex turbulence (ALL airplanes make corkscrew wingtip vortices.....but, you can't always see them, unless some physical allows it).

I don't think that's wingtip turbulence, it's too large scale. It's some large rotating regions of air. Notice how it affects the other trails somewhat.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This pic illustrates the difference between small scale and large scale spiraling.

The contrail is at 45 degrees to a region of ripple clouds. Ripple clouds are formed kind of like waves in the ocean, and often have volumes of slow rotation above or below the ripple (it's simple fluid mechanics). The contrail itself has pendules which result from the interaction of the wingtip wake vortices, but the large scale twists come from the interaction with the rotating regions of the ripple cloud field.

And here's an illustration of convection rolls - a type of rotating air mass associated with cloud streets.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
here u go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 27-3-2012 by SteelToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SteelToe

Your photos show views from above (as in, from a satellite).

In both photos the contrails were formed by an airplane that was in a continuous turning 360° circle. The likely reason for that kind of activity is an AWACS-type of airplane, either actively providing AWACS support, or in a training situation.

The airplane itself was "orbiting" or "station keeping" over a particular area in relation to the ground beneath --- the contrails, as they formed, were then affected by the winds, and they drifted....hence, the pattern seen.

It is important to be able to distinguish, in three dimensions, the "ground track" kind of contrails, as above --- and the ones posted as examples earlier, that are 3-dimensional, but laid out horizontally.

Think, literally, of the business end of a wine corkscrew. laid on its side.

Your examples compare more to a coffee-mug-bottom stain, as the mug is picked up and placed down sequentially....

Here: I was thinking, "I wish I knew enough about computer graphics to draw a diagram, and post it."

Then, found this (even better) little animated graphic:

Contrail Simulations

When the above (^ ^ ^) first opens, it shows how the commonly-claimed "grids" or "waffle patterns" are made.

Then, you can use the slider controls within the Applet (is that what it's called?) to adjust.

It only shows airplanes on straight flight courses, so you have to imagine them in a turn....but the drifting of the contrails, the principles, should be clear to you.
edit on Tue 27 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Your post below this has educated me!!

I really am impressed with the depth of research, and thanks for providing even more information, and lessons, to me than I expected.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join