It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My portfolio with redesigned page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am just curious as to what peoples thoughts are on the redesign? I am still learning the coding side of things so I have no idea how well I coded everything. Feedback would be nice but if you also have any suggestions on what to add then that would be great.

ArchitekOGP.com

*Oh also on the hamepage my picture "portrait" does not appear, does anyone have any idea why? It it visible in Dreamweaver and Firefox when offline*
edit on 26-3-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Love the design!!!

When I first looked at it in Chrome I didn't see the missing piece either. So I opened in it Firefox and there it was. The difference between my two browser setups is Chrome blocks some _javascript from running & I don't have the same setup on Firefox. If you have a script blocker, that could be the difference.

OiO

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Looks really good. The colors aren't hard on me but the aren't very æsthetic either.

No top of page link to home page.

Width, had to scroll horizontally for right side of page.

Slideshow, scrolling with scroll wheel only allows left to right and then disables on last image.

Oh and Clear click

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

utterly unusable
if it's just a showcase, well... never mind
if it's intended to allow visitors to actually do something, you should consider "task oriented design"

from the other comments: there are sites out there that u can use to check for browser support
code away silly stuff in browsers like IE

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
love the colors and the design feel of this, maybe theres a little too much white on the right (my eyes keeps looking at that direction).
the one thing that i hate is that nasty side scrollbar because of twitter or the size of the img in the center. if you resize something out, the website will be a killer

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The graphic part of the site is wonderful, nothing wrong with your artistic skills

However, I would test your site on different sizes. A viewer requires to have a screenwidth of 1460px to be able to read your site without scrolling to the right. On much bigger screens the content is sticky to the left side, while popups are centered to the screen.

I would advice you to make the content smaller and centered to the screen and perhaps readup on fluid design methods (e.g. css-discuss.incutio.com...)
edit on 26/3/2012 by chrismir because: fixed typos

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

*Oh also on the hamepage my picture "portrait" does not appear, does anyone have any idea why? It it visible in Dreamweaver and Firefox when offline*

This is your url from inside the html:
url("../%E2%80%ABimg/portrait.png")

Change the url to the exact url. This is why it works offline for you as it points to your drive instead of where you may have saved the image at the online website.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall

This is your url from inside the html:
url("../%E2%80%ABimg/portrait.png")

Change the url to the exact url. This is why it works offline for you as it points to your drive instead of where you may have saved the image at the online website.

I noticed that in Dreamweaver so I tried placing the image in again but I guess I will need to do it manually out of Dreamweaver to get it working. Also thanks for all the feeback everyone.

join