It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke says US job market weak despite gains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Bernanke says US job market weak despite gains

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says
the recent gains in jobs may not be all that "real".

More consumer and business demand is necessary to fuel the "recovery".

He claims that the lowering of the unemployment rate to 8.3%
is normally a result of a 4% growth in the economy.

The October-December quarter only saw a 3% growth,
and forecasts for the January-March quarter is only 2%.

Hmmm.

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER, Associated Press
March 26, 2012

WASHINGTON (AP) — Chairman Ben Bernanke says the U.S. job market remains weak despite three months of strong hiring and that the Federal Reserve's existing policies will help boost growth.

Further job gains will likely require more robust consumer and business demand, Bernanke said Monday during a speech at the National Association for Business Economics spring conference in Arlington, Va.

Bernanke's comments suggest the central bank is prepared to keep interest rates near zero unless the economy improves substantially.

Job growth ?

Maybe the job figures are "tainted" or "super-adjusted" ?

How many "New Jobs" are actually Full-Time with Full-Benefits ?

edit on Mar-26-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm still waiting to see any movement or growth in a career that I was forced out of 6 years ago. New home construction. Glad I'm out and I will never look back.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

LOL... don't you think he is just stating the obvious... the obvious which most of us 'real people' see and feel every day...

After years of watching the propogandized job growth statistics, one can easily see the fingerprints of government manipulation.

Correct me if my memory is weak, but a year ago February the Feds got caught red handed manipulating the numbers with an 'adjustor' I believe it was called... 200k plus jobs added because of some lame O excuse..

What we have here, (quote from Cool Hand Luke) is the results of attempting to find a sector to 'drive the economy' and force growth. LMAO

Take the Clinton/Gore internet debacle where the US rode the internet BOON until the air escaped it like a flat tire (and smelled worse also). When the dust clear the largest majority of the touted internet startups were shown to consist of little more than rented office space with some leased furniture and computers. I grant you, a few survied and thrive today like large octupii grabbing everything within reach and puffing up like a toad with profits for the top 2% mostly. If you think back, most assumed from the government propoganda and the media coverage that jobs in that interenet industry were going to spring forth like a water wiggle and be the salvation of all... NOT...

And then, El Presidente G. Bush threw his rope around war and the commercial and housing industry and sat back blindly out of touch with the reality of the regular person and rode the construction and financial bubble like the sway back Texas bronc it was until it too bucked hard and collapsed in the dirt due to the fianncial cinch pulled tightly around its belly.

The up and down, up and down pushups of the economy is expected and if the overall flow is on an upward moving line then the resulting growth is somewhat controlled and likely doing the best it can.

The insanity of 'driving the economy' which so many promote works just about as well as herding cats...

The question is, do you think anyone in Washington listened? Obviously they learned nothing after the S n L debacle.

The only chance the US has is in bringing our jobs home from around the globe... the world economy will do little else than lose us jobs in the US and cause our wages to crash and burn.

Bring our jobs home and restore our industry base.

Good post... F n S for you

edit on 28-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

new topics

join