It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan in Army Uniform Kills 2 NATO Troops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Afghan in Army Uniform Kills 2 NATO Troops

www.nytimes.com

KABUL, Afghanistan — A man wearing an Afghan military uniform turned his weapon on NATO soldiers in southern Helmand Province on Monday, killing two of them before being shot to death himself, officials said, in what appeared to be the latest in a disturbing string of retaliatory attacks against Western forces in Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is yet another attack that is thought to be fuelled by the murder of several Afghan civilians by a US soldier, as well as the Koran burnings by US soldiers. Now these actions are starting to cost lives, and sadly lives of troops who they may of fought beside.

The war effort has been halted for sure, and I doubt the handing over of security inside the country come 2014 will go smoothly also.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-3-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We need to pull out and leave them to handle themselves. We have done enough damage in the world as it is. It's time to put all that money back into fixing our own problems.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Maybe the Afghan suffered from PTSD... you know, being in a warzone and all that.

edit on 26-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He had probably been on multiple deployments, and had that traumatic head injury. I think he was a good guy who #ed up that's all.... PTSD kills. =(

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have a major problem with this reporting. It states

The killings fit a deadly and demoralizing pattern of so-called green on blue episodes in which members of the Afghan security forces turn their weapons on their American or coalition partners. More than 70 Americans have been killed in such attacks since 2006, the majority of them in the last two years.

So without a year by year breakdown, thats an average of 11-12 per year, but moreso in the last two.

Then it goes on to suppose that the Koran burnings and Bales' massacre were the leading cause of this attacks and the similar ones in the past month or so.

I understand that the Bales' massacre was a tragedy, but to link this story and that is simply not responsible journalism. New York Times, Rod Nordland and J. David Goodman, you guys could have done better.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sorry for short reply I'm at work. Just read on my sky news app the soldiers were British
RIP.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
is the Afghan govt paying 50grand to the unfortunate christian soldier's family?

second line

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by betaiso
is the Afghan govt paying 50grand to the unfortunate christian soldier's family?

second line

I dare you to have a guess

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

It is comfirmed as 2 British Soldiers who were shot and killed.

Two Nato soldiers shot dead by an Afghan National Army gunman at a base in southern Afghanistan were British, the defence secretary has confirmed.

Philip Hammond told the Commons that details of the incident at the British HQ in Lashkar Gar, Helmand province, are still emerging and next of kin are being informed.

Sky News

So will the families of these two soldiers, receive payment for the killings. Or is it One rule for Afghanistan and another rule for Coalition troop families. No I do not think they will.

I knew this would happen. The coalition troops, should be stopped from training the Afghan Army and Police, if it is not stopped, I for one have a fear that there is going to be a lot more deaths, once combat roles are turned over to them, and NATO forces are put into support roles. What is to say once these Afghan Units are put into leading combat role, that these units will turn their fire power on NATO forces.

I will guarantee you this. Once those Units are put in to leading combat roles. It will not be just one or two soldiers who are killed it will be more.

Get Our Troops out of there and bring them home.
edit on 26-3-2012 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by betaiso

It is not British soil that this afghan killed. It is not Britain's country that this happened. It is Afghanistan, it is their land. The afghanis do not have to pay diddly to the invading rapists.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Rapists?

Do not brush every British soldier with the Rape title thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I hate that we are over there but even I would not be so cold-hearted or stupid to say something like that. You sir are a moron.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

Rapists?

Do not brush every British soldier with the Rape title thank you very much.

Well the British have been raping in Afghanistan for over 100 years now. With the British army and British soldiers. So your post is

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

And you sir, are exactly what the previous poster commented.

Not all British soldiers are rapists, so get your facts correct before you post anything else so obnoxious, cold hearted and stupid on this thread thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Rape does not have to be sexual dude. Rape of the people through war. One word can have multiple meanings.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wish we weren't still over there.

We should leave their disgusting, #hole, backwards country to fail.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall

I hate that we are over there but even I would not be so cold-hearted or stupid to say something like that. You sir are a moron.

Maybe you should begin to understand a few basics concerning war and war-crimes:
A nation's army is established in principle for defense! Thus the "interests of a country" plainly END at its borders. I see quite a large distance of several 1,000 miles between Afghanistan and the UK, uSSa, and other NATO countries. The Afghan army has NOT attacked/invaded any nation. NATO has done so. Regardless of the 9-11 facts or the absence of these facts, the invasion of Afghanistan is illegal and as such a war crime! Since to my knowledge, especially the uSSa and the UK do NOT have a draft, but are a volunteer army, the volunteer becomes responsible for his actions much more so than a regular draftee. Volunteer armies have the tendecy to attract psychopaths and sadists. A good example is the difference between the so called common and "drafted" German soldier during WW2 and the "Volunteer SS". Even the Red Army knew the difference, taking the former POW while simply killing the latter.
Since the uSSa uses the term "enemy combatant" quite loosely to bypass the Geneva convention on conduct of war fare, it should be then no surprise that the normal Afghan sees it fit to bypass the same and simply eradicating the invading war criminals. And this IS what every NATO soldier can is who engages in any action outside the original mandate of the NATO, - which was to defend an invasion of the now defunct Soviet Union. Soviet union is finished and no more, thus no NATO should in existence.
I as a Canadian do also not call our Canadian fallen soldier in Afghanistan "heroes" they are the same war criminals as the rest.
True courage and true oaht to the flag, country and what ever else would consist, - especially for a member of the armed forces - to REFUSE the orders to go to Afghanistan or Iraq or Lybia and so forth. This would be the TRUE - "Serve and Protect" meaning of the oath.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
maybe if we give them more guns and in depth training they'll stop. /sarcasm

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Not all British soldiers are rapists

Of course. I'd go even further and say that the vast majority of them are not rapists at all and the two unfortunate fellows that lost their lives did not have it coming to them.

I think the choice of words was wrong on my part.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join