It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Shoots, Wounds 23yr old Alleged gunman in harlem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

mobile.nytimes.com...

Apologies if this has been posted I havent seen a thread yet.
Couple of slightly conflicting reports here. Cops say he was armed and fired but witnesses say they couldnt see a weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldnt witnesses be able to hear gunfire before seeing cops drop the man if he actually fired? NY1 news has been airing the story since last night, no vid online yet but their witnesses also fail to mention the man being armed with one saying he was shot cold blooded with his back to the cops. I'm curious to see how this plays out in the wake of the shootings of Trayvon Martin and.NYC's own Ramarley Graham. I'd like to ask for the opinions of the ats community on the matter.
edit on 26-3-2012 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2012 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If Obama hasn't commented on it it's not important.
2nd

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I believe the only reason this is garnering any attention is due to the Martin case. What color was the alleged suspect? What color were the officers? We shall see how this plays out. This whole Martin case has become a public trial and a race issue. Its appalling and disgusting. We have a dead young man, a man being tried in the media and no one knows the facts except the two involved. Either way it is a sad situation for all involved.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
I believe the only reason this is garnering any attention is due to the Martin case. What color was the alleged suspect? What color were the officers? We shall see how this plays out. This whole Martin case has become a public trial and a race issue. Its appalling and disgusting. We have a dead young man, a man being tried in the media and no one knows the facts except the two involved. Either way it is a sad situation for all involved.

I believe the officer was white, gunman black ages old scenario. I agree it is troubling that in the 21st century we still have to put up with fatal issues of race. I have to say isnt it true that in every case the only people who really know what happened are the parties involved?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

Well, that explains the media coverage. Its sad that if a black man shoots a black man or a white man shoots a white man, police officers or not, nobody cares. The media always has to spin the race angle. No wonder there is so much racism in the world. Well, at least the media mongers Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will have some more cameras to parade in front of. Those two make me sick. The only cases they choose to care about are the ones that get media coverage so they can create a spectacle and say stupid things like,(Jesse Jackson) "We need to repeal the Stand your ground law" Why? So everyone can be a victim all the time? Hey, think of the media coverage they'll be able to get then......

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

I dont believe the media has spun the race angle in this case yet though I assume its just a matter of time.
Unfortunately racism exists not only because of media (althought they play a large part) there is still a large population of ignorants who cant put themselves in anothers shoes for a second and imagine their daily struggles. We have to, as a people, learn to see ourselves as the brothers and sisters we all are instead of complete strangers.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

Been a few days now and Ive hears narry a peep about this case....

top topics

join