It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have struck OIL !!..are we safe ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I can't help but be ecstatic about the find but i feel a sense of doom ahead.. the Black Gold has been found on our lands and knowing that there is greed in all areas, there is bound to be a Niger Delta kinda thing happening here in the next few years, one wonders, is it a blessing or a curse ?

President Kibaki on Monday announced the discovery of oil in Turkana county, located in the country's arid north-western region. The President said successful drilling of the oil is still years away. Energy Minister Kiraitu Murungi added a sweetener to the "important announcement", explaining that Kenya's oil deposits could be bigger than Uganda's. "This morning, I have been informed by the Minister for Energy that our country has made a major breakthrough in oil exploration. This weekend, Tullow Oil, which has been prospecting for oil in block 10 BB in Turkana County, discovered oil in Ngamia-1 well, at a depth of between 846 and 1041 metres. They established over 20 metres of what is technically referred to as OIL-PAY. To establish commercial viability of this oil, they have to drill multiple wells," said President Kibaki.

There are opportunities for growth, that i cannot ignore and our economy will sure do with the extra $$$$ but ..

story here

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It will be pure paradise for all of you, of course! Many schools will be built, the people will have plenty of wellpaid work, everyone will smile all day, every day will be a sunday and sundays will be like christmas, all year round.

Not.

First, there will be high fences. Guards with dogs.

Then, there will be polution.

Corruption, even more than before.

Very, very few will get very rich. Many, many more will get ill.

I'm sorry.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Unfortunately, it only opens your country to be a victim of the oil grabbers all over the world, even if they have to start a war to get it.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Let's see those gas prices fall. They're not falling yet? That's funny.. Fear of a war with Iran in the media and gas prices spike the same day from speculators but when huge oil caches are found the price doesn't fall back.. How interesting.. The supply for oil is HUGE and not running short. Don't let these profiteers fool you..

I hope all the people who control our energy slip into a vat of oil and get eaten by oil sharks with laser beams on their heads.
edit on 26-3-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
america will proberly push you out of the way and suck it all up

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have a feeling that an anonymous tip will come out saying Gen. Kony has been spotted in Kenya.

...No no no...we're not here for the oil, we're here for that bad guy Kony.

Watch out Kenya, your next on the US takeover map.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
I have a feeling that an anonymous tip will come out saying Gen. Kony has been spotted in Kenya.

...No no no...we're not here for the oil, we're here for that bad guy Kony.

Watch out Kenya, your next on the US takeover map.

Thats a probability..prices will fall after the fat cats have become fatter

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
When is the US going to "liberate" and install "democracy" in Kenya? In 5 months? 2 years?

top topics

join