It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even the Earth has faults...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this the other day and well, I think it is refreshing that the Earth has faults...and I believe that is a message for all of us...

Nature is ferocious and yet beautiful...we can be beautiful and calm or we can tear about our lives like a hurricane... it isn't easy to stay calm and peaceful when we are connected to everything and our emotions change.... I think that is natural.

It is natural to have emotions and 'errupt like a Volcano' ... I guess the more I observe nature and the Earth, the more I feel it is has its own emotions.

People refer to it as Fragile Earth... well, maybe it is and maybe we all are?

I just feel so connected to my environment lately...even my moods are illustrated by the weather lately.

I actually feel more peaceful as well... just observing nature and comparing my own 'artificial' life... I think that is why I crave to go camping as well...to get away from all the artificial things and surround myself with nature.

Nature tells us really all we need to know...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Hey, well look at the bright side....at least Earth is still a planet

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

hmm yes I wonder what happened there - emotionally? It is now just a block of ice slowing moving away from the Sun...Maybe it is part of the cycle? When your hot your hot and one day your not?

I wonder how it could also relate to the bigger picture, as you have illustrated...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

What are the "faults" in the earth?

And your not "artificial" but "Biological" 2 very different things.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

There are faultlines throughout the Earth.

As for my 'artificial' life... that is my day to day life surrounded by gadgets and phones... that type of thing

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

#1 the parasites what live upon her (humans) with all the mining and genral raping of her.
#2her mommy (the sun) keeps spitting fire at her,
edit on 26-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

There are faultlines throughout the Earth.

As for my 'artificial' life... that is my day to day life surrounded by gadgets and phones... that type of thing

Why the title? There is nothing in your OP that has to do with faultlines. Who or what else has "faultlines"?
Could you be more specific?

If you don't like it why don't you isolate yourself from them? There's no reason you should own a tv if you dont want one, same goes for every other tech. Not one piece of tech is "required" in order to live.

Yet you use the tech to post here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

WTF are you talking about?

100% gothic right?!?!? Damn you turned to the dark-side with those stupid comments.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

yea dead gothic

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

The Earth has faults perhaps because it does'nt follow Man accordingly to his less than impressive brain

The Earth is quite perfect and was created exactly as it is supposed to work, thank you!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

yes for me I am just feeling how perfect it all is...

even though it is brutal and serene, it is somehow 'perfect' - in balance or even 'just how it shoud be'...

and then I consider my own existence within it and the days where I try to change things about myself, I then consider that we are all just how we are meant to be..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

LOL!! You call me a troll? Serious?

I ask GENUINE questions to your vague OP and you post a troll?

Another hightech invention you might want to use, it's called botox!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

No thanks, I am not superficial...

Your questions were not geniune, you were on the attack.. you have also attacked another Member in this thread so take you bad attitude and get out and stay out of my thread.

thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

No thanks, I am not superficial...

Your questions were not geniune, you were on the attack.. you have also attacked another Member in this thread so take you bad attitude and get out and stay out of my thread.

thanks

Asking to clarify your statments is an attack really?

LOL, read the 101: How to use a discussion forum.

As for the "insult" on the other member, lol people talking about rape should not use it as a metaphor unless they have experienced it!

And no, i'm not going to stay out. My right to discuss is just as valid as one else.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

a lot of People refer to the things Humans do to the Planet as rape. That is not a new phrase.

As for faults, that is also a well used expression. There are 'faults' throughout the Earth. What do you need clarified?

As for insulting the other Member as well as myself, that was totally unnecessary. No need to 'assume' that the Member was Gothic and belittle their contribution.

And no, i'm not going to stay out. My right to discuss is just as valid as one else.

sure it is...however, you can do so in a way that does not attack or insult anyone in this thread.

edit on 26/3/2012 by Thurisaz because: edit to add quote

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

a lot of People refer to the things Humans do to the Planet as rape. That is not a new phrase.

As for faults, that is also a well used expression. There are 'faults' throughout the Earth. What do you need clarified?

As for insulting the other Member as well as myself, that was totally unnecessary. No need to 'assume' that the Member was Gothic and belittle their contribution.

sure it is...however, you can do so in a way that does not attack or insult anyone in this thread.

edit on 26/3/2012 by Thurisaz because: edit to add quote

fault (fôlt)n.
a. A character weakness, especially a minor one.
b. Something that impairs or detracts from physical perfection; a defect. See Synonyms at blemish.
c. A mistake; an error.
d. A minor offense or misdeed.
2. Responsibility for a mistake or an offense; culpability. See Synonyms at blame.
3. Geology A fracture in the continuity of a rock formation caused by a shifting or dislodging of the earth's crust, in which adjacent surfaces are displaced relative to one another and parallel to the plane of fracture. Also called shift.4. Electronics A defect in a circuit or wiring caused by imperfect connections, poor insulation, grounding, or shorting.
5. Sports A bad service, as in tennis.
6. Obsolete A lack or deficiency.
v. fault·ed, fault·ing, faults
v.tr.
1. To find error or defect in; criticize or blame.
2. Geology To produce a fault in; fracture.
v.intr.
1. To commit a mistake or an error.
2. Geology To shift so as to produce a fault.
Idioms:
at fault
1. Deserving of blame; guilty: admitted to being at fault.
2. Confused and puzzled.
find fault
To seek, find, and complain about faults; criticize: found fault with his speech.

Source

Yes me asking for a clarification on a word that has multiple meanings is very strange. 3 is what you mean obviously and what about the 10 other meanings?

Who is saying it is a new phrase?

There are 'faults' throughout the Earth

Next time use that in your title instead of "Even the Earth has faults..." as stated above it has multiple meanings to it. And for people who don't use English as a native langague they are not always on top of all the possible meanings.

You have free will, don't use tech if you dont like it peroid.
Again nobody forces you to use it and yet you are here using this tech to post on this forum. How do you explain that?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

So are you saying the earth has moods, hence the "faults", that the fault lines might be the moods that nature has. Earthquakes, for example happen when the earth is in a bad mood?

Just trying to understand.

vvv

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

philosophically I feel that the Earth can teach us all we need to know about life. In nature, everything is surviving, somethings are thriving, others struggling. Sometimes, we have droughts, in Australia, drought is common and it can be very harsh. Other times, we have plenty of rain and then an abundance and survival is easier.

It just seems lately, for me anyway, that the Earth is emotive. I don't know whether I am being sentimental but when I sit amonst nature and observe all that is going on around me... whether that is the heat of the sun, the wind in my hair or the lack of a cool breeze, it seems so mixed with a variety of emotions/feelings.

oh and when I consider the way we (humans) treat the Planet, well look at the way we treat ourselves? Well, the way some people abuse themselves...

edit on 26/3/2012 by Thurisaz because: edit to expand

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

philosophically I feel that the Earth can teach us all we need to know about life. In nature, everything is surviving, somethings are thriving, others struggling. Sometimes, we have droughts, in Australia, drought is common and it can be very harsh. Other times, we have plenty of rain and then an abundance and survival is easier.

It just seems lately, for me anyway, that the Earth is emotive. I don't know whether I am being sentimental but when I sit amonst nature and observe all that is going on around me... whether that is the heat of the sun, the wind in my hair or the lack of a cool breeze, it seems so mixed with a variety of emotions/feelings.

oh and when I consider the way we (humans) treat the Planet, well look at the way we treat ourselves? Well, the way some people abuse themselves...

edit on 26/3/2012 by Thurisaz because: edit to expand

It's called meno-pauze.
2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join