It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The roads leading to disaster'-New article by Fidel Castro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Within a few weeks, the $40 million which President Obama committed himself to raise for his election campaign will only serve to demonstrate that his country’s currency is very devalued, and that the United States, with its unprecedented and growing public debt, approaching 20 trillion dollars, is living off the money it issues and not off what it produces. The rest of the world is paying for what they are squandering.

Neither does anybody believe that the Democratic candidate will be better or worse than his Republican opponents: whether they are called Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum. Light years separate the three from figures as outstanding as Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King. It is really extraordinary to observe a nation so powerful technologically and a government so bereft of both ideas and moral values.

Iran does not possess nuclear weapons. It is accused of producing enriched uranium, which serves as fuel for generating energy or as a component for medical use. Like it or not, its possession or production is not equivalent to the production of nuclear weapons. Dozens of countries use enriched uranium as an energy source, but it cannot be used in the manufacture of a nuclear weapon without a prior, complex purification process.

However Israel, which with the help and cooperation of the United States manufactured nuclear weapons without informing or making itself accountable to anyone, today has hundreds of these weapons, without acknowledging possession of them. In order to prevent research development in neighboring Arab countries, it attacked and destroyed the reactors of Syria and Iran. It has also declared its intention to attack and destroy Iran’s nuclear fuel production facilities.
(Excerpt,go to the link for the complete article)
Source

I am no sympathizer of Castro or do I personally believe him to be some kind of saint or great,innocent leader but I do have to lay down my own personal convictions towards the man long enough to remain unbiased & open minded while reading this new "report" he has written.

Much of what he says is true,no matter how you cut it...I have to agree with him when he goes on to say this towards the end,if it were to actually happen -

As far as I am concerned, I do not harbor the slightest doubt that the United States is about to commit, and lead the world toward, the greatest error in its history.

Destroying Iran's nuclear facilities in the grand scheme of things would be practically the same as if they shot the missiles themselves.I can only imagine the damage & death it could cause innocent civilians not to mention the lasting negative effects such an act would cause for many years to come.

Personally I look to Israel as being the true culprit,in wanting for Iran's total destruction,If the United states does get involved then they are no better for committing such a crime if Iran is innocent.

What I do know for sure is that America does not need another war,Already in the past 11 years have enough lives been lost,on both sides,especially innocent bystanders who never had a choice in the first place.
I am sick of being lied to,sick of war,tired of innocent human beings caught in the cross fire because of these money hungry,power loving corrupt leaders.

I believe if Iran was attacked,especially when you include the possibility of nuclear weapons & facilities involved...the ramifications and absolute outcome could very well lead to all out war...Potentially a world war 3 scenario unlike any we have seen before.

So besides shooting the messenger ,what do you make of the message?

Do you agree or disagree and depending on your opinion please give your reasons why.

I look forward to your replies and forgive me if this has already been mentioned,I did multiple searches and found nothing of this recent article.

"War...War never changes"
edit on 26-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I could not agree more with you or him. The mere arrogance of anyone thinking we have a devine right to impose
on anyone Nation our Ass backward polical thinking/desire. Iran has never been a problem.
Sad as it is, matters like these will never be resolved with the current ways of thinking on our behalf. I don't remeber being ask to vote on it.

Which is why Ron Paul will not be elected, he speaks the truth. they fear the truth!

Jesse

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Completely agree with you - although Castro isn't a favorite in my house-hold either; I have to say in his old age his ramblings make too much sense.

Reading through history, Castro included, it seems men (women) always start off with the best intentions for their people. However, greed, corruption and paranoia eventually seep through.

I am a Canadian but I live in Spain and I pay close attention to politics especially in America. American politics after all eventually ripples through the entire globe. As it stands today, I fear the future - this is the first time in my life (38 years old) that I have really concerned myself with the future. Albert Einsteins quote is always at the back of my mind:

"I do not know with what weapons WWIII will be fought; but I know WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"
(Not direct, just from my memory - you get the picture )

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
As a radical Christian

We need to take out Castro, Iran and anyone who opposes Israel. We must defend the Jews at any cost.
I will defend Jerusalem from anyone who tries to invade.

Christ is lord and will protect us.
edit on 26-3-2012 by CaLyps0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I can acknowledge that Israel has a responsibility in making sure these weapons are safe and well guarded should the situation ever become dire enough to call for another extinction period along Earth's long history. If the production and storage of this technology cannot be properly secured then it is open to exploitation and misuse.

The destruction of reactors in Syria and Iran is negatively affecting the social development and progress of these nations in meeting its energy demands. It is in their national interest to diversify energy supply and hopefully they are looking at other technologies as well.

As long as these nations are complying to international standards of nuclear energy production I cannot justify any military action against them. If Iran, Syria and others are leaving any further weapon based production exposed then it is fair game. Either these nations seeking nuclear ambitions can demonstrate that they have the strength, fortitude, security and responsibility to handle these weapons or they cannot.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
As a radical Christian

We need to take out Castro, Iran and anyone who opposes Israel. We must defend the Jews at any cost.

See me trollin'........ the forums..........

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

As a radical Christian

Sigh... what , pray tell, then makes your religion any different from radical muslim's religion?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

Well Calypso.. the old saying goes, the one eyed man in the land of the blind is King..I again don't see this as you... So to speak..

I fear your Avatar! It reflects alot...

I trust the day if I'm choosen to meet the Almighty, to question alot of these WTF moments...
Because to me, it make no sense with these current concepts that are imposed upon us. Futhermore those that are a target without a choice..

Jesse

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
my impartial summery of Fidel Castro is that he is a Narcissistic Dictator picking and choosing when to stir the pot. Besides a dirty hospital what has he done for Cuba in 50 years. A Cuban slave is a slave indeed.
edit on 26-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

As a radical Christian

May your God have mercy on your soul...She would not approve of your ideology I am sure

At least you admit to being "radical" but that does not excuse you for sounding irrationally delusional...I would recommend that you continue to seek wisdom held within your holy book... because as it would seem to me,it alludes you.

The Jews are no chosen people in my eyes...Only lies that have been spread & spoon fed that have indoctrinated people foolish enough to believe them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opinions are like..you know,we all have them...I point to what is in the letters message and not the messenger per say,as far as Castro,I know he may not be the poster boy of leadership but what he has written in this article is spot on the mark imo,that is all...Nothing more and nothing less.

Thank you for the replies.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
my impartial summery of Fidel Castro is that he is a Narcissistic Dictator picking and choosing when to stir the pot. Besides a dirty hospital what has he done for Cuba in 50 years. A Cuban slave is a slave indeed.
edit on 26-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

And.......?

What does any of that have to do with the words he wrote? His words are true, whether you like him or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Castro is many things, some good, some not so good, but you can't say he is stupid or ill informed. just my opinion of the current statement and situation.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

My sentiments exactly!

I think with this letter we should allow it to be an exception to the rule.....The message takes precedent over the messenger that is known for not being a saint himself.

None the less, what he has written is absolutely true in the present situation involving Iran,u.s.a. and Israel.
He seems to still be quite sharp just turning 86 and quite intelligent.

He has shown knowledge that he is aware of a possible NWO/One world government scenario and has publicly lashed out towards the bilderberg group,could it be that Fidel is a closet conspiracy theorist?
...It

Castro, who has been in power through 11 US presidencies (he has predicted that he will not survive Obama's first term in office), has frequently harbored suspicions of conspiratorial plots. The former president has gone on the record as saying the events of September 11, for example, was an inside job by the US government to promote military expenditures and global reach.

Regardless of what the man may or may not be guilty of is irrelevant to his recent messages.
it appears to me that getting up in age would make one re-evaluate themselves,their life,the choices one has made...good,bad and in between.

No man or women in this world is prefect and we have all made poor decisions we regret...I reserve passing judgment on another as best as I am able...For I know I hate to be judged

On August 8, Castro convened a special session of the Cuban parliament to discuss the threat of a "nuclear holocaust" over the Middle East crisis involving Israel, Iran and the United States. He even made a personal plea to US President Barack Obama to “avoid the worst possible outcome,” which would spell “disaster for humanity".

This is a pretty good read for any interested

Castro lashes out at secretive Bilderberg Group

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Castro is not far off the mark......His letters have made much sense .....for the cubans, and the world.
Too bad if americans dont care for him....they double crossed many in their time too....
I am sure Theiu would agree....
Its just sour grapes on their part......tough beaners....
castro is more a world citizen now hes retired..............

new topics

top topics

join