It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What on earth is this? Strange thing on Google Maps

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Not big enough.
Unless of course there is a black hole hidden beneath it.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
At first I thought someone was building the worlds largest koi pond. But then I noticed the 'fields' to the sides and inferior to the structure. Is this a drug growing, harvesting, production facility?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

with out a doubt. hence all the sink holes.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
the thread creator need the ability to close a thread he started.

call it an STFU button if you will.

would save ATS server space.

i smell a new board thread coming soon.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

for the sake of the chilens we should halt any excess comments.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

look at the big house at the bottom left of the blue area, zoom all the way in. there is a road there that crosses the culvert that drains around the blue area. that whole dark side of the long cigar thing is going basically straight up. It almost looks as if there is a stand of trees (or scaffolding) supporting that feature. there are some areas that look like they are draped over the ground. the 'whitecap wave' areas look like blue material fluttering in the wind. the whole shape looks like Mexico.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Whatever the blue stuff is, that is the product they are mining. The "leach" pond is to the left of the big blue area. The conveyor and mill are at the facility. Whatever the blue stuff is they are mining it is covering the roads leading up in the hills away from the facility. If you follow the well traveled dirt roads, all of them lead to the actual mines and other outcroppings of the same blue rock. The white spots are open pit mines. Like I said the whole region has blue rock outcroppings visible on the surface.

The square areas in the blue area are the active sections where they are spraying the ore to leach out the product.They do that in grids with sprinklers just like a farm crop. Very toxic process. World runs on metals. Lead, Lithium? Dunno... There is no refinery present so they ship it out to be smelted somewhere else (if it's metallic ore).

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I dont see water. On the "pond" to the. Orth there are tire tracks that you can easily follow across the "pond" and continue to follow a road. If you back track if, you can see a place that indicates it could be coming from a hole in the ground. I vote mining debris. Copper has an effluent that looks very similar

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Man Made Lake.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Is is possible that they're growing Ginseng?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Could it be Shawn White's backyard?

He does have his own half pipe in Crested Butte, Co.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Its water storage or treatment facility being constructed. Check out what one looks like once filled. I see a lot of these and they look crazy with the tarps until the water covers them up. In a place as dry and arid as chile, def a water storage or treatment facility. This ones by my house.

LINK

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
reply to post by intrptr

I dont see water. On the "pond" to the. Orth there are tire tracks that you can easily follow across the "pond" and continue to follow a road. If you back track if, you can see a place that indicates it could be coming from a hole in the ground. I vote mining debris. Copper has an effluent that looks very similar

Yah, definite mining operation of some sort. Real sloppy one too.
Safe from any environmental concerns for sure.
Took a pic of the one of the open pit mines up in the hills near there:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
....* face palm * to evolution......

game over man game over.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Lots of crops and farmland around itMy best guess is a "Dirty-Fill", from the farms around it..

Reason I say this is because There are lots of farms around it and countries like Chillie use a wider array of poisons, chems and fertilizers in their farming.

Tilling isn't always an option when there's that much chem in the ground and it needs to be rotated from another location.

The dirty fill is stored and covered to keep it from contaminating the fields and over time returns to a cleaner state, where it can be rotated back to the fields..

The reason for the spillway along the side is for run-off. I guess. The cover may be porus enough to stop it blowing about but let the rain through to filter the used dirt.

Something like that anyway.
edit on 3/26/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I used to live in Guyana in the north of South America and I remember this one infamous lake that was near an old quarry, it would draw people from quite far away as it was some sort of spectacle to stop past on the way from the capital city Georgetown to a small town (I forgot the name of) about 50 miles into the interior jungle. I think it was a place where some kind of mining or rock quarrying was done, I am unsure of how it formed or why the water was so eerily clear with no vegetation or wildlife growing in it so naturally most people stay away from swimming in it. but when I saw the google image you posted I am certain this is what I am seeing in the jungle here or at least a similar body of very clear water..

The elevation is there, however it is submerged under the clear water which is causing a weird reflective surface, trust me if this is like the lake I saw in the jungle of Guyana then it looks just as shiny and clear from the ground (or slight elevation)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceColdPro
I used to live in Guyana in the north of South America and I remember this one infamous lake that was near an old quarry, it would draw people from quite far away as it was some sort of spectacle to stop past on the way from the capital city Georgetown to a small town (I forgot the name of) about 50 miles into the interior jungle. I think it was a place where some kind of mining or rock quarrying was done, I am unsure of how it formed or why the water was so eerily clear with no vegetation or wildlife growing in it so naturally most people stay away from swimming in it. but when I saw the google image you posted I am certain this is what I am seeing in the jungle here or at least a similar body of very clear water..

The elevation is there, however it is submerged under the clear water which is causing a weird reflective surface, trust me if this is like the lake I saw in the jungle of Guyana then it looks just as shiny and clear from the ground (or slight elevation)
Well the water would be clear because it was contained in rock with very little soil or fine particles. Dirt is what usually makes water unclear.
Depending on what they were mining for, it could have contaminated the soil or created erosion which would explain the lack of vegetation and wildlife.
I wouldn't swim in it either.

Are you sure this lake was in the area we are talking about?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Another10Pin
At first I thought someone was building the worlds largest koi pond. But then I noticed the 'fields' to the sides and inferior to the structure. Is this a drug growing, harvesting, production facility?

Yea that'd go well on a HAARP base! lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
I'm with Phage here - it's a plastic lined reservoir that has gone dry, the other stuff to the side is likely the water plant.

Nope Las Palmas mine

www.geerassociation.org...
edit on 26-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Mutations come in various forms. You can't possibly expect the multitude of dna combinations to take the same path. Multiply that by the effects of innumerable environmental interactions and viola! Just sayin ...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join