It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What on earth is this? Strange thing on Google Maps

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thats what im thinking, they have lined it to stop any future water runoff polluting the water..basically its going to be a large rubbish filled hole in the ground...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

it's actually above ground. look at the shadow of the big house at the bottom left corner and then look across the canal to the long blue thing. those shadows are the same as the ones cast by the roof of the house, the sun is at about the 2 oclock position with shadows being cast at the lower left corners or like at 7 or 8 oclock. the shadow is on the opposite side of where the sun is hitting that means the features are above ground.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

it's not a hole, it is above the ground

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It is clearly a structure of some kind designed to look like a lake or pond. It is probably where they are hiding the giant earthquake machine.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting, I think you have just discovered where Saddam hid his WMD's. Pretty clever "no-one will think to look here".

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
on the right hand side there is a plam tree, beside it is another black oblong shape with what looks like the same palm tree beside it..both trees look identical even the shadows look identical..... could they be Photoshopped?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
On my screen it is cleary water or a liquid of some kind, you can clearly see how the water is bouncing of the surface. Not sure why areas are raised but perhaps they did not need a have a perfect flat surface under the water.

*There is also a huge river and a similar size lake near by if you zoom out and start scrolling up. *
edit on 26-3-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hate to get your hopes up on some big cover-up .......................pun intended lol. It looks like the stuff called visqueen. It's black plastic sheeting used in growing a lot of different produce, strawberries and watermellon come to mind. It comes in plastic sheeting continuous or in woven configuration. It's purpose is weed prevention and water conservation. You'll note it probably has drip line irrigation and a large holding tank next to a source of water or a well. Likely the buildings are storage and packing houses.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

or coc aine production

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There is no conspiricy here folks. I have just come back from Chile and have seen many of these structures. As many of you might no Chile is a great wine producer. One particular wine is made by shading the grapes from the sun light ( UV light ). Hence the massive shade cloths. Yes an expensive process but then so is the wine. If you search the Elke valley region in Chile you will find many such coverings, some much larger than this one.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Say no to Cryptonite

I don't think they would plant vines on the toxic remains of a collapsed tailing pond. Or maybe they would, but I doubt it.

See page 4.

edit on 3/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It might be nothing, but look at this little green blob at 35°11'56.97"S, 71°47'6.40"W

It's like neon green so I really don't think it's a tree. Plus if you scroll back to previous dates it dissapears
edit on 26-3-2012 by mlongtin39 because: added info

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It also could be overhead netting for tomatoes. Look up Talca Chile area produce. They also grow wine grapes, but vinyards typically do not use the plastic sheeting, however it is possible with grapes also...
edit on 26-3-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
well i have a rather good ratio of valid comments per page.

S&F OP!!

back on page 1.
edit on 26-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

It's a tar pit.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
it looks like a man-made lake without water. I've worked on a couple projects similar to this.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It's definitely a plam tree or two. Neutralising all toxic metals I'm not so sure of. Interesting thread though when you see the posts in reply.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So we all agree?
It’s a UFO repair shop and brothel?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
its a storage complex for excess ATS post.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join