It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What on earth is this? Strange thing on Google Maps

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Underground shelter, possible a community with the ep liner cover on top, to prevent water from seeping in and flooding the bunkers, as drainage system was not installed and floors were not sloped graded for run off or into cisterrn for collection...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

This is most likely a leach plant. The blue material is a lining that protects the ground from seepage. have a look at the following regular shaped one in Zambia..
12d30'31.87" S , 27d48'13.74" E

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

This is most likely a leach plant. The blue material is a lining that protects the ground from seepage. have a look at the following regular shaped one in Zambia..
12d30'31.87" S , 27d48'13.74" E

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
A lined reservoir?
www.rtdenterprises.com...

That was my first thought, but it's so irregular, and the two little islands don't make any sense.

My guess is that it was a small strip mine or a timber clear cut (look at the plantings around it), and they covered it with a layer of asphalt because of the dust nuisance or maybe erosion control?

Look at the copper mines south of Tucson and you'll see they covered them with concrete because they'd get ridiculous dust storms in Green Valley/Suarahita areas where there are a lot of homes.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Looks like the beginnings of a man made lake to me

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hello,I ski a lot, well snowboard to be honest but anyway. I believe that to be an empty reservoir for water which is stored with an antifreeze type additive and used in snow-making. Zoom out, notice the summer photograph of obvious ski runs branching out from it. It's Chile the ski like crazy and unless you are on the water and a beach you are in the mountains. This is a ski resort is my guess. Not going to bother looking for it bc I can clearly see it.
They use snow machines which all feed off a reservoir of water up high. A resort will often spend a million or more a year to keep the surface nice on the runs during drought, warm temperature winters and to extend lift ticket selling season as long as possible.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
it appears to be a new ski resort in development after further inspection. The snowmaking begins about mid mountain and low mountain so people can still ski out all the way down late in the season when thebottom is below freezing level.
Here I found what looks to be a new public FB page for a rersort going in there. www.facebook.com... Plus up higher zoom on the google maps you can see prime alpine glaciers.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
looks like a controlled burn..

~2nd

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Wow that is weird!, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Note the palm tree. The edge of the water nicely curved around it. What we have is a beach with a plam tree at water's edge. Earlier images show the dirt of the formed area. I'll bet the palm tree won't be in those images.
The surround area is carefully laid out. That is not subsistance farming. That is a major, single-holder ag production center.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sort of reminds me of the construction they are doing on the 405 freeway in los angeles. They spray the mounds of dirt that they don't want eroding with this gel like substance. They apply it with a fire hose looking contraption. it can range in colors from blue to purple to green to even a very dark blue. The gel stops erosion of the mounds and has a special prize inside of the gel. the gel is laced with wild flower seeds. the gel will hold the mound together for about a year or so then begin to break down germinating the wildflower seeds which then root and act as the new bio friendly anti erosion tool for the mound.

Not sure if it would look as reflective as the the stuff in this picture though. never seen it from the air. but if recently sprayed or if it's put on thick enough its possible.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
As a farmer this just looks like a lining for a reservoir.The tress nearby look as citrus trees.The mounds of dirt is what would be needed to be removed to make .Been visiting this site for a while,my first post and enjoy reading here.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yesod
As a farmer this just looks like a lining for a reservoir.The tress nearby look as citrus trees.The mounds of dirt is what would be needed to be removed to make .Been visiting this site for a while,my first post and enjoy reading here.

Don't make it your last post, we need fresh voices on ATS

As for the picture, initially I thought it was something being covered over but now realise its some form of lining.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You do know that google maps is not real time correct? Google maps are pictures taken sometimes 5 years ago and they are not pictures of today. You are looking at a picture taken years ago.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Looks like a dried up man made lake , what surround this dried up lake is an Avocado plantation....that water was probably used to irrigate the soil.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It seems to have been covered but why is anyone's guess...

www.flashearth.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It looks like a soil liner for a frac/gas/oil site. I have a friend that works in that industry. His company installs liners that prevents any waste, water, and pollution from permeating the soil.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
farmland

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry but occasionally there are sorta interesting things found on Google earth, but almost always there is a normal explanation as when you find something weird looking often you don't have the knowledge to say exactly what it is, there being so many different industries etc.

Do people just trawl through Google earth looking for random stuff all day and just get excited and post things up just because they are not sure what it is.

Sorry these threads just always seem to be a massive waste of time unless you have some idea that it is something not totally 'above board'.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
IT's a practice area for future moon and mars missions!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join