It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia - UFO Hovers Over Queensland

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It looks like this one from last year , UFO Over Queensland 2011 .

My feeling is this is probably a night exercise by the RAAF from their base at Amberley Brisbane, Queensland .
www.airforce.gov.au...
Just a thought

edit on 26-3-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

Gortex that seems more on track to what is most likely going on

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yeah. I think you've got it.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by abe froman
This really looks like a blimp with an illuminated message scrolling along the canopy, they're actually pretty common.
No, not in Australia.

Yep why would anyone waste Advert Bucks on People when they are in Bed Asleep ?

The most they get in Australia is a Blimp "If they have one" during a sporting event... 22 million people don't equate to Huge Blimps flying around at night for fun

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Lets assume for a moment it is some kind of air force exercise. I have a big problem with the idea that public funds used for anything that is "secret."

National defense is an overt tactic to tell citizens
1. it's none of your business.
2. Your opinion is worthless
3. You the citizen are a threat and cannot be trusted
4. We the govt have no duty to inform you of anything.

The most basic tenet of democracy is that transparency is the most efficient means of taking advantage of the creativity of the individual. The fewer people involved in any decision affecting many virtually ensures the decisions will benefit the few.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Honestly it's almost impossible to determine whether any modern UFO sighting is a spaceship, a string of Chinese lanterns or some kind of lighted R/C craft. I personally have a quad with LED strips on it that looks more like a UFO than 95% of the videos I see posted around here. To give you an idea, here's a random YouTube clip of a quad with LED strips on it, skip to the 60 second mark to get an idea of what they look like in the air:

LED strips have gotten really cheap and really popular in R/C circles. Most people equip their planes, helis and quads with them just to make night-flying possible, but I have no doubt that there are people out there that do it to intentionally trick others into thinking they're seeing otherworldly craft. I'm sure both the intentional and the accidental versions are generating a lot of UFO reports these days.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Notice how his camera is set up, he is filming through the window. I am thinking reflection possibly from a passing car.

Oh man! You're absolutely right! And the lights the other residents saw must've been reflections too!

edit on 26-3-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Yes quite a few orbs up here in Surfers Paradise too..

I saw the tiniest translucent orb one day at the southern end of the GC beaches . It actually came up close once it saw that I saw it . Just floated over , had a look and retreated back out over the ocean .

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Some of the theories suggested are less plausible than an actual UFO! People viewed this in the sky, and not through windows, so the reflection idea is not a possibility.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
donno.;..

i smell a big disinfo campaign here...

you can see how the Alien Craft is only mentioned in the last part of the video and with quiet a comic approach..

now i can figure out why the guy who filmed the UFO is wearing a t-shirt with aliens and the word ELITE on it...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Originally posted by cripmeister
Notice how his camera is set up, he is filming through the window. I am thinking reflection possibly from a passing car.

Oh man! You're absolutely right! And the lights the other residents saw must've been reflections too!

edit on 26-3-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

I am open to the possibility that there was something in the sky at the time. But this is what it looks like to me at first glance, I think it's something that has to be considered. Too bad the guy didn't before going to the media, we might have been spared another easily explainable video.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow thats pretty cool. I seems like australia has gotten a lot of ufo activity lately.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

There appears to be a few places experiencing UFO - another thread running re sighting in London and here we now have another one accompanying the POPE arriving in Cuba:

Watch it appear at 0.57 - it makes me think - they're arriving as prominent news is happening ie., Queensland dumps Labour - ha ha Gillard - is anything significant happening in London - oh and Scotland too.

www.youtube.com...#!

edit on 26-3-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ok a few things

Amammor is a small town in Queensland, the idea of it being a blimp is absurd. Blimps are not common in australia in the slightist, except maybe (though very very rarely) at sporting events

He films it off a veranda, a common thing in most rural australian towns - so its not reflections

It's not a road either because the camera is aiming up and that would mean there are roads high up in the hills, which there does not seem to be any based on maps I've looked at

The disinfo part - this is rural queensland australia. I have no idea how and why disinfo would be there

The reason why you havnt seen anything about this more on the MSM is simply because Sunrise is a morning chat type show where they do fuzzy little fun pieces like this from time to time for the quirkiness of it

Think before jumping to absurd ideas!

Could just be military testing, RC, who knows

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ive lived in Australia for 35 years, and not once ever
seen a blimp. Not even at a Grand Final.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Cool infrared camera. I have to get one. I have seen strange things in my backyard before but this would be an opportune time to see if I can film and catch them on tape.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just a heads up... Amberley RAAF base is just outside Ipswich and no where near Amammor.

The Drake equation!!... that's up there with the most unscientific piece of garbage I have ever seen.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Fundie

Just a heads up... Amberley RAAF base is just outside Ipswich and no where near Amammor

I wouldn't say the 128 miles between Amberley and Amammor is nowhere near , it seems close enough to me for the OP video to be a training flight , especially given there is the other video of what looks to be the same thing from 2011 .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You do realise that Amammor is North-east of Amberley and there's a lot of suburbs between that '128miles'. If a squat little town in the middle of the sticks could record it, you better believe that a more densely populated area would have seen it. It's not from Amberley; that place is very open and very little can escape dedicated watchers.

There is a supposed secret american base in the middle of Australia. If anything was to happen, it would be there.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Fundie because: Added info

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waratah
Ive lived in Australia for 35 years, and not once ever
seen a blimp. Not even at a Grand Final.

You didnt see this one in 2006 then?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Wasn't there just a nice sized quake in that area I would keep a check for a few weeks to see if anything more majr happens

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join