It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKorea warns it might shoot down NKorean rocket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Seoul warned Monday that it might shoot down a North Korean rocket if it passes over South Korean territory, as worries about what Washington calls a long-range missile test overshadowed an international nuclear security summit.

Nearly 60 world leaders gathered Monday in Seoul to talk about ways to keep nuclear material out of the hands of terrorists. But North Korea has dominated attention in Northeast Asia since announcing earlier this month that it would send a satellite into space aboard a long-range rocket..

link

I think that the south is getting a little upset.

Lets see how this turns out.

I did a title search and did'nt see anyhting. I put it in the WW3 sector because of the implications of such a threat. If it is not in the right forum then, sorry.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Prediction:

North Korea is gonna launch their missile scott free. Nobody is gonna shoot it down. CNN reporters will have something to talk about.... My daughter is gonna need a diaper change... That's all.......

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I don't think junior can risk a fizzling dud, so I expect that the missle will be a capable one. I think this is probably rhetoric from South Korea, and most likely Washington will make some promises to keep SK from handling this themselves. Could get interesting though.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Well thats nice,

I personally think that the Koreas are a little upset that Iran has been getting all of the attention.

Prediction:

We will be seeing more Korea news in the headlines in the coming weeks.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

That still don't mean they'll do anything.... They're news when KJ Un burps...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I agree, but if you got your $200 million(or however much) toy rocket shot out of the sky, would'nt that make you a little upset?

Besides, we always need instability in the world. The oil man needs the money

edit on 25-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Are they actually talking about launching this WHILE all the VIP's are in Seoul? Well, now Junior does have a pair of his own it appears. He could really set the tone of a new Tyrant in Town (There is an acronym in there somewhere
) by putting a rocket right over the city that blows into a firework of his hand, flipping the bird.

I'm not sure why the long range missiles though. Unless he's testing systems inside like guidance that mate into Iranian missiles we know are based on the same designs. It could very well be more an Iranian test that Iran just can't realistically DO in this climate than N. Korea needing to make sure their missile works. I think the world agrees they are good at that for a product if nothing else.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Are they actually talking about launching this WHILE all the VIP's are in Seoul? Well, now Junior does have a pair of his own it appears. He could really set the tone of a new Tyrant in Town (There is an acronym in there somewhere
) by putting a rocket right over the city that blows into a firework of his hand, flipping the bird.

New TiT or NTiT for acronym?

Just saying

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

New TiT or NTiT for acronym?

Just saying

I like TIT.........

just saying.....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The S Koreans do not have the ba**s to do that. It is always talk only. Citizens of richer countries are scared to die and unlike the N Koreans who are already half past dead with not much of a life. While the rich south find entertainment fighting in amusement arcades, their northern brothers find entertainment in the real deal. They sank the S Korean frigate with the loss of 45 lives and what could the S Koreans do. If another Korean War starts the S Koreans would lose big time. If it was that easy to deal with the N Koreans it would have been done so years ago before they got hold of nuclear capability. It is a rabid country which even China would not want to touch with a ten foot pole. Create a lot of problems for China after it brokered a deal between N Korea and US for the food aid. Put China in a awkward position. Only solution is to watch them starve to death but their leader looks well fed and fat and they are not complaining.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
aren't they saying this long range missile is to launch a satellite or something to celebrate kim il-sung's 100th birthday? i have a friend that's gonna be attending this ceremony with his grandpa that's from the states. i doubt he'll get any info from there but i will ask him how things went.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Stryc9nine

With the reclusive N Koreans, they can use all kinds of excuses. Maybe they are testing on behalf of the Iranians who paid for the rocket and launch. Bearing in mind the state of affairs in N Korea, why should they dabble in rich man's toys if they are poor and starving. It makes no sense whatsoever. That is probably why the US is cutting them a deal in food aid to take them out of the Iranian equation.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think it's funny how the international community always mouths off against NK while they just do whatever they please.

It will be launched, nothing will happen, everyone will have forgotten this by the end of the week.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Obama also met with Chinese President Hu Jintao ahead of the summit Monday. Washington is seeking China's help in pressing Pyongyang to abandon announced plans to launch a satellite into space aboard a long-range rocket next month.

North Korea has said the "launch is part of its peaceful space program and says a new southern flight path is meant to avoid other countries," Al-Jazeera reported, noting that previous tests of its long-range missiles have been fired over Japan.

Obama warned in his remarks Monday that Pyongyang could jeopardize a planned U.S. food aid package for North Korea if it goes ahead with the launch..

link

Hmm food or rocket

The hungry people are going to be pissed, because you know that they are going to launch.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Id shoot it down too.
Them N. koreans are crazy.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Id shoot it down too.
Them N. koreans are crazy.

That made me laugh.

It would be something if the rocket "misfired" and went the wrong way.

new topics

top topics

join