It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Dreams, Visions, Vistations Among Muslims--Various Reports and Related Issues

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have been hearing of such dreams, visions and visitations among Muslims for more than 10-12 years.

I was not aware of how profoundly wide spread and frequent the phenomena are.

Following are a sampling of such reports. May they encourage us to pray for such new Believers around the world. May we learn from their experiences.

First is a youtube video about the topic:

Muslims Having Dreams & Visions of Jesus:

Visions and Dreams of Jesus Christ Stir Muslims to Leave Islam and Embrace Christ

www.youtube.com...

A Coptic priest describes how rich, poor, educated, uneducated are coming to Christ . . . as has never happened before in the Muslim world.

I think the video is fairly well done and presents a good overview.

It includes the narrative of a man who studied for years to become one of the most virulently fierce Wahabi Shiek's . . . Samer Achmed Mohammed . . . The change in this man's countenance on the video is very striking. The first photo is clearly of a fierce Jihadi type personality.

There's a brief bit about Heidi Baker's ministry among the Muslims . . . who notes that many mosque leaders have become belivers in Jesus . . . some through dreams and visions . . . and other miracles.

The video asserts that

...among African Muslims, "42% [come to Jesus through] visions, dreams, angelic appearances and hearing God's voice."

"A member of the Yakan people in Basilan Province dreamed that the Prophet Mohammed could not look Jesus in the eye. . . . "

www.amightywind.com...

@@@

isaalmasih.net...

"...In the dream, Jesus told me to come to Him and read the Bible and He would show me the way, truth and the life..."

@@@

Filipino Muslims Report Dreams of Jesus:

isaalmasih.net...

@@@

Central Asian Muslims dream Jesus:

www.intervarsity.org...

"His office has received thousands of letters from Muslims," says Bright. "Many tell of a dream they had: 'I saw Jesus. He declared to me "I am the way."

@@@
ADDITIONAL VIDEOS RE JESUS DREAMS AND VISIONS AMONG MUSLIMS:

@@@

I Had a Dream ...

Muslims Tell … “Why I chose Jesus”

Dreams and Visions

www.30-days.net...

A convert from the Middle East who had been afflicted with severe headaches was lying on his bed after having prayed for his sick son. A man with a beautiful, peaceful face appeared. Dressed in white, the figure walked to the head of the man’s bed and touched him three times on the head. The next morning his headaches were gone. His son, too, was fully healed. Understandably, he now recounts with confidence, “I believe in prayer in the name of the Christ.”

Two Types of Dreams

The great majority of dreams seem to fall into one of two broad categories. The first could be considered the preparatory dream. Like Christ appearing in a white robe, the vision confirms thoughts or conversations one has been having about Christ or the Christian faith. The second could be called the empowering dream. Here the dream or vision commonly gives the believer strength in the face of persecution. Short of persecution, it may embolden believers, strengthening the nature of their witness.

@@@

Dreams and Visions of Jesus

www.30-days.net...

One night he had a frightening dream. Then as second and a third. Then for six nights, Mohammed had similar dreams. Each time, Mohammed saw himself in different places and, regardless of where he was, the same man in white came and helped him. In the last dream (the 9th dream), Mohammed was sitting under a tree reading books that he couldn’t understand. The man in white (Jesus) was sitting beside him. Jesus took a book and said, “This book comes from the Lord and it has the message of God inside of it. In this book, I will show you verses which will help you.” Jesus read scriptures to Mohammed, including John 14:6, which says, “I am the way, the truth and the life." The next day Mohammed told a Christian acquaintance about his dream. Mohammed suffered greatly for his new found faith. He was rejected by his father and several times he was in danger of death by persecution.

@@@
From Dreams to Reality

Five Remarkable Testimonies

www.morethandreams.org...

Khalil (Egypt) - A radical Egyptian terrorist changed from a murderous “Saul” to a forgiving “Paul” after Jesus Christ visited him in a soul-penetrating dream. This hater of both Christians and Jews set out to discredit the Bible, but instead, he was transformed when Jesus appeared to him and changed his heart. (in Arabic * 28:51 minutes) (more...) [see link immediately below]:

Khalil started memorizing the Qur’an at a very early age and developed what he called a love for the word of God. As he grew older, he started reading books on Islam and the interpretation of the Qur’an. By sorting out Muslims from non-Muslims according to the Qur’an’s teaching, he ended up considering his own parents infidels. Little things such as a woman not wearing a veil would make her a non-Muslim according to the way he understood the Qur’an. If a man didn’t grow a beard he would be considered a non-Muslim. He considered the Christians his worst enemies and started getting involved in attacks against Christians and churches. The Islamic Group, dedicated to the overthrow of the secular government of Egypt and the installation of a strict Muslim government, recruited him into their ranks, appointing him as a local leader. His group became involved in kidnapping a famous moderate Muslim writer who had dared to criticize the Islamic Group.

One day as he was trying to make a phone call at a café, his attaché was stolen. The bag contained all of his research papers, his Bible and his identity card. He was terrified because everything he had written would be considered blasphemous, and the bag also contained his ID card. He rushed home, troubled and tormented. In his room he started repenting for all that he had done and thought that God was punishing him for daring to think that Mohammed was not sent from God and that the Qur’an was not the word of God. He repented, washed himself, and pulled his rug out to pray, but he couldn’t bend his knees nor open his mouth to say one word of the Qur’an. He sat down and said, “God you know that I love you, and I know that you want me on the right path. God, I can’t resist anymore. All that I did, I did trying to please you. Please pull me out of this darkness.”
That night, Khalil slept in a way he hadn’t slept for years. In a dream, he saw a man, who came to him and told him that he was the one for whom Khalil had been searching. Khalil didn’t know who the man was. The man told him to look in the Book (the Bible). Khalil said the Book and all his papers were lost, to which the man replied, “The book never gets lost. Get up and open your closet and you will find it. The rest of your papers will be returned to you by the end of the week.”
. . .

Out of characters.

To be continued next post.

I find these examples more than a little thrilling.

Blessed be the Name of The Lord.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES of Muslims having Dreams, Visions, Visitations and other miracles of Jesus, related to Jesus:

. . .
After several years of schooling, he returned home. One night he had a frightening dream. He saw people along the roadside who were suffering. He entered a gate and people took him and beat him. Then he was locked in a room that was very hot. It was so hot that his flesh began to peel off his body. As he began screaming and trying to kick the door open, he woke up. He couldn’t sleep for the rest of the night. The next night, he had another dream. This time he was on a different road and he saw decaying bodies. He came to the same gate, was beaten and taken to the same room. His flesh was melting off his body when a man dressed in white appeared. Suddenly, the room became cold and the people who were beating him disappeared. The man stretched his hand out and held Mohammed’s hand, saying, “My son, what are you doing here? Do you want me to take you home?” Mohammed says, “Within a second I was back home and he said to me, ‘I love you, my son.’”
. . .
The next day Mohammed went to meet a Christian acquaintance to tell him about this dream. This friend introduced him to some young men from another church and they led Mohammed to Christ. He told his parents that he was now a Christian. After several months, Mohammed’s father forced him to drink poison. He ordered men in the village to surround Mohammed so he couldn’t escape. Interestingly, two days earlier Jesus had appeared to Mohammed and told him that whatever difficulties he faced, He would make a way for him. Mohammed asked his father if he could pray before he swallowed the poison. He prayed, swallowed the poison, and went to bed. The next morning, to his father’s dismay, Mohammed was still alive. Later, his family tried to kill him by shooting him with a poisoned arrow. He spent a month in the hospital, but he survived this experience as well.
. . .

@@@

The month of Ramadan arrived and Dini became diligent with the religious practices of fasting and prayer. One night, during Ramadan, she decided to pray the tahajud prayer. The tahajud prayer is not one of the five required daily prayers. It is only done at midnight and, in particular, it includes petitions that ask God for signs. Dini set her alarm clock and woke up to pray. She says, “I had such strong faith that whatever I asked God for that night, God would listen and give His answer.” At the end of the prayer which she had memorized, she cried out to God and said, “God, I am confused. I’m very confused about the way to meet Your approval.” She continued, “God, if you wish for me to live life within your demands, then tonight show me the right path. If you do not show me, God, then let me live life the way I want. I won’t ever again care about the rules of religion. And if I die, don’t send me to hell. I didn’t know what was right! It wouldn’t be fair for me to go to hell, God. You never showed me the right way. What I want, God, is to be shown the right path tonight. I will live my life the way you appoint it.”
A bright light then appeared and she saw a figure standing in front of her. The man was wearing a white robe but she couldn’t see his face clearly. She doesn’t know how but she realized that the figure was Isa. He said, “Follow me,” and she was confused and thought, “Lord, I am a Muslim. How can I follow you?” She asked several other questions as she wondered how she could follow the God of the Christians. She heard another voice saying, “You can’t possibly follow Him. Forget your prayer! Forget the intention of leading a good life!” When she looked at the man in white, she felt calm and peaceful. Jesus continued to say, “Follow me,” as He stretched out His hand. Dini struggled over her decision but finally she said, “God, if this is the way of truth, okay. I want to follow you.” The moment she said that, she felt as if ice was pouring over her chest. At the same time, she felt a peace she had never experienced before. She says, “I felt something extraordinary inside my heart.”

@@@

Running out of characters again. Let me delete this last truncated chunk . . . OK 500+ characters left LOL

I'm struck by the variety of the dreams and visions . . . and the meticulous care Jesus takes with each individual. He persistently meets each one exactly where they are in their life, in their emotions, intellect, psychology, spirituality--He meets them emphatically at their point of need in tailor-made ways.

Sounds like the Jesus I know.

To be continued.

edit on 25/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: fix ex parameters

edit on 25/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I need to hit the shower but I wanted to throw this one that got truncated due to the character limit last post out onto the thread.

Although Ali wasn’t a religious man—his family said they were Muslims but they didn’t really know much about the religion—he decided to go to Mecca, hoping that this would free him from alcoholism. He says, “I made a decision in my heart. I am going to be a true pilgrim. I am going to be a true Muslim and I will quit drinking.” The first night he was at Mecca, Ali had a dream. In the dream, Jesus took Ali’s hand and said, “You belong to me.” He also put His finger on Ali’s forehead and said, “You need to leave this place and go right now.” When Ali woke up, he felt like he was floating so he touched the carpet to make sure that he was still on the ground. He continued to hear Jesus’ voice saying, “You need to come with me. You belong to me.” Ali’s friends saw a shiny spot on his forehead where Jesus had touched him, but when Ali looked in the mirror, he couldn’t see it. (This spot on his forehead looked like “sim,” a glittery type of makeup that Turkish brides wear.)
Ali decided to continue his pilgrimage. However, his one-month old car would not start. He kept hearing Jesus’ voice saying, “You need to go from here.” Once he changed his mind and decided to leave Mecca, his car started. He went home to his apartment and heard the same voice again. This time Jesus told him that he should go back to Turkey. Within three days, he was at a “welcome home” party in Turkey. Again, he heard the voice. This time, Jesus told him to tell everyone at the party that he was now a Christian. He did this, but the people didn’t really take him seriously.
. . .

It's fascinating to me . . . how often . . . Jesus does NOT do things the way a lot of Christians ASSUME He would.

He can be firm and directive in some emergency kinds of situations but usually He seems to be extremely gentle; calm; patient and to take His time over days, weeks or months to woo someone to His heart and side.

Fascinating.

I thought it was fun about how his new car would not start to continue the Mecca effort but would immediately start to leave Mecca etc.

And, of course, I have no explanation as to why Jesus picks some vs others

UNLESS IT IS AS THE SCRIPTURE INDICATES:

THOSE WHO [earnestly, genuinely, eagerly] SEEK ME [ALMIGHTY FATHER GOD] SHALL FIND ME.

It seems to be some intense, deep heart authenticity to KNOW, TO FIND, GOD that is a key factor.

And, even with those fiercely and formerly arrogant etc. there seems to be a CAPACITY, WILLINGNESS

TO BE QUICKLY HUMBLE.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What does this prove? This proves that the human mind constantly wants to believe there is a greater power or beings that control and created humanity. If someone showed me the brain waves of those who had visions then maybe I'd be convinced that these dreams were not triggered by desire.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jonthedit

lol

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

No doubt about it there is a transformation going in within Islam. Those still loyal to Muhammad do not have the power to overcome the Living God. I believe this is supposed to happen before the tribulation begins if i remember correctly.

I believe it is true, Saul of Tarsus spent his entire life up until he met Christ on the road, persecuting the christians and when face to face with Yeshua he knew exactly who he was...LORD, and converted that minute instantly.

It's explosive when a jew makes the connection of who Yeshua is, because they are raised from the cradle knowing the prophecies and the symbolism and when they actually read the new testament they instantly make the connection with what they were taught. Changing the water into wine is a major one, because only the Messiah could do that and they know this.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonthedit
What does this prove? This proves that the human mind constantly wants to believe there is a greater power or beings that control and created humanity. If someone showed me the brain waves of those who had visions then maybe I'd be convinced that these dreams were not triggered by desire.

Huh? What does desire have to do with it? Even if you saw their brainwaves you still wouldn't believe, you'd still make up whatever excuse to keep from believing.

I can have all the desire in the world and i don't dream about what i desire.

Besides these are muslim, why in the world would they dream about Yeshua? He's nothing more than a human prophet to them, the Quran isn't even built around Christ, it's built around Muhammad.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Actually the above paragraph indicates to me . . .

a great lack of thoughtfulness about the evidence.

As someone who teaches 'critical thinking skills' at the college level in my Intro to Psych classes . . . I don't see any evidence of such skills in the above paragraph.

"Desire" does not trigger such dreams any more than a pebble on the road to Damascus triggered Paul's vision that left him blind until he was prayed for by Annanias in Damascus.

Further, desire could NOT have engineered some of the miraculous events related to some of the dreams.

Nor is it REMOTELY LOGICAL that MUSLIM DESIRE would conjure up JESUS AS GOD. That's NOT REMOTELY LOGICAL.

Sigh.

None are so blind as those who WILL NOT see.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I love it.

I too thought of Saul on the road to Damascus on reading that post.

Only Holy Spirit can engineer such events and transformations.

As the old hymn says so well . . .

What can take away my sins . . .

NOTHING but the Blood of Jesus . . .

What can make me whole within

NOTHING but the Blood of Jesus . . .

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Here's part 1 of Khalil's story in video with English subtitles:

Jesus Saves Khalil, an Egyptian Muslim (part 1)

www.youtube.com...

Part 2:

www.youtube.com...

Part 3:

www.youtube.com...

@@@

And another moving series:

Jesus Saves Khosro, An Iranian Muslim (part 1)

www.youtube.com...

Jesus Saves Khosro, An Iranian Muslim (part 2)

www.youtube.com...

Jesus saves Khosro, an Iranian Muslim (part 3)

www.youtube.com...

And, a third series:

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (1)

www.youtube.com...

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (2)

www.youtube.com...

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (3)

www.youtube.com...

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (4)

www.youtube.com...

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (5)

www.youtube.com...

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (6)

www.youtube.com...

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (7)

www.youtube.com...

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (8)

www.youtube.com...

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (9)

www.youtube.com...

I SAW JESUS! - Pakistani Muslim Gulshan Esther's Story (10)

www.youtube.com...

@@@

Jesus Speaks to a Muslim Woman--Nadia Khalil Bradley Pt 1

www.youtube.com...

. . . Nadia is having dinner with a friend . . . when the face of Jesus The Christ appeared to her in a bright light in the air between her and her friend . . . He communicated to Nadia and then began communciating to her friend about all the concerns her friend had brought to dinner.

@@@

FOR ME, the videos bring to vivid life the passionate transformations that occurred at deep levels in the individuals' constructions on reality; spiritual reality; their identities; over all perspectives on who they were and what life's priorities were all about. Given such personal narratives . . . "paradigm shift" seems like toooo mild a term to use in such cases.

This gal is one of the most articulate, practical, candid, assertive spokespersons for such realities as I've ever seen.

I suspect that most of the naysayers will not bother with more than 0.00001% of the evidence presented on this thread. Yet, they will sound like they are emphatically confident of their perspectives. That seems to be virtually always the case. Sigh.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

There is no such thing as mass hallucinations, ask any Psychologist.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

And, of course, I have no explanation as to why Jesus picks some vs others

I have an explanation.

Ephesians 1: 3-6

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

We were chosen before we were born. This ties into the parable Jesus spoke of the wheat and the tares. I think his entire purpose for sending the Apostles and future generations of christians out to spread his word, was to find the sleepers who would accept him upon hearing of him. He knew very well that the entire world was not going to accept him, he knew this long before he came here in the flesh. This is why people hear of Jesus but they do not believe, the miracles the apostles and early christians performed were the sign the sleepers needed to see, even today they still need a sign or some "proof" like the Royal Seal of a King upon a letter.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

There is no such thing as mass hallucinations, ask any Psychologist.

Absolutely INDEED.

It's a nonsensical rationalization for those who don't have or are too lazy to use critical thinking skills.

It's slightly interesting to watch the absurd fantasies folks come up with--pretending--that they explain such phenomena away.

God is likely to continue making such rationalizations even more and more absurd.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Ravi Z is such a treasure.

IIRC, I met him in Taipei on a trip of his there.

His mind is incredible. And, he's not all puffed up about himself.

Anyone trying to go head to head with him has a daunting task set out for them.

He backs up his assertions logically and with solid facts.

He knows his topic quite thoroughly as well.

Thanks for the video link.

WIll try to get to it after lunch.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I don't have anything to add to the PREDESTINATION/FREE WILL debate of the centuries.

The Bible also says . . . WHOSOEVER WILL MAY COME.

And

That God would that none would perish.

Somehow between all those Scriptures, HE WORKS HIS PLAN.

Sometimes it seems like He spends people like water. Yet, he numbers the hairs on every head and knows when a sparrow falls.

I know He wastes nothing . . . least of all people.

Certainly the dreams and visions of Jesus seem to be part of His insuring that those He called from the foundation of the world join the team overtly in this time/space dimension.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Ravi is indeed a treasure I'll always have. I can't think of a better apologist in Christendom, with the late Dr. Greg Bahnsen and Dr. Jason Lisle coming in a distant 2nd and 3rd.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I don't have anything to add to the PREDESTINATION/FREE WILL debate of the centuries.

Yes, but since Einstein discovered the nature of time none of us anymore has an excuse to be "fuzzy" on this issue that has split the body of Christ for centuries.

A: BOTH are correct. We who are in Christ were chosen before the foundation of the world, AND whoseover will may come. Arminianism and Calvinism are both correct in what they assert and both wrong in what they deny:

66/40 Podcast (Specifically parts 4 & 5)

and then listen to:

"Unlimited Limited Atonement" (Very funny)

When one understands and applies modern physics the apparent conundrum vanishes completely. I've been in Reformed theological churches, and been in Arminian theological churches. It's hilarious though because Calvinists and hyper-Calvinists call me an Arminian and the Arminians all call me a Calvinist.

The truth is this:

"The truth is a river that flows between the banks of two extremes."

edit on 26-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Good points.

When i was in Taipei the first tour with the U.S. Navy . . . an old Assembly of God missionary from Mainland China spoke routinely at our small external AoG sponsored military chapel.

I asked him to speak once on the issue of 'eternal Salvation' etc.

I figured I'd get the standard AOG line.

Wrong.

He essentially said as you have--both are Biblical and correct.

He didn't realize the time element . . . was a rather down to earth sort of fellow. Beloved man and his wife who were among the last to escape out of Mainland China as missionaries in 1955.

In terms of the Iranian Christians . . . I think your points about time would fit reasonably enough.

Regardless, Christ IS showing Himself very miraculously and dramatically to many hundreds, if not thousands of Muslims around the world--including in Iran.

PRAISE GOD FOR THAT. May He guide them to an ever closer walk and RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM and give them every needful Provision and protection.

Thx

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by BO XIAN

Ravi is indeed a treasure I'll always have. I can't think of a better apologist in Christendom, with the late Dr. Greg Bahnsen and Dr. Jason Lisle coming in a distant 2nd and 3rd.

I dont' know how many of such resources are translated and available for the beleagered Christians in Iran. But it would be a worthy project to translate the following for them:

I think Francis Schaeffer sp? did a good job with HOW SHOULD WE THEN LIVE

And

Del Tacket does a great job with THE TRUTH PROJECT put out by Focus on The Family.

And Dr Walter Martin was great in his day.

His KINGOM OF THE CULTS is still a classic reference work. I think his daughter has finally rescued it from the arrogant clueless fellow.

edit on 27/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join