It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone out there notice a "Metallic" smell in the air lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I noticed this metallic smell while I was out for a walk tonight. I live in Grand Haven, MI and it smelled like a hot auto engine, more like a thrashed clutch-plate, but there were no cars around.

I smelled the same thing about this time last year...a week after Fukushima went up...and then off and on for about a month afterwords. Now, it's back. I'm wondering if its origin is local but I've lived here all my life and have never smelled such a poignant strong iron/copper odor. It's thick; you can taste it but you can't see it. The sky was clear today, too. No clouds.

Any ideas? I've heard radioactive Iodine will give off a metallic smell.

edit on 25-3-2012 by NowIsThe because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NowIsThe

I haven't smelled anything out of the norm...But did wake up this morning with this salty,bitter,metallic taste that wont go away.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hmm. Not metallic, but in northernMN, I've noticed a smell of saline solution

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

that gives you a metallic taste.

i donate plasma and get that taste and the cold vein.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsatan
Hmm. Not metallic, but in northernMN, I've noticed a smell of saline solution

I asked my wife if she smelled the salty saline smell around 6:00pm in Louisville Ky
she said sure smells salty lol IDK someones bound to explain it. or not

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

I live not that far from one I'll dig later to see if they may had an accident. but I don't think that's it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is definitely a strong metallic smell, more so than a taste. While I was out walking, it was intermittent. Seems like if it were from Fukushima or a plant venting across the lake in Wisconsin, I would smell it everywhere. However, last year after Fukushima, I could smell it from town to town as I traveled for work.
edit on 25-3-2012 by NowIsThe because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
vapors for the boiling magma under our feet.

it was a sulfur smell the other day.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Not quite sure what you mean by metallic, but I'm smelling sulfur from the water tap here in Illinois.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

mine is chlorine. heavy on the chlorine and cesnium.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I smelled something like burnt toast early this morning. It went away shortly after breakfast....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is a good thread. But why are you so sure this smell is coming from Fukushima? Anyone followed it with their nose, across thousands of miles of windy ocean. Just wondering...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Last fall going to a Wedding in Port Orchard Washington area traveling from Portland Oregon. My daughter and I noticed a strong metallic metal smell. First thought that came to mind was radiation fallout.

new topics

top topics

join