It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about Bob and Nancy Straight? Jessie, Sharpton, "New" Black Cats? How's this family doing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by Xcathdra

27,000+ murders occur every day in the United States, Not every one of them is not going to make CNN. Why are you blaming civil rights activists? That makes absolutely no sense. Get that sensationalist garbage out of here.

Because of those 27k senseless deaths, the civil rights leaders in question only comment on the ones they can use for spin and nothing else. If race relations are so bad in this country, as claimed by several, why not spend more time trying to find common ground and less time blaming a "White Hispanic"?

If this action is so reprehensible, as the civil rights leaders are constantly stating, then why are they quiet on what the Black Panthers are doing (the bounty they places on Zimmerman). So 2 wrongs make a right if one of the victems is Black?

Its ok to attack / kill a person based on an accusation of the black community?

the civil rights leaders in question don't care about what they preach. They only care about how they can best exploit this situation in order to continue planting seeds of discontent in order to keep themselves employed.

If it were anything but, they would be denouncing the Black Panthers actions in addition to calling for the Black community to allow an investigation. They would be calling for calm to allow the system to work. They would be arguing innocent until proven guilty.

Instead they pulled another 100 meter rush to judgment, and only under scrutiny are we finding out that Mr. Zimmerman may not even be at fault for what occured.

Unless you can explain to the rest of us, for sure, what occured between the moment of contact between the 2 and the arrival of the police on scene.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well, they aren't using any derogatory terms to describe Zimmerman, and frankly all I can see is that they are calling for a proper investigation and an arrest. It's a mothers right to know if their child was unjustly killed. The common ground approach is multi-faceted; reactions to this case is one of those sides. I really think you're over exaggerating.

You make some very assumptive lump statements that simply aren't true. Historically, the Black Panthers and more pacifistic civil rights leaders do not get along. The actions of the Black Panthers are not representative of the whole.

I've seen you comment on a few cop cases and I'm sure you know this type of reaction; more commonly on a smaller scale. People are going to jump to conclusions and if they're wrong, they probably still won't think they are. It's inevitable.

The MSM is painting Zimmerman as a vigilante wannabe, and I think he is.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

REally?

Following the death of Martin, Rev. Al Sharpton, the leader of Trayvon Martin rally, the Congressional Black Caucus and NAACP condemned the shooting and labeled it a racially-motivated "hate crime."

No investigation... right out of the gate this is what the civil rights leaders started with - source

The only civil rights leader that I have seen / read their statements that make perfect sense -

A civil rights leader named Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, founder and president of BOND, the Brotherhood Organization of A New Destiny, hit back at Sharpton saying that his outrage over Trayvon Martin shooting was false.

Peterson released a statement regarding the issue:

"It's hypocritical for so-called black 'leaders' to call for the prosecution of George Zimmerman and accuse the police of racism without knowing the facts. Black-on-black crime takes place every day. And blacks kill whites in far greater numbers than whites kill blacks. Yet, we only see these leaders and their hypnotized black followers worked up when a black is victimized by another race. This is racist and evil.

same source as above.

Civil rights leaders call for zimmermans gun permit to be suspended
Again a rush to judgement.

Instead of taking the evidence as is, they accuse the police of a coverup.
Civil rights leaders demand Police chief resign.

Yeah... no 100 meter rush to judgment here. Now that this mess has made it to the national stage, the priosecuting attorney is convening a grand jury. This is based on political rpessure from groups who have no interest in the law as well as those who want to do an end run around of the law.

there is a famous statement regarding a Grand Jury - They will indict a ham sandwhich.

If the evidence confirms Zimmerman was within the law, and they go forward with prosecution, I would support Zimmermans challenge for prosecutorial misconduct and abuse of office.

* - Other items being ignored
* - Treyvan Martin did not live in the neighborhood. His father did and he was staying with him for a few days.
* - Treyvan Martin was suspended from school for drug residue found in his backpack
* - Zimmerman went to the Hospital because he had a broken nose and other injuries sustained from Treyvan Martins actions.

I want to know what occured from contact between the 2 and the time the police arrived before I jump on the stone Zimmerman bandwagon.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You should re-read your last sentence. There's your problem.

"The MSM is painting Zimmerman out to be..."

Good to know you agree with them, instead of actually looking at the facts and what happened compared to the outcries that is the black community. I do not defend Zimmerman, I wasn't there so I don't know what happened (I don't think you were either, so you don't know for sure, either), but the way the media has blown this "racial" act out of the water, and the way the black community has reacted (tshirts saying "P**** Ass Cracker") is absolutely absurd.

And yet the black community is still in the "right" on this case, yet they can literally make shirts showing their racism (and ignorance, too, Zimmerman was Hispanic - not a "cracker"). And stories about how a black teenager sexually assaults an elderly woman, than kills her and her husband get no coverage, there's no outrage of "That boy was racist against white people!" from whites, and whites SURELY have made no shirts saying P**** Ass N***** for actually murdering two people.

Yeah, imagine how the black community would react to that. Every white person in the world would be racist for it. It's called a double standard, it's wrong, manipulative, and racist.

Here are some facts, and they are readily available all over this site/internet. Trayvon was a known drug dealer, and was serving an eight-day suspension. Not that innocent little teenage boy the MSM paints for you (they make sure to give you the picture of him from seventh grade, not one of the many pictures of him smoking weed that were once on his Facebook). Zimmerman was reported of having grass stains on his back, and eyewitnesses have said that it was Zimmerman yelling for help.

Like I said, I wasn't there - a dead man can't talk - so I don't know what happened. We probably never will mainly because of the black community's jump to conclusions of deeming this "cracker" as a racist.

Oh, the irony.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You're pulling all this out of your ass. Were you ever competent enough to fill out a census or take a standardized test? African-American,Asian-american, native-american and pacific islander, and Caucasian are the 4 choices for race. Hispanic and non-Hispanic are sub-categories.

.................................................*sigh* how many choices for race are there? lets see...
1. african-american
2. asian-american
3. native-american
4.pascific islander
5. caucasian
yup, those are the 4 choices

you act and think like you know it all, yet you're deluding yourself. caucasian-hispanic and caucasian-not hispanic are two separate choices. you should refrain from calling others incompetent.

i think the mere fact that people like al sharpton and jesse jackson fight so strongly for "the black community" while neglecting all the others is racist in itself.

john adams gave us a picture of what justice should look like. he went to court and helped to DEFEND the british soldiers involved in the boston massacre, saying that it was "one of the most gallant, generous, manly, and disinterested actions of my whole life, and one of the best pieces of service I ever rendered my country."

you perceive sides that do not exist. john adams by rights should have felt much anger towards the british for what happened, but he looked at it fairly and represented them in court. i see no such behavior today, i only see the squabbling of petty children.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Update -
Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.
Zimmerman had claimed he had called police about Martin, whom he found suspicious, then went back to his car when Martin attacked him, punching him.

The new information is the most complete version yet of what Zimmerman claims happened on the night of Feb. 26 when he shot and killed the teenager.

In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning. He was not arrested.

Also -

ABC News has learned there is tremendous pressure from local and state authorities for an arrest.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

i agree with you on this one, though sadly zimmerman is going to be killed if he is let free. the pressure for his arrest was created by the MSM in the first place.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think most of you have made good points...

thank you all for responding to this thread..

this thread really bothered me a lot..

not from just a race issue..

but from the point of these people being together so long,

just to have it all taken away for 200$ and a T.V....

really? is this what we have come to ?

We will never see Sharpton, Jackson or any other Black leader in America say squat about this case..

no apologies, no T-shirts with that kids face on them with "P****Y Gang Banger" or any "wanted posters"

That guys mostly Blind wife is DEAD and we aint gonna bring her back....

my point is this...It should of never happened in the first place..

but when it did...it should have been all over the news...

these people spent a lifetime together....

they deserve a little more respect than this...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I figured this was likely the case, since even the MSM news reported Zimmerman had head injuries.

There are still a LOT of people that think just because Martin did not have a gun Zimmerman had no right to shoot him. Frankly, I don't care if you attack a stranger with a wiffle bat, if you strike first you take your chance with death.

Naturally, when Zimmerman is cleared of charges, we shouldn't expect an apology.. I don't recall ever hearing from one with the Duke Lacrosse players after being framed and demonized without evidence.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I figured this was likely the case, since even the MSM news reported Zimmerman had head injuries.

There are still a LOT of people that think just because Martin did not have a gun Zimmerman had no right to shoot him. Frankly, I don't care if you attack a stranger with a wiffle bat, if you strike first you take your chance with death.

Naturally, when Zimmerman is cleared of charges, we shouldn't expect an apology.. I don't recall ever hearing from one with the Duke Lacrosse players after being framed and demonized without evidence.

I completely agree that we need to have all the info before moving forward. I find it weird at times when people who constantly denounce the news media all of a sudden takes it at face value in cases like this. People argue that Mr. Zimmerman escalated the encounter which justified Mr. Martins actions, arguing self defense. The problem with that is they are using the very law to justify Martins actions while at the same time stating it does not apply to Zimmerman.

As far as striking first thats another point of contention people have. Confronting an individual in a verbal manner is not the same as physically engaging an individual in a physical confrontation.

As far as an apology goes Mr. Zimmerman has issued one. Yet people still are looking for some rope and a tall tree to cash in on the bounty the black panthers placed on Zimmerman. I still have yet to see anyone from the other side of this calling for clam to allow the investigation to continue.

Ironic yet not surprising. Had this been the other way around I doubt it would even be covered by the news. Certainly we wouldn't see any civil rights leaders present, and Mr. Zimmerman would be listed as Hispanic instead of White-Hispanic.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Yeah, if I attacked someone every time I was followed while be cussed at, screamed at, things thrown in my general direction .. well .. I'd probably end up killing someone once a day downtown.

What I don't get.. for blacks.. is why they let these ass clowns speak on their behalf. They do bad for their own community 9 times out of 10.. I feel without the likes of Jesse Jackson and Sharpton race relations would be a lot better in this country.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
What I don't get.. for blacks.. is why they let these ass clowns speak on their behalf. They do bad for their own community 9 times out of 10.. I feel without the likes of Jesse Jackson and Sharpton race relations would be a lot better in this country.

For the same reason that we, as voting citizens in the US, constantly keep electing / sending people to Congress / White House who are all NTAC 2.0 compliant (No talent hmmm clown).

Whether or not its civil right leaders, Congress, White House etc etc etc, we seem to have become immune to the spousal abuse. We get upset because of their actions, only to turn around and re-elect them while saying "I lubb him / her.. don't take them to jail".

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
These people were in their HOME. What kind of monster goes into someone's HOME, and rapes an old woman and beats her to death? In front of her sick old husband?

I don't care WHAT color any of them were, but what bugs me about the Zimmerman case is all the people I have witnessed yelling for GUN control over that one.

Maybe that's why the home invasion case gets no press time. It makes me want a loaded gun in every room of my house and by my bed handy. Which there is, and it's going to stay that way because monsters exist.

DTR- it was 2 white monsters that went into that white family's home and then made the woman go and get money from the bank before killing all of them but the dad. Manson and that gang were all white too, going into the Tate's house.

Monsters come in every color there is.
edit on 26-3-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Don't drink the Kool Aid. This has nothing to do with some black kid getting shot by a non black. People are getting more and more pissed off every day. That anger has to be directed someplace. People are stupid and letting the media lead them around by the nose. It's all about keeping everyone so pissed off at each other they forget the real cause of their misery.

Poor, disadvantaged, broke, homeless, uninsured, uneducated none of these things have a color anymore.

We need to agree on what color we will be wearing when the SHTF so we don't end up killing our own.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I've seen this argument all over the boards. In order to avoid arguing with teenagers (not you) I will say it once.

If you are hispanic and filling out a form, you check "white". If you are hispanic and in the U.S. you are legally "white". So for the news and everybody else to call him "white", they are legally correct.

If you still see "Hispanic" on a form, it is either very old, or is collecting statistics.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Holy cow, Three pages in and not one of you has even noticed the main difference in this case and the Treyvon Martin case... (HINT: it's not the coloir of skin). IT IS THE FACT THAT THE CRIME WAS INVESTIGATED AND THE PERPETRATOR WAS ARRESTED!!!

The outrage in the Martin case stems not from the fact that the victim was African American, or really any minority for that matter, but because the man who shot and killed the 17year old unarmed boy is still walking free and in possession of the gun that killed him. I don't know all the facts and I don't pretend to, however, I do KNOW that if Zimmermann had stayed in his vehicle and not followed Treyvon (as he was asked to do by the 911 dispatcher) none of us would know either of their names right now because no one would have died.

By the way,I live in Oklahoma and we have a "make my day" law very similar to Florida's "stand your ground" law, and in my opinion the law isn't the problem. The biggest problem I have is that the Police did not investigate this as a crime initially. Which means they took the shooter's word for what occurred. Fine, except the man who otherwise might be facing murder 1 charges might not be the best witness as to who the aggressor was, and furthermore, cursory review of the 911 tapes makes it abundantly clear, that no matter what happened outside the vehicle, Mr. Zimmerman followed the boy and made contact with him despite instructions not to. As the facts come out, it may be clear that he acted in self defense in the end, but had he not been a vigilante in the first place none of this would have occurred, and had the police simply arrested him and investigated the matter, then his eventual exoneration would not have stirred nearly the public outcry that the actual handling of the case has caused.

I think anyone who is trying to muddy the waters of this issue with stories of black on white crime (when the thug criminal was in fact arrested) is either missing the entire point or simply race baiting. Either way, not what I call denial of ignorance.

- Peace
AAH

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

but when it did...it should have been all over the news... these people spent a lifetime together.... they deserve a little more respect than this...

Who says you have to have national media coverage when you die? These families don't get peace at mind knowing that the murder of their loved ones is the talk of the day. The murderers went to jail. Just let the victims rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Yeah, those are the correct four categories:

www.census.gov...

As the above table illustrates, the Hispanic population is predominately White. Because the number of Hispanics in the Black, American Indian & Alaska Native, and Asian & Pacific Islander categories is relatively small and thus difficult to estimate accurately at smaller levels of geography, our tables which display race and Hispanic origin information divide only the White category by ethnicity. The complete race by Hispanic origin breakdown is available in our data sets.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Cases like this make me support the death penalty.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

* - Other items being ignored
* - Treyvan Martin did not live in the neighborhood. His father did and he was staying with him for a few days.
* - Treyvan Martin was suspended from school for drug residue found in his backpack
* - Zimmerman went to the Hospital because he had a broken nose and other injuries sustained from Treyvan Martins actions.

His dad lived in the neighborhood. He can go outside and walk around the neighborhood any day or any time.

The reason Trayvon was suspended isn't known yet. The principle initially said he was in an unauthorized part of school. Who knows. (Oh no, he smoked a little weed, he's such a bad kid! :@@

Zimmerman did not go to the hospital immediately after the incident.

But, you're a big law guy right? What does any of that have to do with the night that he was MURDERED?! All that matters is what happened on the night of February 26th!
edit on 27-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join