It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shows like Ancient Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Ancient aliens tends to rely very heavily on arguments from ignorance and appeals to mystery to support it's ideas, these are logical fallacies. No show on the subject has ever presented solid evidence for the visitation of Earth by extraterrestrials in antiquity and thus they are forced to rely on faulty logic.

The show isn't meant to be a matter-of-fact, it's a fun to imagine monologue. Whether the presented material is plausible or not, coupled with further research, belongs to the viewer.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

The show is on the HISTORY channel, excuse me for expecting a little academic integrity from them

If this were on the Syfy (sci-fi) channel things would be a bit different, I could see it being passed off as just entertainment meant to spark the imagination into further research of the subject. As such however there are people who take this stuff seriously and act as if the show presents a good case when it does nothing of the sort. Then there's folks like me that like to point out the bad reasoning and get a good laugh at Giorgio's hair

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Moon Rising Documentary ...Very Interesting.

You can download all the parts in great quality here , no fee:

www.4shared.com...=17374459

Hope you will enjoy

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Recommended website for documentaries with explanations and links . Great Source :

www.hyper.net...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RevolutionSpeaks

its a radio show that talks about everything from aliens to ghosts to the reason why you have lint in your bellybutton!!!
it can be very interesting though,pretty cool ive been tuned in for about 10 years.google it

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Hi!!

Check out a US TV show from the 90's called "Sightings" It'd be on youtube. I used to love it. Tim White hosts it. It was great!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevolutionSpeaks

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by RevolutionSpeaks
Hi so I've been watching Ancient Aliens for a while now and I've watched every episode. I think most of the theory's on that show make absolutely no sense when shown in the context of actual evidence and not the lies they perpetuate and really like watching it and thinking about this kind of stuff. Does anyone know of a terrible show like this ? I've also watched every episode of conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura and think it is one of the best unintentional comedies on TV. so basically any opinion helps thanks!

There, I fixed it for you.

oh haha why don't you tell me why you think they make absolutely no sense then rather than just being like oh yeah that makes no sense because that's not gonna make me believe you ? but seriously I wanna know I like debating this kind of thing it helps bring clarity and truth.

That made me laugh. He still hasn't replied back to you because he couldn't elaborate on his opinions stole from other people. Everyone loves jumping on the "Ancient Aliens make no sense" bandwagon. You don't "like" the idea of past extraterrestrial visitation so you say the show makes no sense. Cool. But explain why and maybe we could have an intelligent discussion.

The only show I could recommend would be The Universe, but its not really about theories like Ancient Aliens.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
A huge amount of that show is confirmation bias. Plus there's a lot of stuff like coming to conclusions first and making everything fit the conclusion. Basically, these guys can't believe in anything other than ancient aliens when there might be other answers. And sometimes I can't stand how they come to their conclusions, because they often get the facts of what mainstream science actually teaches wrong.

However, I do like the show myself, as I like seeing the places and learning of the local lore in those places they go to.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I like the show.
It shows a few interesting things I haven't seen before.
But it's mostly a rehash of things i've read before.

Giorgio with his hair is awesome though. I get a good laugh when I see his hair do.
lol

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I was gonna post something similar. This guy makes the show...Him and his hair....The only thing I don't like is that this show and most other conspiracy theories cannot and willnot accept or listen to any critisism. Everything is about Aliens. If you listen to this guy, there were Aliens all over the place...I think they had a diner in times square.....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

TextAre you a prominent researcher or scientist?

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by LastProphet527

Until all the shows focus on the ‘triangle ‘and the ‘caves‘, then all shows will be cancelled because it isn’t, and will never be, proof on any of the stupid topics, and shows that they have come out with. I told UFO hunters to look in the caves. They didn’t, look what happened to them.

So these TV shows life spans revolve around your advice?

Are you a prominent researcher or scientist?

How are these topics stupid?

Put it this way, I wrote the first 4 seasons of ancient aliens until we had a little disagreement with a@e ,and the history channel. after the 4th season I stopped giving them information due to there lack of putting a good show together.

TextAre you a prominent researcher or scientist?

No,i stumbled into something, and found out alot, about alot of things that not to many people understand or know about.

edit on 26-3-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Just check your TV Guide and look for History Channel, or H2. Lots of info shows on these channels

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I disagree with the premise of the show in several ways. They would have you believe our species is so stupid we needed alien intervention to teach to make fire and stack rocks on top of each other.

That being said, I have learned about a few "real" archaeological sites I did not know about through the show over the first couple years it was on. "Puma-punku" and "Gobekli-Tepe" to name a couple. This lead me to research both sites through well founded scientific and "real" archaeological sites and links and was amazed at the development of our culture long before we thought certain things were possible.

The thing about Von-Danikan is...he is a known crook....he spent time in prison for fraud...no...truth. Go figure.

Crazy haired guy just listen to him and Zachariah Sitchen...who....may have been well intentioned...was....well...wrong...he made many mistakes in his translations of ancient Sumerian tablets.

It's not "Anunaki"...it's Anuna...and they were the Gods of the Underworld.

Nibiru was not a planet, it was a city....

I enjoy AA for entertainment purposes but I don't like the disrespect they cast at our ancestors...our ancestors had the same mental capacity as we do....they were clever and resourceful...and we should not disrespect them and give credit to "Ancient Alien Visitors"...we are smart..."We don't need no stinking aliens"....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I wrote the first 4 seasons of ancient aliens until we had a little disagreement with a@e ,and the history channel. after the 4th season I stopped giving them information due to there lack of putting a good show together.

I can not stand megalomaniacs spouting BS and expecting other people to buy it. Just in the way you have framed your responses it is obvious you have nothing to do with A&E or any other high profile entertainment outlets. But I'll give you the benefit of doubt and ask that you back up your claims with some evidence. You must have a contract laying around the house or a finalized edited script that you can take some pictures of. Just show us 3 or 4 pages and i'll eat crow. Sure you could fake that pretty easy but not in 5 or so minutes it would take to snap a few pics and post them...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nS1NR8r

I wrote the first 4 seasons of ancient aliens until we had a little disagreement with a@e ,and the history channel. after the 4th season I stopped giving them information due to there lack of putting a good show together.

I can not stand megalomaniacs spouting BS and expecting other people to buy it. Just in the way you have framed your responses it is obvious you have nothing to do with A&E or any other high profile entertainment outlets. But I'll give you the benefit of doubt and ask that you back up your claims with some evidence. You must have a contract laying around the house or a finalized edited script that you can take some pictures of. Just show us 3 or 4 pages and i'll eat crow. Sure you could fake that pretty easy but not in 5 or so minutes it would take to snap a few pics and post them...

lol,I can care less if you believe me or not,it was over 10 years ago,so it doesn't matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I found that the best alternative then AA is just digging on youtube and finding shorts!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I really enjoy AAs and I've always watch the History Channel 1 and 1 and if you flip around you will see many others showing interesting shows on aliens, UFOs, ancients, monsters, etc.

I enjoyed Monsterquest for a long time, even though some of the assumptions were extreme.

Brad Meltzer is very good and usually follows an investigative procedure and comes to a conclusion must like a civil court as to a preponderence of the evidence.

All great stuff.

We need the extreme thinking as I have found far too many of my friends (educated in the sciences) to be somewhat brainlocked by the basics and it is difficult to pry their minds out into the far reaches of the imagination.

Direct TV has a lot of channels which carry many similiar programs if that helps any.

F n S to ya... keep an open mind...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

lol,I can care less if you believe me or not,it was over 10 years ago,so it doesn't matter.

So you are saying you wrote the 1st 4 seasons over 10 years ago and they are just running the fourth season now? You have lost all credibility and I will never take anything you say seriously ever again and neither will anyone with half a brain. I really feel bad making a response like this and even speaking to you at all, its not usually my style but come on, the statements you made are so over the top that they get the exact opposite effect then the one you are looking for. I'm trying to teach my 13 year old son this lesson as he tends to embellish when he is looking to impress. Thank you for an entertaining conversation. I hope they find the right medication to help you achieve a healthy balance...

www.imdb.com...

Series Writing credits
Richard Monahan (12 episodes, 2010-2011)
Kody DèShaupe (9 episodes, 2011-2012)
Kaylan Eggert (6 episodes, 2010-2012)
Max Thompson (3 episodes, 2010-2011)
Brian Coughlin (3 episodes, 2010)
Eric Murphy (3 episodes, 2011)
Kevin Burns (2 episodes, 2009-2010)
Deborah Blum (2 episodes, 2010)
James Goldin (2 episodes, 2010)
Andy Papadopoulos (2 episodes, 2011)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by nS1NR8r

Huh?
edit on 26-3-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I like seeing his hair too

I bought season 1 on amazon vod. That Golden ship they made fly was either in episode 1 or 2 (I am on 3 right now and its on one of those)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join