It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shows like Ancient Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamdaddy
Do you use torrents? There is ufotv torrent going around with like 100gb of stuff. Some of it is garbage but there is lots of interesting videos to go through.

haha thanks but my computer sucks so bad its got like .5 gb left and is a broken laptop hooked up to a monitor so I don't think thats an option

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shamdaddy

They have 156 episodes on their youtube channel.

I posted the link to it above.

No download necessary

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SteelToe

Yeah i was watching some and it's pretty good

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RevolutionSpeaks

Until all the shows focus on the ‘triangle ‘and the ‘caves‘, then all shows will be cancelled because it isn’t, and will never be, proof on any of the stupid topics, and shows that they have come out with.

I told UFO hunters to look in the caves. They didn’t, look what happened to them.

I told ancient aliens and explained that its no such thing as saucers, focus on the triangle and stop trying to connect every ancient artifact to flight...BUT no they wouldn’t listen either.

Either these shows are dumb, or they really do not understand what is going on, or they are forced to feed this bs to the populace.

So lets start with this.

blog.world-mysteries.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This image doesn’t, wasn’t ,couldn’t, and will never freaking' fly' no matter what they do, or how many failed and awful experiments they come up with it is not desighned to fly.

This is a reptilian under watercraft; this is what has been called in your history the 'USOs'.

The last time they came out was during World War 1 and 2 when you startled this race with all the vibrations on the sea.
Go back to the sightings of World War 1 and 2 and this is what they was looking at.

edit on 25-3-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Until all the shows focus on the ‘triangle ‘and the ‘caves‘, then all shows will be cancelled because it isn’t, and will never be, proof on any of the stupid topics, and shows that they have come out with.

I told UFO hunters to look in the caves. They didn’t, look what happened to them.

I told ancient aliens and explained that its no such thing as saucers, focus on the triangle and stop trying to connect every ancient artifact to flight...BUT no they wouldn’t listen either.

Either these shows are dumb, or they really do not understand what is going on, or they are forced to feed this bs to the populace.

So lets start with this.

blog.world-mysteries.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This image doesn’t, wasn’t ,couldn’t, and will never freaking' fly' no matter what they do, or how many failed and awful experiments they come up with it is not desighned to fly.

This is a reptilian under watercraft; this is what has been called in your history the 'USOs'.

The last time they came out was during World War 1 and 2 when you startled this race with all the vibrations on the sea.
Go back to the sightings of World War 1 and 2 and this is what they was looking at.

I don't know what caves your talking about but on Ancient Aliens they made that "USO" fly I watched it !

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You watched it drop within 1.3 seconds of flight.
You wached the goverment as they forced fed you false information.
You watched nothing.
You watched as they tried to make a USO fly as if it was a 'ufo'.
you watched total failure.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You watched nothing.

I don't think so but oh well we have our seperate opinions.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevolutionSpeaks

You watched nothing.

I don't think so but oh well we have our seperate opinions.

Pull the video that you speake of.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I used to like the Ancient Alien show when it first came out because it seemed to ask questions, not trying to give answers like it does now. It seems everything they cannot understand or explain has to do with aliens. Angels in the bible? No, more like aliens with jetpacks. Tells of legendary heroes? Nope, just aliens acting cool. People building things out of stone? Nope,humans could not do such things in the past because aliens can only do those things. The show has turned into a joke, but I must admit I still watch it.

saltventures.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I was about 4 when I was first introduced to the ancient aliens theory, about 36 years ago....

I still remember when I was first introduced to the ancient alien theory....

www.youtube.com...

seriously though, you may like this:

edit on 26-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

The show pushes the envelope and provokes new ideas, I don't really see any other show doing this. It is somewhat "taboo" and the hypothesis that is proposed does not bode well with some people. The idea leaves them rattled, they spend an awful lot of time projecting their disbelief on this forum lol. It is a history that has been suppressed and denied from us imho. But when i was a young man and started exploring my local library i picked up my first interest in UFO's soon after witnessing UFO's and the phenomena fist hand. Read Chariots Of the Gods in just a few days and had a gut feeling that my religion "when i had one" was not the whole story. There was this show on TV in the late 70's i recall called "in search of" narrated by Leonard Nimoy. Since then there really has not been anything aired like it. But AA is similar. Now some of the stuff on AA is flat out silly and they go out on a limb and try to hard at times. But with it's flaws it is educational fascinating and entertaining at the same time. You just don't see much of that on the networks. I approve of the show but it needs more scrutiny and scientific collaboration and less conjecture. The show is asking many questions about these artifacts that defy logic and current understanding. So far the answers i have read on this site are very lame and typical in trying to explain it all away as being works of ancient man

But nothing has been recreated or proven to be so, these artifacts and wonders just do not belong there. And do not fit in with the scheme of things during the era. At the same time I am not calling these ancient gods "Aliens" that is a stretch. They could be time travelers and I lean toward that being the case but I simply do not know. I do know what is impossible and man being the culprit behind all of these mysteries is absurd.

yeah i said it

edit on 26-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Lenard Nimoy's ....... "In Search Of"

Rod Serling narrates this episode below

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SteelToe

Ahah I just realized misspelled Spock' s name

good find

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I don't know what caves your talking about but on Ancient Aliens they made that "USO" fly I watched it !

I do not recall this happening on AA but I think you may be talking about UFO Hunters? I remember a episode on USO's and them making a USO out of a couple of aluminum salad bowls and experimenting with it in a talk of water.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Until all the shows focus on the ‘triangle ‘and the ‘caves‘, then all shows will be cancelled because it isn’t, and will never be, proof on any of the stupid topics, and shows that they have come out with. I told UFO hunters to look in the caves. They didn’t, look what happened to them.

So these TV shows life spans revolve around your advice?

Are you a prominent researcher or scientist?

How are these topics stupid?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Ancient Aliens (and shows like it) is for transitioning the skeptics who are still Opressed into believing creationism, darwinism, and evolution explain Human history, (thats why giorgio seems like such a nut job
to majority Americans)

when in fact, humans bear genes (DNA) that was very recently added compared to other primates and neanderthal and even homo erectus.

all u need to watch for now, as a primer, is this...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevolutionSpeaks
reply to post by babybunnies

Why what did they "jump to conclusions" on ? Because as I recall almost everything they talked about had evidence backing it up and stated their opinion on why they think what they think.

The show never discusses evidence that goes against the Ancient Aliens/Astronaut theory. In other words, it's pseudo-science and this is why so many around here hate it.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Shows about ancient astronaut theory specifically or just aliens in general? UFO Files has probably done an episode on ancient astronaut theory but I am not positive. I know the program "Is it Real?" has covered it as I watched it a few days ago. That program is very skeptical though, to the point of ridiculing it's subject most of the time.

For general alien stuff: "UFOs over Earth" and "UFO Hunters" were both pretty good. The Syfy programs "Destination Truth" and "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files" are not specifically UFO-oriented but have investigated UFO cases with surprising results (Fact or Faked much more so).

mastersmurfie mentioned Brad Meltzer's "Decoded" which did have an interesting UFO cover up episode, but I am not sure if they have done an episode about ancient astronaut theory. It is a pretty interesting show.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
There, I fixed it for me, because your freedom to draw your own conclusions and continuing curiosity towards like-minded material makes me uncomfortable and threatens my psychologism.

Corrected.

As for the OP, I recommend UFO Hunters. It's an interesting show that investigates UFO cases in the same manner that Conspiracy Theory does.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Ancient aliens tends to rely very heavily on arguments from ignorance and appeals to mystery to support it's ideas, these are logical fallacies. No show on the subject has ever presented solid evidence for the visitation of Earth by extraterrestrials in antiquity and thus they are forced to rely on faulty logic.

I'm trying to think of shows like ancient aliens that actually spend a decent amount of time taking a look at the skeptical objections to such ideas without simply scoffing them away but I can't, most of these shows play it up in favor of the ancient aliens hypothesis in order to get better ratings. If they even allowed the skeptics equal time as the believers you would likely come away with an entirely different opinion on the matter, unless of course you have an emotional bias towards wanting to believe this kind of stuff.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join