It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The smell conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Welllll....

Recently I've been working on going vegan, mostly raw, for health reasons (I have autoimmune problems). What I noticed is that when I am eating vegan, especially all raw, I don't require deodorant. This is important to me because I use very expensive no-aluminum deodorant that I have to special order from the USA, or else pay $15+ per small bottle for here. I still worry about what chemicals I'm putting in an area that is covered in lymph nodes, and prefer to use nothing.

So once I'm doing this, I start noticing that what I eat makes a huge difference in how I smell. I've also noticed that when I'm eating cleanly & don't need deodorant, my husband is more reactive to me, finds me prettier.

So perhaps we're doing ourselves a big disservice anyway. I never wear perfume anymore because I know many people who are allergic, so it seems rude to wear an allergen in public for no real reason.

Also, I should mention that it regularly goes about 120 degrees F here in the summer... still don't need deodorant.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MapMistress
All deodorant does is clog the sweat pores making a smelly situation worse.

I think you're thinking of anti-perspirant actually. Deodorant just masks the smell, whereas anti-perspirant clogs the pores with microscopic pieces of aluminum, thereby preventing sweat in the first place. Doesn't sound too healthy does it? lol. That's why I only use basic deodorant.

I don't use commercial scents either. The only cologne I use (occasionally) is the bay rum scent. Which is completely natural as it is only made from bay leaves, rum and various spices.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
sounds like your wispering about a secret degree.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Some people smell asparaganes in pea and also smell it in sweat. They have something to do with turning into the acrylamides during the browning process. The chemical is abundant in asparagus but are also present in large amounts in cabbage and red meats. People who smell them usually avoid others who eat them thinking they smell bad. I can smell asparaganes and use the smell of my pee to judge if I am eating enough to control my epilepsy. I discovered the relation because the smell of my urine smelled bad to me while taking the meds that I was allergic to.

Many people avoid eating cabbage and excessive meats because it drives others away that can smell it, not realizing that most people can't smell it. Browning meats destroys much of the chemical and turns it into a toxic chemical called acrylamides. Eating browned meats also reduces the doping effect too and is better if you have something that has to be done and you need energy and protein. The effects of these asparaganes actually calm people. It is a safe food chemistry if used in moderation to control ADD and some problems problems with overactive brain waves. Too much and it can cause a sort of Phenobarbital effect. I like being mellow and realize that the smell can make some people think you stink. I smell this on many people and have recently learned to understand the reason that some people smell funny to me. I had to change my diet when I got the epilepsy to include smelly urine as a normal part of my life.

I smoke so it helps me get along with everyone since most people smell terrible to me. With having to increase my asparagane levels for the epilepsy, I also think I smell bad. When people stopped smoking they started avoiding these calming foods, started eating meat browned more and they got krankier. This side effect to society is a problem. I'm not sure that the people running our governments health program have a clue as to what reality is. Smoking cigarettes overlodes the olfactory and we can't smell as well. Smoking can also make it possible to eat foods when there are other food odors around. When you smell foods the body makes chemistry immediately to take apart those foods. Eating something other than what you smell causes some chemistry to be created that is not utilized causing problems with improper digestion. If you're planning on having a fish fry on friday and plans change, it causes problems because the body prepares for it all day long. Eating something else can make a person kranky.

I know I have strayed from the thread again. I understand why they make certain neutralizing perfumes and deodorants. The problem comes when these smells affect the school kids that have chemical sensitivities in schools and screws up their learning abilities. I can't take much of these smells without it lowering my oxygen levels and doping me. People who wear some expensive perfumes can bring people down to their knees. The Alchemy of the people in charge. Trouble is, people who smoke can't smell these people, they are a threat to their way of life. I have to smoke because of it's effect with Xanthian Oxidase inhibitors in my lungs. I also have a problem with acytlcholine not sticking to the brain receptors but Nicotine works fine. It allows me to think clearly everywhere. I don't smoke much, about a half a pack a day. I Never used to smoke except when I went into places where there were a lot of perfumes and deodorants on people. I like being social and that necessitates I smoke if I want to be in public. I'm going to find an alternate method to use in the near future.

edit on 13-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The smell conspiracy is a very old conspiracy. It has been used to control people for thousands of years. It makes people into sheeples. Other forms of this Alchemy are getting people to desire certain foods and beverages to control their diet or just adding chemicals to the food. This chemistry makes us sociable lots of times and dumbs us down. I have no problem with this unless it affects our health. Our country's policies are causing a reduction in the overall intelligence of it's citizens though, counteracting the "no child left behind" philosophy. Outlawing some of these fragrances in schools and at work that reduce our abilities to clearly think will make our citizens think more reasonably and increase overall efficiency of our businesses. Right now the wrong types of people are getting these high paying jobs, ones who take unnecessary risks. We have a lot of intellect out there but our present system of control is severly flawed. The people with immunity of the Alchemy are presently in power.
edit on 13-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A girl i know has recently started using some kind of a stone she rubs on her skin. She got it specifically for under her boobs bc she has large breasts and it can get sweaty i guess, but it can be used anywhere for sweat, but ill have to ask if it is only for sweat or if it has a deoderizing effect.

I wonder, the odour which comes from the body which we consider foul...was that considered pleasant in past times?

Anyways, im not sure if its safer or chemical free or if it is actually a natural stone or what. But it might be worth looking into.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join