It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ways to keep americans scared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
theres somthing i have been thinking about

throught the 20 century there have been keywords that have been used to stop dissent or silence diffrent political opinions or used to discriminate against a certian group. words that are used by the united states govorment to pass horible laws in the name of fear. words like natzi communist trator or my personal favriot TERRORIST! the point of this thred is about how much americans have given up do to fear of imaginary ememys. an example of this is all the laws that we have let pass in the name of safty are we really that desprate that we allow our govorment to round us into conentration camps (ie guantomomo bay) and yes i do belive guantomomo bay is a conentration camp. why do we live in so mutch fear anouther example of this woud be during world war 2 when the japanese were rounded up and put into camps and yet so many pepole probly supported it because of fear and what the media was telling them and during the cold war all the hate for russia and all the anti communist lies. ihonesly just dont get it.

sorry if i started to ramble i just really wanted to get this of my chest

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
No need to keep them scared, just keep them on food stamps and government assistance. The threat of that taken away from them will keep them in line.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
the american government has down more to terrorize it's own citizens than al qaeda has ever done.

just recently they claimed that america is full of iranian sleeper cells posing as used car dealerships.

wtf. what's next. n.korean sleeper agents posing as convenience store owners.

not only are those claims designed to make iranians in america your enemy, but they also promote racism and hatred.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The shepherd always uses his dogs to keep the sheep inline.

Fear is the output of all of our legends.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Fear is our only god

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
One of these days we americans' will wake up and smell the coffee.
When we do wake up,the government will be more fearful of us then
we are of them.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Sure you don't wanna change your title to something a little closer to what Letterman uses ?
Top ten ways to keep Americans in constant fear ?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

And on that day,everyone will smell blood,smoke,ash,and more blood.
(still worth it imo)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You don't need to keep Americans scared. You just need to keep them divided.

If the masses are divided into racial, political, and economic groups, they won't unite together against a common enemy.

The more divided everyone is and the more hatred that is built up between all the different groups, the less they will talk to each other and find out that they actually have enemies in common which they should be fighting together.

It's the oldest tactic in the book. When faced against superior numbers, divide and conquer.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think there's ultimately only one real thing that most people are afraid of. The knowledge that eventually, we're going to die. All of the rest of it; terrorists etc, car accidents, even paedophiles, reduce back down to that one fear.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

There are loads of spelling mistakes in that post my friend and can not take what you are saying as seriously as I maybe should. It is because pride in your post is severely missing.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I personally think the horse was upset because the African-American gentleman was jumping/dancing around in what would have appeared to be shadows in the arena. An indoor arena generally has light and dark spots, depending on the doors and windows being open or shut. Anyone hopping around would definitely catch the horse's attention, and if he was spinning, he wouldn't be able to get a good look at the gentleman. Finally, this is unpredictable behavior from a 'human' in the horse's experience - so he is on edge and watching and half spooking in anticipation of the next dancing outbreak. If anything to do with the color of the man's skin, I think it was just a matter of not being able to see facial expressions as well in the dimmer light.

If this had been a small child hopping and dancing around, waving arms, etc. -- how many of us would have simply asked the child to stand still and not squeal with delight because we didn't want to scare the horsey?

www.bulbeckenvirosolutions.com.au...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The most important thing in keeping a population scared is keeping them "dumbed down".

Once they are unable to process information themselves, they turn to "experts" to do their thinking for them.

Control the "experts" and you control the people.

top topics

join