It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to get your true love/soulmate without being with other relationships?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by coirener

Originally posted by spav5
Well you can avoid pain of loss by being with someone you don't love or be alone. If you love them..there is no way to prevent them from leaving ..if they choose...And there is absolutely know way to know for sure if they love you.

It's a gamble ...if you are not willing to lose..you will never get to play.

Peace

Mostly well said, Pain will come one way or the other, you cant avoid it. If there is love there is loss much like everything else. However there are many ways to know if they love you, for starters most people wouldn't really be with you if they didnt have strong feelings for you. Well love may have become a gamble in the western world judging by the divorce rates and all the other nonsense I read and watch on the news, papers, internet and ATS(in threads like this), however at least that's not the case outside the western world, at least not from where I come from, not a gamble.

edit on 25-3-2012 by coirener because: (no reason given)

I would say that people's action are a good determination of how they feel.. If they treat you as if they love you..then perhaps they do. But in no way can you know for sure. Many people have been robbed blind, cheated on, murdered, beaten, abandoned by people that they would swear loved them.

If you have some special means to read peoples thoughts and feelings...you are an outlier..and until you can show me that even this special ability that you have is infallible..I will stand by my statement : ).

Marriage has little to do with love. It has become a convenience. When tax code shows preference to married couples..and society in general looks down on single people (if they are older) and unmarried couples that wish to have a family or merely live together....people are driven to marriage out of convenience. So the rate of divorce is going to be very high. (as some people choose to just get married and avoid such inconveniences.).

I have been in 3 serious relationships ( lengthy) but only have been married once. I did not marry until I was in my 40's.

I feel like my partner loves me... but I do not know for sure. Even if my partner never leaves me or kills me...I can still only assume and hope : )

But as long as long as you love the person you are with and they treat you as if they love you...that is all that matters.

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Possible? Sure.

Likely? No.

For starters...when you first try your hand at relationships, you're WAY too young to realize what you even want in a relationship, let alone need in one (so is the other person). This is why we have so much divorce. People marry young, thinking they know what they want, then as they mature, they find they now have kids and NOW they realize what they want, so they divorce, and then pursue it, meanwhile ripping their family apart.

Had they only waited till their 30's, THEN settled down, they'd have a much better idea who they were, and what they wanted, and would be much more likely to stick together (and do so willingly).

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If you want that then wait or find a woman that has never been in a relationship before and ask her this question:

What do you most want out of life?
You know what your desired answer is and if it matches it's bingo time.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I actually worked with a lady, her and her husband met aged 14. Still as certain about each other being right for them 40 years later. It can happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join