It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain to Me Why They Believe 2012 Theories?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If something with a negative impact on the human race does happen on or around that date, it's my humble opinion that it will be a false flag operation controlled by the N.W.O.. These shows on television about the multi million dollar underground shelters that only the rich can afford, just add fuel to a fire that has been smoldering for years. It certainly doesn't do anything to alleviate people's fears when they also talk about huge shelters and tunnel systems built only for members of government and their immediate families! As popular as it seems Jesse Ventura has become, he doesn't help either with his "conspiracy" television show! I'm sure the N.W.O. has something to do with the production of these shows, including Ventura's!
I think our own "human nature" being what it is, doesn't help matters either. In the case of something like "2012" for instance, people will usually hope for the best, but expect the worst! Perfect for a "false flag operation"!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
"If nothing's going to change, then life isn't worth living. Mankind has proven that it doesn't learn from its mistakes as a species, so it will only get worse without outside influence. Early death would be a kinder fate.

Honestly, death itself would be heaven compared to the suicidal chaos of Earth." Quote by Starchild23

This is the reality of human nature when compelled by the subconscious, it is self destructive.

Until you accept the self destructive nature of subconscious human behaviour you will never, and I say again never understand why humans do what they do.

2012 is a focus for those who are still in a reactive rejective state of mind that is based on hope and belief.

"If it doesnt get better then we are better of destroying what exists and starting again." This has occurred throughout our known history. It hasn't worked and it will never work.

One problem is when playing video games where it's easy to hit the reset button the human mind is trained again and again to be intolerant of experiences where the player can learn from the continuance of the action where they know they will not win the game!!!!

No one can win at life as we will all die. What happens then is still unknown, no matter how many beliefs of it have occurred.

Reality is being affected by this perspective as we are the creators of our reality and how we think determines what we do.

Change therefore is determined by how we think and it's easy to observe just on ATS that many are predominately destructive rather than creative in their thoughts........

edit on 28-3-2012 by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
ok you twisted my arm the real reason i want STHTF is so i can kill with no " law " to worry about.

not just randomness but population control and protection. i cant go pick my spot on the side of a
mountain some where and homested like the good ole days. so i will patiently wait and play nice with the others

cant get any more honest than that.

edit on 26-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

You know what? you are right,you cannot get anymore honest than admitting you would like the 's# to hit the fan' so that you can run around committing robbery and murder freely without fear of legal authority getting in the way

I truly hope you are not being honest,if you are then you seriously need to reevaluate your morals and ideals.

edit on 1-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Because they want to believe. They want there tiny insignificant lives to go out with a bang.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
even if some major human changing event doesnt happen, something is still going to happen even its small. Look at all the recent weather effects / mother nature events that have been happening, its already happening. 2012 will just push us into a new era, maybe those that felt or believed it was going to be the end will feel reborn.

what we do know is the fact that the mayan calendar will be ending / restarting / recycling or whatever is supposed to happen, so were left to wonder why? why did they stop it? maybe the calendar keeper said "to hell with this im gonna get laid" and stopped it, or maybe there was another reason. I do not think the mayans were special from other civilizations in any way, its just more of the question "why". The fact that their pyramids and such were aligned with certain stars just like the egyptians only adds more mystery to the puzzle of life i guess.

Me personally, i find it very interesting because its happening in our lifetime, and this is probably the main event ill be glad ill witness (hopefully if im still alive)

Also, for me, its a perfect reason to purchase a handgun (legally) or maybe rifle. Wife has always been very opposed to it but now with 2012 i convinced her by telling her " just in case theres crazy people running around" and she was like "oh yeah that makes sense"

They already said somewhere that GM (general motors) saved the world already by producing 2013 models.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A mass awaking will happen on 22 dec 2012 when everyone that belived the world will end will actually relize........ well its time to wake up

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
actually i kinda believe this will initiate us to positively change the world and people in it.were getting enlightened at an ever increasing pace. therefore wouldnt it be logical to assume we realize the need for action and take it? doesnt have to be doom and gloom. maybe thats why its so important is because we learn to handle these things properly without war and violence. just a thought.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Starchild23

I'm not saying nothing world changing will occur. World changing events happen every year. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't expect some cosmic reset button to come along and fix everything for us. There's a reason why I have called 2012 theories some of the most dangerous thoughts out there. In the end they only achieve two things. One is that they will lead to people committing suicide. The other is that belief in these theories leads to apathy. These people can see the world is screwed up but as long as they're expecting something to come along and fix it for them they're not going to do anything. The sooner we an get away from this belief that we don't have to clean up our own mess the sooner we can actually start cleaning up our mess. You may find that depressing but that's the truth. Why should we continue to promote theories whose only achievements are the stifling of of progress? Sure they may give some hope, but it is a false hope.

That's a tad negative and overly limiting, I see 2012 people who are in a "hurry up" mode. Hurry up to clean up their lives, hurry up to focus on the moments, hurry up to do things they have put off for way too long. All positive things.

The second issue I have with your post is this "all or nothing" approach. I read many 2012 analysis to claim that we are not going to get either a cosmic reset or a [in your description] a common, ordinary "world changing event". They see Dec 2012 as the beginning of a slow and perhaps quite methodical corner turning and, in this concept, I agree. Not with the 2012 dating as much as an overall, intellectually encompassing, a shifting away, a "log-off, logon" instead of a reboot.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalBinoculars

That's a tad negative and overly limiting, I see 2012 people who are in a "hurry up" mode. Hurry up to clean up their lives, hurry up to focus on the moments, hurry up to do things they have put off for way too long. All positive things.

Does this make up for the people who are scared out of their wits (and money) and are contemplating suicide because of this hoax.

I read many 2012 analysis to claim that we are not going to get either a cosmic reset or a [in your description] a common, ordinary "world changing event". They see Dec 2012 as the beginning of a slow and perhaps quite methodical corner turning and, in this concept, I agree. Not with the 2012 dating as much as an overall, intellectually encompassing, a shifting away, a "log-off, logon" instead of a reboot.

None of this will happen unless They (whoever "They" are) actually take action to (as Xcal put it) clean up our mess. Merely sitting around wishing for "something" to happen is pointless. And to base this action on a meaningless date is just as pointless.

You know the old saying: Wish in one hand, poop in the other. See which one fills up first.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Flowmaster05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flowmaster05
Does this make up for the people who are scared out of their wits (and money) and are contemplating suicide because of this hoax.

Why does it have to? There are no "balance scale" requirements for the crazed and the sane.

edit on 25-4-2012 by AlchemicalBinoculars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I read many 2012 analysis to claim that we are not going to get either a cosmic reset or a [in your description] a common, ordinary "world changing event". They see Dec 2012 as the beginning of a slow and perhaps quite methodical corner turning and, in this concept, I agree. Not with the 2012 dating as much as an overall, intellectually encompassing, a shifting away, a "log-off, logon" instead of a reboot.

None of this will happen unless They (whoever "They" are) actually take action to (as Xcal put it) clean up our mess. Merely sitting around wishing for "something" to happen is pointless. And to base this action on a meaningless date is just as pointless.

There is a bigger problem whch is the elephant in the intellectual discussion room.

Most people on the planet, the vast majority, haven't a clue about this topic - of global consciousness awakening, the details of doomsday prophecies 2012 etc etc etc. It's a discussion reserved for a few and too many of this few are, frankly, fookin' nutcases.

So the overall chance of us entering a "new age" of whatever is seriously obviated by the unrelenting fact that most people are dumb and dead to the possibility and surely will not be contributors.

You know the old saying: Wish in one hand, poop in the other. See which one fills up first

Get back to me on that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars

Why does it have to? There are no "balance scale" requirements for the crazed and the sane.

edit on 25-4-2012 by AlchemicalBinoculars because: (no reason given)

True.

However, what was stopping these people from cleaning up their lives and doing all the things they've put off beforehand? Now they're doing it because they're under the assumption the world may end in 8 months, or there may be some significant life changing event? And why do they believe it in the first place? I thought that was the whole basis for this topic, not what they are doing because of it.

It's a discussion reserved for a few and too many of this few are, frankly, fookin' nutcases.

So true, on both sides of the equation I'm afraid.

I appreciate the reply
edit on 25-4-2012 by Flowmaster05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

However, what was stopping these people from cleaning up their lives and doing all the things they've put off beforehand? Now they're doing it because they're under the assumption the world may end in 8 months, or there may be some significant life changing event? And why do they believe it in the first place? I thought that was the whole basis for this topic, not what they are doing because of it.

I appreciate the reply

I don't really care, in this case, why delusional people do positive things as you have mentioned. As to why do they believe in the first place, it's a common theme of mine that you will find in umpteenth posts.

It's an answer. They seek closure with answers. They disdain mystery.

Oh, and their idiots most of them.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Without getting too off topic, y2k did have an effect, and I speak from personal experience, having worked as a developer during that period.
There were real issues that needed to be fixed in software systems. This created a demand for software developers as many of these projects meant complete rewrites. In some cases this was not the case, some things were fixed easily by updating drivers, small pieces of code that were used everywhere in a large system. Regardless of what happened on 31 December 1999, there was a large influx of software developers in the years leading up to y2k, which come 2001/2002 were basically unneeded. Projects that had spun out of controll during 99 due to key personelle with product knowledge being shifted to y2k issues, with new temp workers handling projects out of their depths, eventually got finished, and the net effect was people started losing jobs. In an indirect way you could blame the y2k scare for what lead to the global recession. There were other factors, obviously, and software development is only a small part of the global economy, however industry as a whole is dependent in one way or another on computer technology, I would imagine there may have been some flow on effects - if the overal quality of software suffered during that period, and there was a thinning of the herd so to speak, it meant those pushed out had to find work elsewhere. This impacts the economy as people may not have the appropriate skills, and if they were not the cream of the IT crop, it's likely that's for a good reason. For what it's worth I fall into that category. I made good money during the 99 to 2002 period, but as I was self taught and without qualifications, I was soon left by the wayside when jobs were on the line.

An amusing anecdote about y2k: exactly 1 year later, I was on a flight that landed in France just before midnight on December 31. The entire customs facility had a computer systems failure on the stroke of midnight and we were delayed while they sorted it out. I remember musing to myself if some lazy programmer "fixed" a y2k bug by subtracting 1 from the year in a critical peice of code he "knew" was scheduled for rewrite in a few months, but that rewrite never happened or was delayed, and he had already left the company, being a temp worker. My point being, there may be delayed effects.

What worries me about the 2012 situation is there may be "unhinged" people at the helm of power structures that might feel it is their responsibility to cause mayhem for some idealism that the rest of us find for want of a better word, insane. If there were a large explosion detonated at the site of a caldera (Taupo in New Zealand, or Yellowstone in USA for example) the fact that it were man made would soon pale into insignificance in the light of the destruction that would follow if that led to a major erruption. No amount of underground shelters or FEMA camps would help in that case. In the same way there are many ways an insane world leader could trigger what might on the surface might appear to be a natural disaster, that for the sake of rationality I will not elaborate on here. The how is not the issue, the issue is the why. If just one person in power has the insane notion that a global catastrophe would lead to some "new age rebirth", or are persuaded to act by an advisor with such beliefs, 2012 may become a self fullfiling prophesy we all have to live (or more likely die) with.
edit on 25-4-2012 by FlutterByte because: Added anecdote

edit on 25-4-2012 by FlutterByte because: Spelling

edit on 25-4-2012 by FlutterByte because: Spelling. Really, iPhone autocorrect, really? Down boy.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The 2012 doomsday scenario is the most overhyped piece of non event since the Y2K bug.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
A mass awaking will happen on 22 dec 2012 when everyone that belived the world will end will actually relize........ well its time to wake up

My guess is that we need to keep a suicide watch on many of those people who have spent their whole lives prepping for this moment, and then will come to realize on Dec 22 that nothing will happen out of the ordinary.

Personally, I've taken Dec 22 off work, I firmly believe that there will be some AMAZING end of the world parties to attend Dec 21, and I'll need to recover.

I predict suicide rate will see a big spike in early 2013.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Primary reason people believe the world will end in 2012: WISHFUL THINKING!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'm wondering why you wouldn't welcome any change my friend.

I believe that a change is needed, and now is the time.

P.S. Only fools convince themselves they have all the answers, and there are fools on both sides of the 2012 debate, myself included

edit on 26-4-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join